PDA

View Full Version : Pattern ideas needed

njdesantis
04-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Hi all-

Just finishing up my 2nd knitting project ever- I started with a simple alpaca scarf which turned out great, and I'm in the last stages of a Booga Bag. I need some ideas for new projects- I've got some really wonderful yarn, but I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

I have some sport weight yarn that I'd like to try to make some socks out of- any suggestions for patterns? I found this pattern, which I like, but I'm not sure how to translate it for use with DPNs instead of 2 circulars:

http://www.kelthaven.org/socks/flutedbanister/med-sportwt.html

I also have some silk/merino blend DK weight yarn that I'd like to make a scarf out of- is the DK weight yarn too light to be used for a scarf? Any pattern suggestions? Thanks so much! I think it's fair to say that I found my new hobby- and who knew a 21 year old male college student would get bitten by the knitting bug?

Fudgie
04-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Ok, u need to cast on 60 stitches divided equally between 3 kneedles. So cast 20 onto the 1st needle then 20 onto the 2nd etc. You then knit as you would normally, using a 4th needle. So u don't get loose stitches when you have finished a row knit 1 more stitch onto the needle. However if you do this remember to mark the beginning of the round otherwise you loose the place where u started. Hope this helps! :XX: