PDA

View Full Version : Baby hat and ..stitchmarkers!!

Ellen Edwards
04-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah--I got the fever for some of those pretty markers...and a litle trip to Walmart and 10 bucks got me all I'll need for a good while. It's just fun to make them!!

aylaanne
04-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Those are great! I love those stitch markers!

Jan in CA
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
The hat is precious! Lovely stitch markers, too!

nanonette
04-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Adorable hat!! Loves me the stitch markers!!

Ingrid
04-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Aaaaw! Cute hat! I must say that all this talk around here about stitch markers, and now looking at yours, is not good for my mental health!! They really look like fun to make--love yours!

rebecca
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
:D Cute, cute hat & I love your st markers :thumbsup:

Pixywhispers
04-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Ellen, I love the baby hat! And what cool stitch markers!

gardenmommy
04-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Look at that sweet little hat!

Gorgeous stitch markers too, do you use O from a set of toggles for the loop on yours?

Zukes
04-30-2006, 12:56 AM
those are so pretty, where do you buy the hoops to make the stitch markers? I have an old jewlry making kit from college... mostly metal working tools but I know I have some nice pliers in there.

AnreeAce
04-30-2006, 01:08 AM
:inlove:

Look at the pretty sparkly things! They sure look like they'd be fun to make!

Lovely hat too! Bravo

Angelia
04-30-2006, 08:12 AM
What an adorable hat! :inlove:

And Trudy, you and I are going to have to sit down and talk about how bad you are for my budget when you keep showing off your gorgeous handmade stitch-markers, and then have the nerve to tell me where to get supplies!

Foul temptress!

:rofling:

:heart:

Ellen Edwards
04-30-2006, 09:11 AM
OH!! Sorry, Angelia--but they are really really el cheapo--and just a one stop shopping day at WalMart for some "grocery supplies" instigated the whole thing!! After seeing how much just 4 could cost me at stitching places, I thought I'd try to myself--but on the cheap!! It's about the only way I do everything....
um...was being "poor" the Mother of Invention?? :D

Angelia
04-30-2006, 09:24 AM
was being "poor" the Mother of Invention?? :D

Yes, I think so!!

I've been using some really cheap rings I bought at Hobby Lobby. Clover makes them, I think....anyway, they're not in the least bit attractive, not like lovely beaded ones.... :inlove:

Ellen Edwards
04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey--you know--whatever works!! I've even taken off my OWN rings and used them if I was out and needed a couple more!!! Even bits of yarn tied in a ring work really well--and they are REAL cheap!!

It's just that I wanted to do a little something more successful than my recent knitting projects I guess!! I always love trying new things--but I've never done any beading, so I guess this was my foray into that! :D

Oh, and Kristen--yes I went and got a package of toggles after someone onKH forum told me what they used. It was perfect--and almost TOO easy! :shock:

BY the way Angelia--that's what my husband calls me too---

FOUL TEMPTRESS!--especially after I've been working out in the hot sun for a few hours and get good and sweaty! :roflhard:

Thanks-- all of you --by the way--you're so kind! :inlove:

sara_jayne
05-01-2006, 09:33 AM
The hat and stitch makers look so pretty!! Sometimes it is fun to do another type of craft than knitting - but that knitting but always comes back!

CateKnits
05-01-2006, 09:36 AM
was being "poor" the Mother of Invention?? :D

Yes, I think so!!

I've been using some really cheap rings I bought at Hobby Lobby. Clover makes them, I think....anyway, they're not in the least bit attractive, not like lovely beaded ones.... :inlove:

I'm currently using the little twisty ties that come with small trash bags. :oo: (I'm also not here! You didn't see me! *vanishes into thin air*).

Angelia
05-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I've used twisty-ties too!! :rofling:

I'm not sure to whom I'm talking, though...she was here, and now she's gone... :??

nicolethegeek
05-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Sometimes it is fun to do another type of craft than knitting - but that knitting but always comes back!
I enjoy changing from craft to craft. My first love is crochet, but I rarely pick up a hook these days. My favourite thing to do is to combine my hobbies... like how my scrapbooking hobby was born from my need to document my crocheting, since 95% of what I make is given away. I used to make jewelry years ago, and now I can make jewelry for my knitting and crocheting!

Amber
05-01-2006, 01:15 PM
Cute hat! And the stitch markers are very pretty!

Ellen Edwards
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Our knitted items should DEFINITELY have their own jewelry while being made, huh!!

One thing I quickly learned tho--the markers I showed you--they get HEAVY!! And if you have a lot in your project , it'll weigh it down . I do use the rings to the toggles sets, but I've also taken a head pin , slipped maybe ONE seed bead and one regular bead on, and bent the other end into a circle and crimped the end so it won't catch. These are very feather light, and still very pretty.

I started making a shawl and using the ones I had made and realized there was no way I wanted to have THAT much weight on there when I had to use 10 or 12!! Since I made the little light ones, they're much much more pleasant--and I use just a couple of the heavier ones in the work --just cause they're so dang "purdy"!!

lmc
05-04-2006, 10:50 PM
sweet, sweet little hat...preemie size or 0-3?
love the beads, and anything "on the cheap" as you said is a refined art in my humble opinion!

Ellen Edwards
05-04-2006, 11:01 PM
THe little hat was preemie sized, Imc--and you are definitely talking my language when you said anything cheap is refined art!! Love that!! :D

And ya'll--I never thought of Twisty ties--another great idea!!