PDA

View Full Version : Help! Child's Free Pattern

KnittyJenny
04-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi. I am looking for some help to point me in the right direction. I would like to do some knitting again. I want to do a item of clothing for one of my children. They are all under 4 and I have both sexes. Can someone show me where a good beginner-intermediate pattern is at? All the ones I've seen have been a bit odd looking. :?? The reason I want a beginner-intermediate pattern is I've never made knit clothing before. I do some apperal sewing so I'm not afraid of seaming or anything like that. Can someone help me?

Also, does anyone have a good online store for Addi Turbo needles?

Jenny

rebecca
04-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi Jenny & welcome to the forum! There are LOTS of patterns @ www.knittingpatterncentral.com I hope that u can find what u r looking for :D

HollyP
04-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Welcome Jenny!
A good place to buy Addi's is from Jeff on Ebay (http://stores.ebay.com/My-BestShop_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm)
Another place to look for patterns is www.knitty.com . They have quite a selection of free patterns for kids. Go to the archives and scroll down a bit to kidswear. They have some really cute things!

skNYC
04-21-2006, 05:16 PM
www.knitty.com is not available :(

Ingrid
04-21-2006, 05:19 PM
It should be working. I clicked on your link and it worked. You may have to allow pop ups or cookies, though. Check out the archives for patterns from the past--that's where you'll find more than just the current spring issue patterns.

edit--I just looked at Holly's link and the period was in the way. I fixed it, so that link should work, too.