PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher Troubleshooting

JessicaR
05-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok, We've lived in this house since November and everything was fine, but all of a sudden the dishes coming out of the dishwasher are just awful. The glasses, silverware, and pans have a white film on them. At first I thought it was the fact that my husband bought Wallmart brand soap, so I switched back to Electrisol tabs. Still the same. I switched from solid Jet Dry to liquid, no change. I've tried every cycle in the book, pots and pans, temp sense off, then on, starting with hot water, cold water, heat dry off, on, nothing is helping! I practically have to hand wash everything that comes out of the dishwasher. Any other suggestions???

Ingrid
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Do you have hard water? That might be the problem, but I don't know what you'd do to solve it.

mintdee
05-02-2006, 09:33 PM
:thinking: I have a problem with my dishwasher as well. I just don't wanna. ;)

Sorry couldn't resist :roflhard:

dustinac
05-02-2006, 09:33 PM
a friend told me one time to run the dishwasher empty with vinegar in it.. it does help and I just guess on how much to put in my soap dispenser.. also have you cleaned the little thing I call it the trap where items seem to get stuck?? :D

gardenmommy
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
One of my favorite sites for appliance (all sorts!) troubleshooting is

www.repairclinic.com

Sara
05-02-2006, 10:28 PM
I would try running a cycle with a bowl of vinegar in it.

JessicaR
05-02-2006, 10:30 PM
We do have hard water but we have a softener.... humm, maybe the salt is low... :thinking:

JessicaR
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
The water softener was UNPLUGGED!!! :shock: I plugged it in and it's running water through it right now, I'm hoping it will stop when it cycles through.

Ok, it stopped, and I'm a retard.

JessicaR
05-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Running a load, cross your fingers! :pray: