PDA

View Full Version : AM NEW HERE AND NEED HELP

avagemini
04-20-2006, 05:58 AM
HI GUYS,MY NAME IS AVA AND BOY AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE.I STARTED KNITTING WHILE IN HIGH SCHOOL AND SINCE THEN I HAVEN'T TURNED BACK.I FIND IT SO RELAXING AND SOOTHING (AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT IT DOES TO ME).BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM I DON'T KNOW ANY TERMINOLOGIES IN KNITTING .I ONLY KNOW THE YARN AND NEEDLE.WHEN I WAS THOUGHT BY MY FRIENDS IN SCHOOL THEY ONLY THOUGHT ME WHAT THEY KNOW.I WILL REAALY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU PEOPLE CAN HELP TO FILL ME IN ON THE NECESSARY THINGS TO HELP ME.AND ALSO IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH BOOKS TO FURTHER AID ME.THANK YOU. :oops:
I LOVE THE SITE.THANKS AGAIN. :D

Ingrid
04-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Welcome!

If you look at the top of the page, you'll see tabs for videos for Basic Techniques and More, and for Advanced Techniques. There is also an Abbreviations tab which contains lots of videos and descriptions of what the abbreviations mean. The Getting Started tab is a great beginning, too.

If you have any specific questions after playing with the videos, please don't hesitate to ask!

Ronda
04-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Honestly, Amy's videos have been the biggest help to me. I did buy The Knitter's Bible and Vogue Knitting - The Ultimate Knitting Book, both of which have a lot of helpful information for beginners. I just checked a bunch of knitting books out of the library, and the Stitch & Bitch books are fun to read and have a lot of useful information. Still though, nothing really beats Amy's videos.

Nikki
04-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Welcome and boy oh boy, have you ever come to the right place. I love this site. I don't know a lot of the answers but I sure come here first when I have a question, no better place on the `net. As far as books go, try Knitting for Dummies. Even the wonderful knitters here have to sleep sometime, so that is my back up.
Nikki

rebecca
04-20-2006, 10:51 AM
:D Welcome, avagemini :waving: I look forward to getting to know you! As Ingrid stated, please just let us know if u have questions & happy knitting :D

WynnieG
04-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Even the wonderful knitters here have to sleep sometime, so that is my back up.
Nikki

You sleep, Nikki? :shock:

Welcome welcome Ava! I hope you are able to get all your questions answered here.

avagemini
05-04-2006, 07:49 AM
:XX: thanx guys .wow!i feel invigorated already.am tryin to make a belt and a lil bag for me to take out when i don't feel like a big bag on my shoulder.will take a pic and scan so u guys can c it.thanx agan.bye

nicolethegeek
05-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Welcome!!! And congrats on finding one of the friendliest places online for knitting!!!