PDA

View Full Version : RAINBOW COLORED Denise Interchangeable Needles!

amy
05-05-2006, 01:39 PM
They're ready! I colored one of these sets for myself months ago, and promised to make them available for sale.

Please visit the new Knittinghelp Store (http://www.knittinghelp.com/dynamic/php/store/) to buy this Rainbow Denise (http://www.knittinghelp.com/dynamic/php/store/index.php?cPath=4) set, as well as other products. Thanks!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/colored-denise-needles-sm.jpg (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/images/forum-posts/colored-denise-needles-lg.jpg)
Click image to enlarge

horve1
05-05-2006, 02:17 PM
:inlove: Those are beautiful!!! I wish I didn't have a set. I'd buy them in a second.

Jan in CA
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Ooooooo purrrtttyy! :inlove: When I'm ready for a second set I know what I'm getting! :inlove:

rebecca
05-05-2006, 03:56 PM
:D Those are too cute, Amy!! I kinda wish Lonnie hadn't surprised me with my Denise set ;) U make me want another :D

Andrea
05-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I really want these but I'm afraid my DH would kill me!!! :shock:

*KnitPixie*
05-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey I am interested but I am afraid that if I don't like them ( you see I usually like metal) I won't be able to return them. I did that with the boye's.. I bought them, didn't think they were flexible enough for me (the cord annoys me) PLUS I'm not sure if the denises will feel like plastic or not to me :thinking: :shock:

Andrea
05-07-2006, 06:56 AM
KP, the Denises are AWESOME!! The cords on those babies are sooo flexible! You should definitely buy a set! :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
05-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh geeeeeze, those are just beautiful...:heart:

Time to start digging through the couch cushions & returning bottles for deposit. Gotta have me some of them!

Carol_OH
05-07-2006, 10:33 AM
YAY Amy!!!!!

sfavereau
05-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey I am interested but I am afraid that if I don't like them ( you see I usually like metal) I won't be able to return them. I did that with the boye's.. I bought them, didn't think they were flexible enough for me (the cord annoys me) PLUS I'm not sure if the denises will feel like plastic or not to me :thinking: :shock:

Can you try them out at your LYS?? Or can you go to a knitting group meeting? Someone is bound to have a set you can try.

amy
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Knitpixie, the Denise set has AMAZINGLY FLEXIBLE CABLES.

I own nearly every interchangeable set out there, and I am now officially recommending the Denise set over others, because I just find them SO much easier on the wrists, with their flexible cables. The extreme proof of the Denise's cable flexibility is that the 17" needle length on the Denise set is a total breeze to use, compared to the longer 20" length on other sets, which are all stiff and difficult to manipuate. That's how flexible the cables are. Plus, the Denise set is the only set that can go down to 17", which is a great, handy size, perfect for hats.

And KP, if you don't like them, you can return them, no sweat! As long as they're in new shape still, it's fine with me. ;)

Friskums
05-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Arg! Wish this had been up before I bought my second set.

Hmmm....I suppose I could give one of the other sets to someone else... :thinking: :lol:

SoapDoc
05-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Oh, Amy! Those are lovely!! When/if I ever go there, I am going with the colored ones for sure!! Great job!

mulene
05-08-2006, 07:31 PM
man, those are the bees knees!!!!! *drool* gosh... I need more paypackets and I have to think of a way to persuade myself its ok to get more needles ;)

*KnitPixie*
05-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Woohoo, my boyfriend and I talked it over and even though he previously said no more knitting needles, yarn or notions :rollseyes: He said he wouldn't get mad if I bought them :cheering: However he said if I don't like them I better be able to take them back :rofling: :roflhard: unlike last time. When I asssured him Amy said I could he was so pleased..Thanks Amy ..oh and I just ordered a set :happydance:

Andrea
05-09-2006, 06:39 AM
:cheering: KP!!! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-09-2006, 01:26 PM
congrats KnitPixie!

Sue Madelin
05-09-2006, 04:23 PM
No fair! :crying: I want pretty coloured Denises too! :heart: :heart:

Will you consider setting up a dyeing service for all us poor people who already have a set of boring old grey Denises? :D

They look fab! You are very, very clever!

Celine
05-10-2006, 04:08 AM
I do not as yet own a set of needles like this. But I will certainly keep them in mind if I decide to buy any. So pretty!! :XX: :XX:

amy
05-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Will you consider setting up a dyeing service for all us poor people who already have a set of boring old grey Denises? :D

Actually, I was considering it. But I've decided not to, because most of my profit is made from the sale of the new needles, not from the coloring improvement, so I'd have to charge more than would be reasonable for just coloring. It's a better deal for both of us if you do the following:

I recommend ordering a new set from me, and selling your other needles. You can do the color upgrade for a $20 cost to you.

Here's the cost outline:
Order from me for $64.95, that includes US or Canada shipping.
Sell your other needles, you can get $45 plus shipping for them on eBay, here's how: Sell the brand new needle case and cables I send you, with the Denise literature, just swap in your un-colored needles. Denise needle tips only improve with wear (unless you let your dog chew on them or something), so I think you can with good conscience sell that described as a brand new set, just clean those needle tips well.

It used to be that Denise needles sold as low as $39 on eBay, but no more. The Denise needle company is no longer selling wholesale needles to eBay stores who sell the kits below retail value, so you'll see that all the sets on eBay are selling for $49.95, unless it's a rare individual selling their single set. So you can be very competitive by listing your set for $45.

So then the colored needles have cost you $20, and that's better than I can do as a coloring service! Plus, you'll have supported KH, because I'll have made twice the profit than if I just colored the needles for you at that cost to you. ;)

Kirochka
05-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I can tell you two things: the Denises are gorgeous and they got here in lightning quick time! Thanks, Amy! :heart: :heart:

Lisa Kay
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I just ordered my Rainbow Denises! :happydance:

Now I just have to be patient enough for them to arrive...

Secksiebrat
05-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Doh these are beautiful! I wish I hadn't gotten those Boye's! Maybe one day I'll be able to get that set and have both sets! Are these something you plan to sell for a while or just until you sell out of them? Thanks!

~danielle~

Illinois Mom
05-18-2006, 08:55 AM
:cheering: Ordered mine today - happy belated mom's day to me!! DH didn't come through with the gifting thing so I just helped him out of the dog house!!!!!

Andrea
05-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I ordered mine on Monday, got them today :cheering: :cheering: I :heart: them!!!!!!! Thanks, Amy! :heart: :heart:

amy
05-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Hooray!!

Danielle, I plan on carrying them indefinitely, take your time. ;)

Andrea, I didn't even realize that was you! :doh: :blush: Thanks for ordering!

Howdovely
05-29-2006, 10:11 AM
I have been wanting to buy a whole set of needles for quite some time, and this just completely sent me over the edge! These needles are beautiful! Lot's of great comments about the Denise ones, so I'm pretty confident I will like them. The versatility of them is what had me leaning in that direction anyway, but BOY! When I saw them colored?????

WHOO HOO!! I'm placing an order!

Brenda

Renocat
06-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Just wondered if Denise needles will honor their warrenty with the added coloring?

Knitcrazy
06-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Oh Gosh... Like My Friend Calliope said.. " We just Gotta Have these" :)
I'll have to stop buying yarn for a while and save up for them :)

I have one set of denise but these are just too cute!!!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

amy
08-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Just wondered if Denise needles will honor their warrenty with the added coloring?

I sent a set to the Denise folks (who are delighted by the set, BTW!). They've confirmed that the needles retain their integrity in my coloring process, and are willing to honor their replacement warranty for broken or defective needles. However, if you have them send you a new needle, it will not be colored. If your needle has a rough spot, I recommend sanding it very gently with a very fine sandpaper (#400 or higher). The color will fade as you sand, so go lightly if you don't want a white spot.

As far as my own guarantee goes: my current policy is that I'll offer a full refund for any set that is in the new condition, or if you decide you'd rather have white needles, you can send me your colored needles and I'll send you a set of white ones.

amy
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Everyone, please note the "Important New Disclaimer" I've added to the first post of this thread.

For those who have ordered already, I am offering a refund if this raises concerns for you.

smeeks
08-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Hello everyone and Amy

I'm a brankd new knitter and started looking on the internet for more info and help. I found this site and am absolutely thrilled. I am looking at building my needle collection so I am excited to find these colorful cute needles here! I just ordered a set and am looking forward to getting them. I am hoping that with practise, I'll be able to create some cool knit-stuff!! :oops:

Andrea
08-10-2006, 05:27 PM
You will love them!!! :inlove: Congrats on the purchase!

tiny_miku
08-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Just got mine a couple days ago. It's lovely! I love it so much that I have to show it to my coworkers. I didn't get to try knitting with these needles yet, but hopefully I will soon. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, Amy. :muah:

ann in ma
09-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm brand new to knitting, (just a couple of weeks) and have 3 sets of bamboo straight needles. Would these be a good investment for me, since I'm just starting out? I've never used flexible needles or circular needles, but it seems that this would save me a lot of money ... what do you think? Should I try out flexible or circular needles first (even though I would probably be duplicating a purchase)?

Thanks,
Ann
newbie from MA

Julie
09-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Ann, I think most here would agree that interchangeables are a great investment! You almost always have the needle you need for any given project. :D

There is a thread on the different kind of interchangeable sets here:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2062

Each set has its own pros and cons. Hope that helps!

Sarahc409
09-12-2006, 04:19 PM
if anyone is interested in selling their used colorless/grey denise's i might be interested. i already own the boye set and would love to have the denise set but hubby will kill me if i pay full price for another set.

sarah

smeeks
11-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I've been using my Rainbow Colored Denise Kit for about 2 months now and I LOVE THEM :muah:

Everyone at my SnB loves them too - I have sent ordering info to my LYS to post in their newsletter since I get so many questions about where I got them.

I just ordered my second set today - I'm telling Hubby its an early Xmas Gift to myself!!

I can't wait! - Thanks Amy!!

BloomKitty
11-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I have a set of the plain, uncolored Denise needles, and I love them. I've found that I sometimes have so many projects on the needles that I still need more, and so when I saw the rainbow versions, well, gotta have them! Now will the new size 17 and 19 tips be available in colors at some point?

-Mary

amy
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Smeeks, that's so great!! Thanks for your second order, and for the publicity!
:muah:

Mary, I have no plan to offer the tips at this time. I appreciate your interest though, perhaps if I get enough requests.

meriellyn
11-20-2006, 09:20 PM
These are so cute. :) I just ordered the Options set from KP but I'd really like to get a set of Denises as well. I noticed the new disclaimer and have a question... I don't knit in extreme conditions but I'm warm bodied and find that my hands get pretty warm when I knit for a while. (For this reason, I have no idea what people are talking about when they say metal needles are "too cold.") Do you think my human-space-heater nature would be enough to cause color transfer? I've been eyeing these cute needles for a while but I'd hate to get them and not be able to use them because they'd stain my work. :(

smeeks
11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
meriellyn,

i haven't had any problems with color transfer at all!!!

madametj
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
:verysad: its too bad, i really want them, but 20 bucks extra just for some nice colors is not the kinda thing i usually do. if i get get them at all i'll probably get the pink ones, at least thats better then black and grey

Jan in CA
11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
:verysad: its too bad, i really want them, but 20 bucks extra just for some nice colors is not the kinda thing i usually do. if i get get them at all i'll probably get the pink ones, at least thats better then black and grey

Amy charges extra becauses it's a lot of work to color them. Get what you can afford. They all work the same. :wink: (I have gray and white)