PDA

View Full Version : Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!!

lisak
05-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England.

In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.

But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.

The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss.

Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Margaritas around!!! :cheering:

sara_jayne
05-05-2006, 11:42 AM
:shock: That was so bad.

But SO funny! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
05-05-2006, 12:10 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

To celebrate, I think I need to have a tuna salad sandwich for lunch--extra mayo ;)

CateKnits
05-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm getting Taco Bell for lunch. White trash Cinco de Mayo!

Angelia
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM
:thumbsup:

I love Taco Bell--I don't care that it's fake ;)

nicolethegeek
05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I like Tacky Bell's Crunch Wrap Supreme... I just wish Taco Time was still around here :( They had the best super soft tacos ever!

Editted to add why I miss Taco Time.

CateKnits
05-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Angelia, people always ask me if I know what I'm eating when I get Taco Bell. "No, but it tastes good and it hasn't killed me yet, so as long as it keeps tasting good and not killing me, I'm okay with that."

IndianPrincessSIP
05-05-2006, 01:16 PM
History of Cinco De Mayo

http://bardscoliseum.com/images/smilies/thankyou.gif

http://noticias.aol.com/especiales/fifthofmay/galleries/historyoffifthofmay

Danielle
05-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Angelia, people always ask me if I know what I'm eating when I get Taco Bell. "No, but it tastes good and it hasn't killed me yet, so as long as it keeps tasting good and not killing me, I'm okay with that."
:roflhard: Good one, Cate! I :heart: Taco Bell too!

Now McDonald's food, that's another story! :shock:gross!

lisak
05-05-2006, 02:07 PM

:roflhard: I can't eat at either of those places because my stomach always ends up telling me that it's the devil! Why is it that you always crave stuff like that?!

skNYC
05-05-2006, 02:11 PM
My company cafeteria is serving a lot of Mexico food today. I think they should serve anything with mayo.

Danielle
05-05-2006, 02:13 PM

:roflhard: I can't eat at either of those places because my stomach always ends up telling me that it's the devil! Why is it that you always crave stuff like that?!
Probably cause it's not healthy for us to eat! :lol:

I found out about a reasearch thing a college class did on McDonalds - According to that study, McDonalds adds a little something extra to their hamburger "meat". bleh. ick. :shock:

Sara
05-05-2006, 03:47 PM
There is a Taco Time in Ames, Iowa! God, I wanna go home. I want a deep fried burrito...Instead we're going to an icky spaghetti supper to help send the Odyssey of the Mind kids to Ames. :verysad:

**tummy rumbles**

rebecca
05-05-2006, 03:49 PM
:D I had a crunch wrap for supper last night...gotta love Taco Bell, baby ;)

Danielle
05-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm having tacos for supper tonight...yum! :D

JessicaR
05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
I had Taco Bell for lunch to celebrate! I was going to make tacos for dinner as well but after my bad day I gave up on the idea.

Rhyannon1970
05-06-2006, 09:45 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Learn something new everyday!

Rhy :D