PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Epstein said my car was cool. :O

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-29-2006, 10:56 PM
I am totally geeking out! Today was the first day of Knitting in the Heartland, an event here in KS held by my knitting guild. I'm actually doing my first vending here, and had been freaking out all week about the whole thing. Well, today went REALLY well. I'm really suprised and astonished at how much people liked my things, and i've raised alot of money for my breast cancer walk.

Now for the geeky part...my first customer was none other than Nicky Epstein. She was rifling through my stuff before I had even got it displayed, and asked me to hold some stuff for her. I didn't know who she was, but I did after I asked her who to put it under. (DOH!) Anyhow, she actually bought gifts for other knitters from my table...so it was just so cool for me to have her buy stuff and deem it good enough to give as gifts. (which means she wasn't just being polite in saying she liked my stuff.)

Then, after we all had dinner, I got to drive her back to the hotel! My friend Nell and I yakked at her, and she said my old Cadillac was cool, and she hadn't been in one in a while. I asked her if she was having teenage flashbacks, and she said "I don't know...let me lie down for a sec." :lol:

I am psyched about tomorrow, as I get to take a class from her on felted flowers (she said we should get through that pretty quickly and be abl eto try some other stuff too!)

I figured I would share with people who just might understand and not think I was a crazy stalker person. ;)

sfavereau
04-29-2006, 11:21 PM
That's sooooooooooooo cool! Let us know how the class goes tomorrow!

Ingrid
04-29-2006, 11:22 PM
How cool is that!!

Sara
04-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Wow!

Angelia
04-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Oh, wow, that is really cool! And yes, please share regarding tomorrow's activities, too! (Photos would be nice!)

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-29-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm the Guild photographer, so I will definitely get some photos tomorrow. (*note to self: charge batteries for camera!*)

I am so excited I can't sleep!

IrishBaby
04-30-2006, 12:28 AM
Wow, that's so awesome! Her felted flowers book will be arriving at my house from Amazon in the next few days. :)

Celine
04-30-2006, 05:47 AM
Wow...sounds like you did have a super day!!! I can't wait to her more!! :happydance: :happydance:

dustinac
04-30-2006, 09:33 AM
:cheering: Yeahhh for you!! Thats so great.. I love her flower book and can't wait to see photos and hear about the day :thumbsup:

Nikki
04-30-2006, 09:41 AM
WOW and I love her comment about letting her lie down. :rofling: :rofling: Wish I could be at the felted flower workshop with you.
Nikki

mintdee
04-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Wow That is so cool! :happydance:
Have Fun today!

nicolethegeek
04-30-2006, 11:33 AM
I am soooo jealous!!! :mrgreen: Not only getting to go to a knitting event, but chatting up Nicky Epstein as well! <falls over>

rebecca
04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Too cool :thumbsup:

cindyln
04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
where in kansas is this and how come I am just now hearing about it?? :crying:

I would be speechless and you were lucky enough to have her in your car. WOW. Lucky you!

cindyln
04-30-2006, 03:13 PM
terrible duplicate post. sorry

skNYC
04-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I want to see a picture of your car ;)

ChroniclesofYarnia
04-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, I am back from the event and am ready to drop on the floor. I was doing ok until I had the class with Nicky, and it just took it out of me. If you EVER get the chance to take a class with her, it is worth every penny.

I will post pics and give you the lowdown tomorrow. Tonight is a couple of glasses of wine and Grey's Anatomy.

I did make 159.00 for my breast cancer walk from selling stitch markers! YAY!

Cindy, it was an event held by the Sunflower Knitter's Guild. Email me at Christina@chroniclesofyarnia.com and I will make sure you don't miss another event. :)

ebrperk
04-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I am a former Kansan and still have family back there. I would like to possibly know when the next one was so maybe I could visit.

ChroniclesofYarnia
05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Phew! Just got done photo editing and writing, so I have full details up on my blog. LOTS of pictures!

If you ever get the chance, take a class from her! In fact, I might drive over to Illinois to do so later this year!

skNYC
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Where's the picture of your car?