PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Wavy Boxes Afghan

knit-a-holic
04-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Hello! I'm currently working on a blanket for a friend that is having a baby on the 20th of this month. When finding out that it's next week...I got to the needles and the yarn with a quickness! I used Bernat's Baby Coordinates fingering yarn...color: lemon/aqua. I first tried using a single yarn, but I decided doubling it, since it would be thicker and it looks nicer. I got this pattern from someone on knittinghelp.com, not sure who it is...but credit to them for this pattern. I love the pattern. I hope to get it done by the due date, if not, hopefully, not too long after that.

Here's the pattern: http://www.touchinglittlelives.org/ellenblanket1.html

I finished the first rows of pattern on the blanket. Yeah! I'm excited! I still have 10 more to go of this pattern, before I finish. I love it!

Pixywhispers
04-19-2006, 09:09 PM
I love the colors, but cant see the pattern its so shiny. I'm working some booties in the same yarn, but in white and love it!

knit-a-holic
04-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah...it is a bit too shiny. I had the flash on...I'll try taking a better photo. Thx!

Pixywhispers
04-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh my gosh that is so cute! Great pictures!

knit-a-holic
04-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh my gosh that is so cute! Great pictures!

Thx! I took out the flash u can see more definition in the pattern. Do u have pics of the booties? I think I need to learn how to knit those! :D

Pixywhispers
04-19-2006, 10:38 PM
heh I casted it on this afternoon. I only have about an inch of a scalloped edge. But its these same booties. http://afterifinishthisrow.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_afterifinishthisrow_archive.html

I'll post a picture of the ones I'm working on tonight in the morning. The pattern is in the 50 Booties to Knit, book. It was my first intermediate pattern. It looks intimidating, but you really just need to slip stitches, k2tog, yo, and picking up stitches. Easy stiches to learn, if you (or anyone else) hasn't yet. There is also seaming on this project.

I didn't mean to hijak this thread. :oops:

knit-a-holic
04-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Aww...those are cute! I dread the seaming part though, but I'm willing to conquor it. =)

Amber
04-19-2006, 11:49 PM
So pretty! That is a great pattern, and I love the color you chose!

Danielle
04-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Very pretty! I love the color! :thumbsup:

rebecca
04-20-2006, 10:54 AM
:DVery nice, i love the color & the pattern u chose, I know it will be loved :D