PDA

View Full Version : Get-together at Stitches Midwest! NOW WITH PICTURES!!

Pages : [1] 2

KellyK
05-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey KHers!! We've been talking about this for ages, but thought we'd better make it official...

Amy has named Illinois The Center of the Knitting Universe :lol: . SO, we are hoping that LOTS of us can make it to Illinois for Stitches Midwest (http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=27).

The event takes place August 10-13. Even if we dont take classes, we can meet each other face-to-face, organize LYS crawls, and wander around the convention center en masse! Howie is thinking he might even host a potluck BBQ on Friday evening!

So, think about it...the time to WARN DHs, SOs and children is NOW! :mrgreen:

PS....if someone wants to do a little organizing and check into blocks of hotel rooms and/or discounted rates for same, this would be the time to volunteer! :heart:

mintdee
05-08-2006, 08:46 AM
:shock: I have resisted the temptation of planning to go but this makes it so hard. I wanna meet all you lovely people. :inlove:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 08:51 AM
You can fly dirt cheap on Southwest, Sandra! :thumbsup:

Please come!! :heart:

Kirochka
05-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I think it's a fabulous idea, and one that's been percolating in my head too... yeah, everyone, check out Southwest Airlines at southwest.com - it's amazing what some of their fares are (airtran.com might be a good place too - we've gotten good fares from Midway to Newark there).

I'm not planning on registering for any classes at Stitches - just visit the vendors and meet KH'ers is what I'm thinking... and thanks, Howie, for offering to host a BBQ!!! :cheering: :cheering:

mintdee
05-08-2006, 09:15 AM
:thinking: I think that my Aunt still works for Southwest now that you mention it. And TJ was asking what he could get me for my birthday. hmmm... I would not even mind bringing Sophia along break her in early :) Just stick her in the back pack and she will be happy and I can enjoy the fibre goodness. :thinking:

I will have a better chance of going if I ask for it as a gift and take the phia-meister.
Question though The flight would be going into Midway is that very far from the festivities?
off to plot... er ... plan

Angelia
05-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Maybe we can coordinate our flights, Sandra, and some angel will pick up both of us! :rofling:

I'm heading in Friday morning (noonish, actually) and leaving late Sunday afternoon.

Happy plot-- um, planning!

mintdee
05-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Where are you staying?

XbelovedXoneX
05-08-2006, 09:30 AM
I would love to go to this, but the DH and my 1st anniversary is August 12th! drats! :doh:

KellyK
05-08-2006, 09:49 AM
O'Hare is closer to Rosemont, but Midway is closer to my house. Midway is only 45 minutes from Rosemont, anyway, depending on traffic.

Angelia
05-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Where are you staying?

With Andrea at least one night--she may kick me to the curb! :rofling: Would you like to share a room close to the convention?

I would love to go to this, but the DH and my 1st anniversary is August 12th! drats! :doh:

:verysad: No way of celebrating earlier, huh? Too bad it's your first! I mean I'm happy for you...oh, you know what I mean! ;)

Andrea
05-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Where are you staying?

With Andrea at least one night--she may kick me to the curb! :rofling: Would you like to share a room close to the convention?
I would never!!!! ;)

:verysad: No way of celebrating earlier, huh? Too bad it's your first! I mean I'm happy for you...oh, you know what I mean! ;)
:roflhard:

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 10:51 AM
If I could afford a hotel room OR it were closer to home, I would go. :verysad: I just can't see using that as my one vacation type weekend all summer, when I know I could go to the beach for a week for cheaper. I'm sorry. :(

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Cate you can stay with me! As long as you don't mind clutter and cat hair!

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Aww, thanks, Hilde!
I'll see what I can do. I will tell my boss I need to not work those days when I give her my summer schedule, so as long as everyone doesn't want those days off (I'm the low person on the vacation totem pole, since I'm pretty much only there to fill in everyone else's days off), I should get them. :cheering:
Mapquest says it's 12 hours from Annapolis to Rosemont. I could drive 12 hours in a day, so it's possible. I hate flying, so I would much rather drive if I can, even 24 hours worth round trip.

Angelia
05-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Sounds like a go, Cate!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
05-08-2006, 12:13 PM
:D Sounds like TOO MUCH FUN!! Wish it were closer to me :( Ya'll just have to take GREAT photos ;)

lisak
05-08-2006, 12:41 PM
That would be so fun! But DH and I have already planned a trip to visit the in-laws (his parents) in TX. Bummer. However, there is an awesome LYS in Plano that will help me cope!

Angelia
05-08-2006, 03:30 PM
That would be so fun! But DH and I have already planned a trip to visit the in-laws (his parents) in TX. Bummer. However, there is an awesome LYS in Plano that will help me cope!

There ya go!! :heart: :heart:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Cate, I've made that round trip drive 17 times and counting... you will be wiped out the next day, I promise!!!! Seriously seriously consider flying... 12 hours (if there's no traffic or construction which there will be) in an ***-numbing car is MUCH worse than a 2 hour plan ride wher eyou can knit, even if it costs three times as money as the tolls and 3 tanks of gas.

KellyK
05-08-2006, 04:05 PM
For the price of 3 tanks of gas, you COULD fly round-trip! :rollseyes:

wildforyarn
05-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I can't gooo! One of my closest friends is getting married that weekend! :( Sad that I can't go, but really, really happy for her getting married! :happydance: It has been a long time coming!

KellyK
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Sara....when will we EVER get to meet you??? :(

Angelia
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
For the price of 3 tanks of gas, you COULD fly round-trip! :rollseyes:

The cost of gas and the ***-numbing drive are the reasons I'm flying. I love singing in my car...but not for the 12 hours it would take to get to Chicago. Besides, the quicker you get there, the more time you'd have to spend with US!!! :heart: :heart:

wildforyarn
05-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Kelly, I know!!! I was telling Hildie that she should come up to Madison and meet me sometime if she is in the mood. You are welcome too. But if a bunch want to come, we will have to set something big up. I only have two spare beds. :) You are not even that far!!!! I'm sad! I wanted to go to Stitches really badly, but then my friend Jen had to go and get engaged and pick the same weekend. How dare she? Doesn't she know how important this was to me to go??? :rofling:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Some friend... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: She should have eloped! :rofling:

Is it too far for you to drive down just for a day? Or are you a big part of the wedding and have to be around for rehearsals and stuff?

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 06:46 PM
True. I don't know. I can do eight hours and still go out that night, but I've never tried 12. I can also do 16 hours over two days and not have a problem. But I get cranky around hour 7 or so, so maybe I'll look into flying. I just hate it so much.

mintdee
05-08-2006, 08:23 PM
I hear ya Cate. I HATE flying. When I flew to Cancun with dh I gripped the arms of the chair so tight that my knuckles turned white. The stewardess came up to me in the middle of the flight and told me that I wasn't holding up the plane that I could let go. After I got up to leave both the pilot and stewardess gave me a big hug (apparently they had been talking about me :oops: ) :roflhard:

Even with all that I am trying to talk DH into letting me go. SO... (like that little hint? hehehe)

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
It's like the time I got an MRI for my leg and I was in the tube up to my chin and I started having a panic attack. The technician looked at me like I was stupid and asked what was wrong. When I said being confined made me nervous, he gave me an even worse look and said, "well, so, close your eyes!" :mad:

Angelia
05-08-2006, 09:07 PM
:evil: Not a very nice man!

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 09:18 PM
He just didn't get it.
:roflhard: I'm starting to find my life is full of people who just don't get it. No wonder I'm so angry all the time. :rollseyes:

KellyK
05-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Has nothing to do with not getting it.....people dont NEED to understand what you are going through, they just need to acknowledge that other people go through things that they dont understand....and try to empathize! I HATE people with no compassion.

wildforyarn
05-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Oh my gosh Kelly, I just saw your new avatar. That's you as a little girl, isn't it??

The wedding is more north of Chicago than I already am, so no, it is too far for me to drive for the day. :(

Angelia
05-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Well phooey, Sara! :(

And yes, it's the total lack of compassion or empathy that irritates me too. :mad:

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 11:58 PM
I got an email from my boss asking about my summer schedule. I told her the only thing I really wanted off was August 9th to 13th if possible. I think it might be early enough that I can get it. :cheering:
Now I have to remember to save money. :shock:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 12:05 AM
Oooh, that's hopeful news, Cate! :happydance: :happydance: And you can save the money--living with dad and eating Ramen, right? Chi-ching!

brendajos
05-09-2006, 12:44 AM
okay....i have been bouncing around on websites trying to find a hotel that is decent and reasonably priced. The problem is that I can't figure out where the event is and what hotels are close. Do you people who live in the area have any ideas of what is around there?

I don't know if I can go cuz I have a convention the next weekend that I have to be at....(why do I volunteer for these things?!) but i reeeeeally wanna see if i can make it happen. just hafta figure out what kind of money I am looking at! :thinking:

KellyK
05-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Rosemont is northwest of Chicago, very near Ohare airport. It is on River Road, just south of I90/94. Within walking distance of the Rosemont "El" station. There are a couple hotels (I cant remember names) just NORTH of 90/94.

Click here and choose "see these properties on a map".... (http://www.hotels.com/processSearch.do?allPropertyTypesSelected=true&destination=usertyped&usertypedcity=rosemont%2C+IL&inout=&CIMonth=-1&CIDay=-1&CIYear=2006&COMonth=-1&CODay=-1&COYear=2006&numrooms=1&adults%5B0%5D=2&child%5B0%5D=0)

mintdee
05-09-2006, 09:27 AM
:roflhard: KK you sound like a professional.

I talked to DH last night and he didn't say NO. just hmmm I don't know. So that is better than flat out no. need to find out more about cost as well.

Angelia I just saw your response to my where are you going to stay question and thought that I would let you know that I will more than likely have Sophia with me and she still nurses occasionally, particulary at night So if we were to share a room you would probably get flashed :shock: :roflhard: If I could talk hubby into letting me leave Sophia at home that would be so fun! Just like a sleepover! :D

KellyK
05-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah! DH can nurse her! :rofling:

mintdee
05-09-2006, 10:17 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: OMG
That would be gross and funny all at the same time! :doh: :roflhard:

brendajos
05-09-2006, 10:20 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: OMG
That would be gross and funny all at the same time! :doh: :roflhard:

:shock: No kiddin'! And imagine the look on that bebe's face if he were to try... :?? :rofling:

mintdee
05-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh man :roflhard: :roflhard: I can totally picture Sophia giving Tim that "your kidding, right? " look! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Oh oh, it will be even funnier if he has a hairy chest--does he?

Sandra, if you do end up bringing Phia-cutie-face, and we do share a room, I'll just tend to my knittin' and not pay attention to a flash ;)

Andrea
05-09-2006, 02:49 PM
and we do share a room
:verysad: Thought you were staying with meeeee

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Let's all stay at Andrea's house! :cheering: :twisted:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 04:31 PM
and we do share a room
:verysad: Thought you were staying with meeeee

I am, but do you want me there the whole time? (Not trying to pressure you--just checking your tolerance-of-Angelia level!)

And yes, Cate, I think we should all stay with Andrea...Kelly wants a sleepover, too!

mintdee
05-09-2006, 06:04 PM
:happydance: Everybody invite themselves over to KKs and Andrea's BIG sleepover! :roflhard:

ANg (He does have a really hairy chest :shock: ) :roflhard:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 07:30 PM
:happydance: Everybody invite themselves over to KKs and Andrea's BIG sleepover! :roflhard:

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

ANg (He does have a really hairy chest :shock: ) :roflhard:

:shock:

I'd pay money to see a photo of him trying to nurse Phia...

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

mintdee
05-09-2006, 07:54 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: That is so gross. Yet I can not. stop. laughing. :roflhard: Aahhhh the visual!

Poor Phia :D

Angelia
05-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Phia: "What...what is this HAIR? Hair in my milk? Wait! You're not mommy!"

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-09-2006, 08:09 PM
ANYWAY, back to the Stitches thing.... Sheesh, all you guys ever talk about is boobs!!! :rollseyes:

DH has just informed me that he thinks that's the only weekend he can get off from work before school starts :-( sooooo i might not be able to go.... please don't hate me... I really want to go on vacation this summer ....... and if dumbass, i mean DH didnt' take of fwork for stupid stuff like the opening of Spiderman 2 during the school year he'd have more time to take which means he could schedule it at a different time.

mintdee
05-09-2006, 08:21 PM
ANYWAY, back to the Stitches thing.... Sheesh, all you guys ever talk about is boobs!!! :rollseyes:

:roflhard: That was the funniest part of the whole Boobie conversation!

DH has just informed me that he thinks that's the only weekend he can get off from work before school starts :-( sooooo i might not be able to go.... please don't hate me... I really want to go on vacation this summer ....... and if dumbass, i mean DH didnt' take of fwork for stupid stuff like the opening of Spiderman 2 during the school year he'd have more time to take which means he could schedule it at a different time.
Nooooo poopy. ROAD TRIP! :thumbsup:

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Noooooooooooooooo, Hilde! If I go, you have to go! Who else am I gonna stay with?! :verysad:

KellyK
05-09-2006, 09:02 PM
:mad: HILLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!
Cant you make it for ONE of the days????
:verysad:
(You'd BETTER make it on the 20th, my friend!)

And, I meant that we should all have a big sleepover at ANDREAS HOUSE! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

DH gets crabby when a bunch of knitters wake him up in the morning after he worked late the night before. :rollseyes:

But, I can have ONE person stay....Cate? If Hildie doesnt go?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
FALSE ALARM!!!!

I just talked to him on the phone... he's taking off the weekend before! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :cheering: I can go! cate can still live with me!!!!!!!!! We won't wake up Al!

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 10:37 PM
YAY! :cheering:
I should know if I can go for sure in a couple of weeks. I have to make sure I don't get scheduled then. :rollseyes: Oh, and make sure my dad is okay with me traveling 12 hours away for three days. I don't think he'll say much, except to make fun of me because it's for KNITTING. :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-09-2006, 10:56 PM
if you FLY it won't be 12 hours!!!!

Angelia
05-09-2006, 11:01 PM
if you FLY it won't be 12 hours!!!!

:thumbsup:

gardenmommy
05-09-2006, 11:07 PM
KellyK mentioned the El...I could get myself to Union Station via Amtrak easily enough, then take the Blue Line out there.

It would be such fun to get there, although I don't know I'd be able to get away. I'm hoping to get to Omaha to visit a friend in the middle of June, and I haven't even told DH yet!

Angelia
05-09-2006, 11:11 PM
But, but, it's STITCHES! You must come!! :heart: :heart:

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, but I don't know if I can afford to fly, anyway. :shock:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Try Southwest.com (http://www.southwest.com)

CateKnits
05-10-2006, 12:00 AM
It looks like, using Southwest, it would cost me approximately a week's pay to fly. I think that's totally doable...If I can make myself get on a plane. :|
I'm having a hard time understanding price info for Stitches, though. What if I don't want to take any classes? What if I'm really THAT cheap? :rofling:

Angelia
05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
I AM that cheap--I'm not taking any classes. I'd like to, but I'd rather use money for yarn and tasty foodstuffs! :heart:

brendajos
05-10-2006, 12:06 AM
It looks like, using Southwest, it would cost me approximately a week's pay to fly. I think that's totally doable...If I can make myself get on a plane. :|
I'm having a hard time understanding price info for Stitches, though. What if I don't want to take any classes? What if I'm really THAT cheap? :rofling:

i believe a pass for all three days was something like $18.

CateKnits
05-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks, Brenda!

brendajos
05-10-2006, 01:15 AM
soooooooooo here's my question at the moment. are all the people who are going looking at hotel rooms or staying at someone's house? If hotel rooms has anybody looked at hotels yet?

Andrea
05-10-2006, 04:39 AM
Oh I think DH would love a SLEEPOVER!! :cheering: (He's a guy, which guy wouldn't!)

I can see it now, we'll be rowdy and screaming and he'll yell from downstairs "QUIET DOWN UP THERE!! I'M TRYING TO GET SOME SLEEP!!" :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

catownedanna
05-10-2006, 05:17 AM
Wow, this sounds like fun! So many interesting classes! And soooo many great people to meet! And I have no plans for that weekend in August! :D

But hey... What was that? :?? *reads the small print* It's in the US...

Bummer... :(

Anyone want to help out with an airfare? I think the ticket goes for something like US$900... :(

KellyK
05-10-2006, 08:25 AM
:( Anna :heart:

Angelia
05-10-2006, 08:41 AM
$900? Eek! :(

catownedanna
05-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Yepp, something like $900... :( I'd love to see you guys but I couldn't justify spending that much money flying to the US for a weekend! :D

sara_jayne
05-10-2006, 09:28 AM
:?? So, I'm confused. What is the regstraion fee for - the $500 one? Is there a cheap way to get in to visit the yummy yarn only and hang out? If so I might be able to make this doable!

brendajos
05-10-2006, 09:49 AM
the $500 is for back to back non stop classes and banquets and all that. if you just want to shop you can get a 1, 2, or 3 day pass for $16 or less (i was just looking at my book so i revise my original answer to that question!...lol)

so the event itself could be pretty cheap if you don't want to take classes.

I am still curious about hotels. I was thinking that if a bunch of us were staying in a hotel it would be more fun if it was the SAME hotel but i can't figure out what y'all are doing. (of course this is contingent on whether or not i can convince myself it is okay to take off two Fridays in a row at both my jobs...lol)

Angelia
05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
But of course you can take off two Fridays in a row...I mean, Stitches only happens once a year, so it's special, so it really doesn't count! :heart:

dustinac
05-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I am still curious about hotels. I was thinking that if a bunch of us were staying in a hotel it would be more fun if it was the SAME hotel but i can't figure out what y'all are doing. (of course this is contingent on whether or not i can convince myself it is okay to take off two Fridays in a row at both my jobs...lol)

I'd stay at the same one if I was going we could P-A-R-T-Y!!!!!
:thumbsup:

The event sounds like a blast can't wait to read and see the photos from it :D

sara_jayne
05-10-2006, 10:59 AM
:doh: Okay, I was getting all excited because since it wasn't going to be mega expensive so I was going to talk to DH. Then I looked at the Calendar.

We are road tripping to Rochester NY the weekend before and will be getting back home on the 13th. So, I won't be able to go. I will be in the great state of IL on the 13th and I'll be sure to wave to everyone!!

CarmenIbanez
05-10-2006, 11:10 AM
Well, I am going to see what I can do about coming. I have a two week trip to Canada this summer. And my mom and I are taking my sister back east for college at some point in August. But if Southwest is cheap, I might be able to make a go of it.

KellyK
05-12-2006, 08:50 AM
:( SaraJayne! :(

Carmen...I hope you can come!

I was wondering myself if any of those hotels would offer a small block of rooms at a discount... :thinking:

Angelia
05-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Oooh, that would be nice, wouldn't it? Can regular people book rooms like that?

CarmenIbanez
05-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Oooh, that would be nice, wouldn't it? Can regular people book rooms like that?

Yes, anyone can call a hotel and ask for a group rate. Usually you have to guarantee a certain number of people. I would say, 5-8 rooms probably, to get a decent discount.

Did you say it was in Chicago?

Angelia
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
Rosemont, to be exact...

brendajos
05-12-2006, 12:42 PM
honestly i think it would probably be better if someone in the area at least did the scouting around for a decent hotel. obviously y'all probably wouldn't need to or want to stay there but it is hard to tell how decent a hotel is online...and proximity to events of course, though that isn't quite as important to me as long as it is within a few miles.

Angelia
05-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Bren, your location.... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

brendajos
05-12-2006, 01:27 PM
:angelgrin:

Mer
05-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey, I'll be up in the 'burbs that weekend! The only issue is that we'll be there for a family reunion, so I'd probably only be free Sunday afternoon after everyone leaves. Of course, the reunion location isn't 100% certain, but I'm excited that I may be able to meet some of you! Hooray! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Cool Mer!

Since I haven't been to a Stitches event, I have a question about how much this costs. On the website, there's a "Market Sessions" fee of $35 buck, which doesn't include the price of Market Admission....

:?? So we pay 35 to register and then it still costs money to get in? :??

*ET Fix Typos (ETFT?)

Andrea
05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
I went to the Market ONLY last year and I think it was less than $10 to enter...in addition to parking.

Kirochka
05-15-2006, 09:33 AM
The brochure I got says something like $8 to get into the Market. "Market Sessions" are something else, but looking at the website (http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=27) I can't find out what - they don't make things easy on that site...

Angelia
05-15-2006, 09:44 AM
It's very confusing! Someone posted about an $18 weekend pass, but I can't find that info at all.

brendajos
05-15-2006, 09:49 AM
well that was me but I guess I didn't realize that market sessions were something different. What are market sessions then? :??

Kirochka
05-15-2006, 09:58 AM
No idea! And the website is no help at all. Plus, I thought I read somewhere that it was at the Hyatt, and not the Convention Center after all, but now I don't know (I'd kind of like to avoid Rosemont all together, what with its thug mayor - the one the Convention Center's named after. Yes, it has a center named after its CURRENT mayor. :shock: Sigh).

Angelia
05-15-2006, 10:10 AM
After its current mayor? Sheesh! Why doesn't he just rename the town, too? :rollseyes:

Kirochka
05-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm sure he would if he could. If you google the terms Donald Stephens Mob you can get just a taste of Rosemont. ICK doesn't being to cover it...

brendajos
05-15-2006, 01:25 PM
Okay so I called to verify market prices. If we want to go to market (much like "this little piggy....") the cost for one day is $8, two days is $12, and three days is $16. Market Sessions is some class that they are offering but she didn't have any information about what that meant. she said it was short snippets that are based on other classes that they are giving and they are held in the market area. She said that class wasn't set yet and was pretty vague about it.

so if you want to shop all three days it is $16.

Andrea
05-15-2006, 01:46 PM
No idea! And the website is no help at all. Plus, I thought I read somewhere that it was at the Hyatt, and not the Convention Center after all, but now I don't know (I'd kind of like to avoid Rosemont all together, what with its thug mayor - the one the Convention Center's named after. Yes, it has a center named after its CURRENT mayor. :shock: Sigh).
It is at the Convention Center, however, they may be calling it the Hyatt because it's connected to it via the pedestrian walkway (and that's where the parking garage is... :thinking: )

brendajos
05-15-2006, 01:49 PM
well and the block of rooms they have reserved are at the hyatt....

KnittingStardust
05-15-2006, 11:43 PM
I will be bopping down (driving) from Detroit :)
I can't wait to meet all of you!! :heart:

jamadian75
05-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Yepp, something like $900... :( I'd love to see you guys but I couldn't justify spending that much money flying to the US for a weekend! :D

Have you thought about bidding through www.priceline.com or www.hotwire.com

I once got a ticket to the UK for $200US round trip that way. The downside is that you can't pick exact flight times, so you'd have to plan to show up a day before the event.

Just my 2 cents

jamadian75
05-16-2006, 01:07 PM
I travel and work from home, but my company's HQ is in Bannockburn, IL - about 20 minutes North of the Rosemont area.

I am going to plan my monthly visit to HQ for this week, and if it works out and I don't have to be in some other city, I will make every effort to meet up with you guys!!

I'll keep checking here for the latest - WHEEEEEEEEE!!!

ok - i'm going to try REALLY hard not to get my hopes up (ha!)

Angelia
05-17-2006, 08:14 AM
I hope you can make it! :heart:

caviar
05-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey, I just got done with a workshop by Beth Brown Reinsel, and it was really great. She's a great teacher, very patient, and gave a lot of information that will help me (as a knitter who is not a beginner, but who has holes in her intermediate-level skills). I'd recommend it for anyone remotely interested in the techniques she's doing at Stitches Midwest. For instance, I am not huge into Aran, but this workshop today on gansey construction will carry over into many types of sweaters I may make. Especially good if you are interested in design, but don't have patience for reading up on the subject. Have fun, all you lucky ducks who live within driving distances of Chicago!

Kirstin

WynnieG
05-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Hrm. :thinking:

Y'know, my birthday is the last day of Stitches Midwest.... and DH and I have a friend who lives in Chicago, whom we could stay with... and MIL will be retired by then, perhaps she (or our next-door neighbors) could look after the Potato...and my DH would totally sympathize with my need to go to this, after all it's basically just GenCon for knitters...

Where is the website for this again??

Angelia
05-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Oooh, yes, you should come!!! :happydance: Here's (http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=27) the link.

jamadian75
05-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Ok - I know I said I wasn't going to get my hopes up (riiiiiight), but it turns out that I'll be at a conference for work from Aug 7-10 in NY , then I'm going to attempt to fly to Chicago (spinning this nicely into a visit to HQ in Bannockburn, IL). In between, I'll try to stay with a friend so I can go to Stitches, then just head to HQ when the following work week starts.

If the airline tickets end up on company dime...I shudder to think what kind of glee-inspired shopping I may have to do. :cheering: :lol:

Thanks Kirstin for the tip on the workshop and Wynnie, sounds to me like you're 1/2 way there already! :thumbsup:

KellyK
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
OMG We're gonna have such a big, FUN group here!!! :cheering:

Angelia
05-22-2006, 08:06 AM
This gets more exciting by the day!!!

We need KH tees, pins, or something so that we can identify each other. How about we all knit wee kercheifs? :rofling:

DotMom61
05-22-2006, 09:10 AM
So, if I were able to take a day to go to this, what day do you all think would be best? Saturday?

Angelia
05-22-2006, 09:29 AM
For Stitches, probably so. Howie's having a BBQ Friday, I think, though you'll have to get specifics on that from him... :rofling:

DotMom61
05-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Oh, he'll tell me *anything* as long as I have DD along to give him a massage. :thumbsup:

WynnieG
05-22-2006, 12:11 PM
This gets more exciting by the day!!!

We need KH tees, pins, or something so that we can identify each other. How about we all knit wee kercheifs? :rofling:

A few months back someone here (a regular, iirc) posted that they had knitted a red kerchief for their head. The knitter's daughter had queried her on it, and she said it was for her "knitting gang". The pattern was included in the post - unfortunately, I can't remember who posted it to find the thing. Keyword searches are not panning out for me at the moment. :(

Anyway, I think KHers should knit that and wear it as their identifier... maybe with some of KK's knitted nipples? :roflhard: :roflhard:

Whatever we end up doing, it ought to be easily identifiable in a crowd, yet just crazy enough to set us apart from the other flocks of online knitters who will doubtless be descending on the show. Whether you want to go as crazy as the Attila-the-Drag-Queen hat I sported post-Noho gathering, is up to every knitter's personal discretion, of course... :lol:

mintdee
05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Just got a call from hubby. His boss is sending him out of town that weekend :crying: I am never going to make it out there! Have fun everybody! :heart:

Angelia
05-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Someone did knit a kerchief? Wow--I was making that up! We should have something so that we can spot each other from across a crowded convention center... :thinking:

Just got a call from hubby. His boss is sending him out of town that weekend :crying: I am never going to make it out there! Have fun everybody! :heart:

brendajos
05-22-2006, 04:45 PM
yeah i think i have fully decided that I can not come either. the option is still open at this point but i have recently decided that I want to buy a house (poor Dustina if she is reading the e-mails has to be going crazy from hearing me talk of it!) within the next year and i think i will put the money i would spend on the trip away for that.

the good news is that i still have my trip to Grand Island Nebraska the following week to look forward to! ( :rollseyes: )

but the reeeeeeeeal good news is that since it would be all my own house i could have a CRAFT ROOM! (which will be cleverly disguised as a YARN ROOM!) :cheering:

jamadian75
05-22-2006, 07:57 PM
We should have something so that we can spot each other from across a crowded convention center... :thinking:

This is a GREAT idea - and if someone will make an executive decision as to what we're knitting (perhaps start a Stitches MW KAL??), I'll need to get started on this now, cuz the way my triage is filling up, I'd have a hard time meeting a deadline for a 4" swatch at this point. :rollseyes:

Brendajos how exciting!! :cheering: But we will surely miss you and mintdee too!

CateKnits
05-22-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm now in major debt to my dad for the use of his credit card to buy a camera, so I don't know if I'll be going. If I don't spend any money until then and I don't take riding lessons over the summer, I might be able to go. I'll keep you guys updated. If not, you should allllll come to Stitches EAST in November because I will be there for sure! :D :cheering:

KellyK
05-23-2006, 07:56 AM
As Im sitting here reading this thread, Im letting out an audible "AWWW!" every time someone says they cant go. :(

Jul....hope you can come to the BBQ Friday night and bring the young'uns to entertain the pooches.

Maybe we have time to get Amy on some KH T-shirts before August?? Otherwise, Im gonna suggest KH buttons....we all have talent enough to trot over to Michaels and get the supplies for those, no? Im not a kercheif kind of gurl. :|

WynnieG
05-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Then you should probably stick to wearing your tiara, KK! :thumbsup:

More bad news here. I will probably not be able to make it. Hubby can't get the time off thanks to coworkers in his dept. already calling the week, and my summer project sched is in limbo right now thanks to bloody FEMA. Ghah.

Anyone thinking of going to Stitches East in early November? :??

(p.s. - I *will* get out to IL, it's just a question of time.)

CateKnits
05-23-2006, 11:56 AM
Anyone thinking of going to Stitches East in early November? :??

*raises hand* Oh! Oh! Pick me! Pick me! :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-23-2006, 09:24 PM
KK, I think you'd look smashing in a kercheif! Maybe a KH Kercheif KAL could be the July Monthly challenge? :thinking: Or we could wear buttons. Amy could get more publicity with T-Shirts, but she might not have time to get them designed, made, ordered and sent to us by then.... (unless this turns into something else for KK to organize! :-) )

Ingrid
05-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Maybe you could all wear knitted pasties. It would fit with the underlying 'theme' around here. :rofling:

Or if you don't want to be totally humiliated, all wear clogs!! I'm sure Kelly could whip up a few extra. ;)

brendajos
05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
and willlllllllllllllllie warmers for the boys! I might go if that happens! :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Or if you don't want to be totally humiliated, all wear clogs!! I'm sure Kelly could whip up a few extra. ;)

hahahah! Yeah, KK, get on that! And get on those Willie Warmers, too, you've got experience with that pettern too, hmmm?

KellyK
05-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I told ya....Im DONE organizing for the year! :fingerwag:

And, Ingy.... whaddaya mean "you all could wear..." ??? Is there ANY chance you could come??? :(

Angelia
05-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Please, Ingy, please! :pray:

Ingrid
05-24-2006, 11:03 AM
My daughter has put an offer on a house in North Carolina, so I'm sure I'll have to go down there if she gets it. I've yet to visit my son in Cape Cod. I don't think I could justify flying out to Chicago. :(

Angelia
05-24-2006, 12:08 PM
We can help you do that--we can justify anything! :thumbsup:

Kirochka
05-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Pssst... sale on Air Tran (http://www.airtran.com/sale/MDW.aspx?saleID=237&CMP=EMC-netescapes&ATT=HTML0) right now... $69 each way between Newark and Midway... buy by 1 June...

;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-24-2006, 01:53 PM
WOW that is super cheap!!!!

Kirochka
05-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, you East-Coasters-Within-Driving-Distance-of-EWR!!!

(New Englanders, keep your eyes on Hartford and Providence at southwest.com - sometimes good fares out of there to Midway, too...)

margie
05-26-2006, 12:38 PM
OH MY GOODNESS---------------- :shock:

My DDDDDDDH was talking about a woolfest thing that he heard about that is in Sept.- in Ohio- he said "You should go, and see if you can get anyone from KH to go with you!"- I told him about Stitches Midwest, and he said......

GO!!!!!!!!!!A!A!A!!111111111

Can you believe it? The only thing that he expressed concern about was where I would stay-------------I think he'd rather think of me with someone else, rather than by myself in a hotel...............

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I didn't even read this thread before, figuring there was no reason to, since I would never be able to go!!! So, rather than go back and read all of it- is anyone looking to share a room with someone? Anyone willing to put a poor-out-of-town Pennsylvanian up for the weekend? :rofling:

Did I say I was excited yet???????? :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Jan in CA
05-26-2006, 09:50 PM
DH and I were talking about knitting stuff and I mentioned Stitches Midwest and how you all were gathering and he said if I ever wanted to go I should go! :shock: This year's not good, but maybe next! :cheering:

Angelia
05-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Oh Margie, I am sooooo excited for you! And excited that I get to meet you!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Jan, Jan, oh why isn't this year good?!

Jan in CA
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM

My daughter is in Sacramento and we'll be driving up there to pick her up about that time. She'll only have a short time with us before she heads back to MI for her last year of grad school. :(

Angelia
05-30-2006, 07:58 AM

My daughter is in Sacramento and we'll be driving up there to pick her up about that time. She'll only have a short time with us before she heads back to MI for her last year of grad school. :(

Oh, I see. I guess that's a good reason.... :rofling: Is she the baby?

Jan in CA
05-30-2006, 12:48 PM

Oh, I see. I guess that's a good reason.... :rofling: Is she the baby?

No, she's not the baby. but I often only get to see her a couple times of year so I take advantage of when I can. Next year will be super busy for her. Besides her own classes she's a GSI and she was chosen to go to South Africa for 3 weeks during the winter.

brendajos
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
well that will be exciting for her. what is a GSI?

Angelia
05-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh, I forgot about that trip to S.A.! How exciting! (And kinda skeery! :shock: )

DotMom61
06-06-2006, 10:17 AM
This is all so exciting!!!

May I suggest that we get a roll call going? That might help if any of you want to get hotel rooms as a block or as roomies or if anyone wants to volunteer their guest room.

And, no, I'm not volunteering to organize anything here ... just offering a suggestion. :lol:

BTW ... I saw on another web site somewhere that people met up like this & each of them knit a little bitty sweater that had the website logo on it. I believe they wore them like pins so they could identify each other. If only I could remember where that was ... :??

Angelia
06-06-2006, 10:27 AM
:happydance: That sounds like a great idea! We need Ingy's itty bitty sweater pattern! (The one she used for the Amy project)

margie
06-06-2006, 12:18 PM
I think that the roll call idea is a great one!! I am so excited to be able to come out to ILL and meet everyone!! I, for one, really would like to either room up with someone, or at least stay in the same hotel as someone else who is going. The thought of staying by myself and trying to navigate my way around by myself is a bit intimidating. I know I sound like such a baby, but I've never traveled by myself before! :oops:

I can't wait until Stitches! :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Uhmmmmmm that mini sweater is kind of complicated... or more complicated than I have time for. Can we do a felted flower or something? Didn't we say something about kercheifs a bit ago???

Julie
06-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Or Kelly could knit us all matching pasties?? :rofling:

Kirochka
06-08-2006, 03:19 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Oh my God, I'm glad I finished my tea before I read that!!!

On second thoughts... :shock: :shock: You would NOT want to see me in those!!!

Julie
06-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Uh, me either :shock: I just couldn't resist :rofling:

jamadian75
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Uhmmmmmm that mini sweater is kind of complicated... or more complicated than I have time for. Can we do a felted flower or something? Didn't we say something about kercheifs a bit ago???

I like the felted flower idea - maybe in the KH logo colors?
shoot, I think I'll make one of the anyhoo

Jeep_Girl
06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I should see if I can go... I'll check it out. I will admit that I didn't read all of these pages.... what are the deals on hotels and stuff, gals?

Mer
06-10-2006, 07:32 PM
So I will be in the area that weekend--any plans for specific days/times? We're having a family reunion so I'm going to have to see if I can arrange to get away for a bit. ;)

Angelia
06-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Oooh, Lisa and Mer!! Wonderful!

I'm not sure about any planned meet-ups. I'm guessing the Chicago folk will schedule those since they know better where to meet. :thinking:

Andrea
06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I think tentatively we're planning a BBQ at KK's house on Friday and the Stitches Market on Saturday!! Probably Sunday too for some folks! I'm forcing Angelia on a bar crawl probably Saturday night, but all are welcome! :cheering:

:cheering:

Angelia
06-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah, Howie's having a BBQ on Friday! How could I forget! :doh: And aren't the Howie/Pee Nut nuptials that night as well? :??

I'm forcing Angelia on a bar crawl probably Saturday night, but all are welcome! :cheering: :cheering:

:shock: You are?! I deed not noo aboot zis bar crawl!

Andrea
06-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Well, I thought it was obvious since I'm off that night!! (Although I usually just go to one..)

We could hit the bars of ALGONQUIN!! (We'll be safe---I have connections ;) )

The nuptials are planned for that Friday, yes. However, Peanut does not have a dress!

Angelia
06-11-2006, 08:31 AM
It wasn't obvious, no, but a bar crawl is fine with me! And since you have 'connections', then no worries! ;)

No dress for Peanut, hmmm? Does Howie have a suit? Or even a tie? Should they get married au naturel (aka nekkid)?

margie
06-11-2006, 10:06 AM
I could be up for a bar crawl.................... ;)

People have posted about the hotel situation- I do not know where I will be staying, but I really would like to either stay with someone or at least in the same hotel as someone, so that I don't have to try to figure out how to get around by myself. If anyone wants to try to figure it out with me, just let me know!! :thumbsup:

jamadian75
06-11-2006, 06:58 PM
How about this pattern (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/ProjectPrint?width=80&pid=e03860) for a felted flower that we could all wear to ID one another in Rosemont.

We could either make them in the same colors, or be more flexible by making them in different colors but wearing them in the same spot on our bodies (I like this as a choker trim or as a brooch).

Angelia
06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Ooh, that looks simple enough! And very pretty! :thumbsup:

KellyK
06-17-2006, 12:47 PM
OMGosh! I forgot to tell you all! I talked with DH about the BBQ on the way up to Galena... he's ALL FOR IT! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

So, yes.... Friday. I may just have to take the day off work. I was thinking that the Illinoisians can make it a "pot luck" kind of thing... And, if DH is home (I think he will be), he can grill us up some yumminess. Ill provide beverages of all sorts.

SO - who do we have now?

Me
Andrea
Angelia
Hildie
Dotmom (feel free to bring the younguns)
Margie
Julie (your younguns, too!)
Mer? (please bring your haid)
JeepGirl Lisa?

Saturday Stitches Market and Bar Crawl sounds AWESOME! :cheering: I've already warned DH that I may be away for much of that weekend.

Angelia
06-17-2006, 02:40 PM
OMGosh! I forgot to tell you all! I talked with DH about the BBQ on the way up to Galena... he's ALL FOR IT!

Woo Hoo!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Asking on the way back might have been better...you might have gotten other concessions from him! :eyebrow:

Mer? (please bring your haid)

Saturday Stitches Market and Bar Crawl sounds AWESOME! :cheering: I've already warned DH that I may be away for much of that weekend.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

KellyK
06-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Asking on the way back might have been better...you might have gotten other concessions from him! :eyebrow:

He was in SUCH a good mood for ALL of that weekend.... I dont think I could've done much better than the GREAT guh-nap, approval for BBQ an encouragement of yarney souveniers! :cheering:

Angelia
06-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, that's true! The okay for the BBQ was a sign!

I'm sooooo excited about this visit! I do get to visit Chix, right?!?!

KellyK
06-17-2006, 03:18 PM
HECK YEAH! Maybe Sunday? How long are you staying??

Angelia
06-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Leaving Sunday morning. :verysad:

Just talked to my mom on the phone, though, and she wants to road trip to my great-aunt's sometime soon!!

KellyK
06-17-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, when are ya flying in? They're open til 7 on Thursdays, 9 on Fridays (but we're havin the BBQ) and Saturday is Stiches and bar crawl...

Andrea
06-17-2006, 09:00 PM
She's coming Friday---I think she should have booked a month long trip :verysad:

Our department golf outing is Friday, so I get to skip it :happydance: I don't wanna hang out with them anyway (AND this means Chrissy will be busy all day and night :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: )

Angelia
06-17-2006, 11:56 PM
I arrive noonish on Friday and leave 10-ish on Sunday. I don't think a Chix visit will fit, will it? :verysad:

I'll just have to come back!!!!!

Andrea
06-18-2006, 01:43 AM
Well, Chix is sort of on the way home from Midway, isn't it KK?...I bet we could convince KK to leave work!! :happydance:

Angelia
06-18-2006, 08:03 AM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yay!!!

DotMom61
06-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Kelly ... can I bring DH to BBQ, too? :shifty:

Andrea
06-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Oh no, then I'll feel bad that DH can't come :( But I've always wanted to meet Mr. DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 :D

KellyK
06-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Chix is DEFINITELY on the way home from Midway.... but arent you coming straight here for the BBQ on Friday? My house is between Midway and Chix... I was thinkin about leaving work early (or not goin in at ALL) because of the BBQ.

DM, you can bring whomever you wish! Id LOVE to meet Mr. DM!

Andrea
06-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Well, what time is the BBQ? She's coming in the early afternoon and I figured the BBQ was in the evening?? :thinking:

jamadian75
06-18-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm not an Illionoisian, but it would be really cool to meet you guys!

I expect to be there from Thursday night until Wed the following week (my company's HQ is there, and this will be part of my regualar visit)

Mer
06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
I doubt I'll be able to do the BBQ, but I may be able to meet you guys at Stitches! It'll depend on the family activities scheduled--I do only get to see my parents a few times a year, after all.

KellyK
06-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Im thinkin 4pm? Until whenever? So, I guess we could head over to Chix right from the airport for a couple of hours, and then to Casa de Kubicz... whaddaya think?

Mer...Im SO sorry you cant come! There will be some PRIME Howie time at the BBQ!

Mer
06-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Mer...Im SO sorry you cant come! There will be some PRIME Howie time at the BBQ!

I know. :( Give Howie a tummy rub for me!

I'm gonna try to swing the Stitches visit though!

Angelia
06-19-2006, 07:01 AM
Im thinkin 4pm? Until whenever? So, I guess we could head over to Chix right from the airport for a couple of hours, and then to Casa de Kubicz... whaddaya think?

:thumbsup: Sounds great! :happydance: :happydance:

We'll miss you Mer, but we do get you on Saturday, at least!! :heart:

DotMom61
06-19-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm trying to convince DH to come along on Friday night so I don't feel guilty for spending most of the weekend away from my family. When I told him about it, he apparently was only half-listening to me, and when I said we were ALL invited, he though I meant all of the knitters -- not all of our family. :rollingeyes: So, that dissolved into an irritated discussion about how, no, it's our FAMILY that's invited, and then he was worried about it being "some knitting thing," and why would THEY want to go w/ me to THAT?! :mad: I said, "No, it's a BBQ ... you know like people getting together to visit and eat?!"

Of course, I left the part out about Howie and Peanut getting married. :shifty:

KellyK
06-19-2006, 08:47 AM
MY DH will likely be home, too, and will need someone sans yarn to hang out with!

Andrea
06-19-2006, 08:54 AM
My DH would love to hang out with the ladies, but I have a feeling he'd rather golf :lol:

Kirochka
06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Should I ask my DH to come too?... :thinking: (As long as he wouldn't be the only non-knitter there...)

KellyK
06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
KHers and those related to KHers are all invited. :thumbsup: Just make sure we get a head count, and let me know what kind of "luck" you are bringing in your "pot" so I can moderate for any duplicate dishes! :lol:

DotMom61
06-19-2006, 06:27 PM
:cheering: :cheering: I hope I can convince my whole fambly to come.

And actually, I'm laughing, because as much fun as we all have together, it might be just a little scary to see how our DH's get along. :roflhard: My DH can usually make friends w/ just about anyone, though, so I'm not terribly concerned.

Hmmm ... now I'm thinking we might need to get a babysitter, 'cause it would be so much more fun w/out kids interrupting me. :thinking:

Kirochka
06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
My DH seems to be more shy in company than I've expected! :D But I'll ask him anyway and let you know if we'll be one person or two!

Kelly, I'm thinking a couple of side-dish casseroles and a dessert or two... would that work?

KellyK
06-19-2006, 09:00 PM
OMG, Karen! How about ONE of each??? Or just one OR the other? Im not expecting you to make ALL the food! :rofling:

Jul.... you KNOW I love any opportunity to see your kidlins... but, if you'd rather not, that's fine, too. I dont know if you are gonna want them influenced by a bunch of DRUNK KNITTERS! :shock:

Andrea
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I want my DH to come now :verysad:

Kirochka
06-20-2006, 08:46 AM
DH says yes! (Also, Kelly, I'm used to cooking for Sacred Harp potlucks, so often I'm making three casseroles and two or three desserts! I guess I was on potluck autopilot... so, how about one casserole and one dessert...?)

Anyway, count us as two! :cheering:

ETA: I'm thinking the never-miss corn pudding I make for most Sacred Harp singings I cook for (the casserole) and sticky buns (the dessert, which is freezer yeast rolls slathered in nuts, dates, butter, caramel pudding mix and I think brown sugar, left to rise and then baked... :drooling: )... howzat sound?

KellyK
06-20-2006, 09:00 AM
OMG that sounds SOOOOOOOOO yummy!!!!!!!!!11

YAYYYYYY JERRY! :heart:

Shandeh
06-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Boo hoo! I'm NEVER gonna get to meet you guys. :verysad:

And y'all are havin' food and EVERYTHING! :frog:

Reasons I can't come:

1) I can't afford to travel that far
2) I have no money for food, lodging or YARN!
3) The church can't have a service without their ORGANIST!

I tell ya. It's just a drag.

Oh well, maybe next year. :crying:

VickiIL
06-26-2006, 06:28 PM
OK I have been avoiding this post until I got the dates for Leadership Conference at Church. And unfortunately the conference falls on the same weekend with Stitches. But I can make Sunday? Is anyone going to market Sunday or are will you all be Stitches out by then?

margie
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm not going to be able to come to Stitches...... :(

I was somewhat hesitant already, because I wasn't sure where I would stay or how I would find my way around by myself. Then, my sister asked me to go away for the weekend with her. We did this last year too- a "girlfriend's getaway", where we stay at a hotel, go to a spa the next day and get massages and manicures, and generally have a blast. My sister has MS, and hasn't been doing so great lately- I'm not sure how many more years we will be able to just pick up and go away like this, so I want to do it while I can. I can't wait to see all the pictures and hear about the great time that you all have!!! :heart:

DotMom61
07-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Oh, Margie. :( Of course we all understand why you can't come, but we'll definitely miss meeting you!!! I hope we can somehow have another gathering somewhere where lots of people can attend.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-12-2006, 12:56 AM

VickiIL
07-12-2006, 07:45 AM
I think I might be able to come Saturday after all. My pastor/boss said Satruday at Conference is only a half day and since it is normally a day off, I don't have to come if I don't want to! :cheering: So I am going to be checking with my family and see if Saturday will be ok!

DotMom61
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Yippee! :cheering:

Andrea
07-12-2006, 09:35 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Yay for VickiIL

:( for Margie, but it's for a good reason, I say!!

Andrea
07-17-2006, 07:44 PM
I got a thingie in the mail for $2 off entrance fee ($6.00 each with discount). It's good for our whole group...

I can't wait! :happydance: :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-17-2006, 08:03 PM
oh cool.

my dh can't come to the bbq :-(

brownishcoat
07-17-2006, 08:15 PM
What??!? No TOPLESS entertainment? :shock:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Whoa, wait a sec ... no one said anything about a lack of toplessness.... I just said DH wasn't coming.... :eyebrow:

Angelia
07-18-2006, 06:19 AM
:rofling:

KellyK
07-18-2006, 08:02 AM
So, who besides Ang is coming from out of town?

Jeep_Girl
07-21-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm still trying.... I know - last minute hope...

jamadian75
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
So, who besides Ang is coming from out of town?

Moi.

It's been so on again off again, but I have to be up that way for a conference, and I should be in Chi by Friday afternoon/evening.

Booking my registration now, and my accomodations are secured. :cheering:

jamadian75
07-21-2006, 11:10 PM
I got a thingie in the mail for $2 off entrance fee ($6.00 each with discount). It's good for our whole group...

Does this mean I should NOT register online?

Also, sorry if I missed this already, but I would love to know what kind of "schedule" you guys are planning for attending stuff. I'm there through the following week, so I will likely be attending all of the days and would like to do at least 1 class or so. Also looking to get in several hours of actual knitting.

P.S. I'm staying in Deerfield the following week - any knitting groups on week nights I can crash?? ;)

KellyK
07-28-2006, 12:52 AM
If you're up north in Deerfield, maybe that's the week that Andrea's knitting guild is meeting?

Im SO glad you're comin!!!! I DEFINITELY hope you can come to my BBQ on Friday night....

Im not sure we've made SOLID plans for the weekend (except for the BBQ), and I dont think anyone else is attending any classes (we're all excited about shopping, though!)

Why dont we start talking about it NOW?

Where/what time does anyone suggest we meet on Saturday? Is there a good place from which to carpool (my house is about 1/2 hour directly south, if we want to meet here....) ? Anyone interested in public transportation? Rosemont is a stop on the blue line train.

jamadian75
07-28-2006, 06:10 AM
KHers and those related to KHers are all invited. :thumbsup: Just make sure we get a head count, and let me know what kind of "luck" you are bringing in your "pot" so I can moderate for any duplicate dishes! :lol:

Please add another "head" to the count (bringing 1 guest, a local friend).

I will bring hummus and pita bread.

Andrea
08-01-2006, 08:58 AM

Does this mean I should NOT register online?

Is the registration online for the entrance fee?? Then no...unless we don't all get there at the same time, but I would hope we would!!

And my knitting guild meets 2nd and 4th Tuesday, so nothing this week :(

Julie
08-01-2006, 01:55 PM
The $2 off coupon is online:

http://www.knittinguniverse.com/shared_php/events/html/midwest/mwcoupon.pdf

There's a code to use if you're buying your ticket online instead of in person. :thumbsup:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Well, everyone, I hate to say this.... but I might have to skip Stitches. :verysad: My car took a total dump on me today, and we're going to have to buy a new one. As of now, I don't even HAVE a car, and they're estimating it might be "drivable" by the end of the week.... the timing belt went out and that screwed up a bunch of other stuff.... Anyway, I will still try to ome to the BBQ. I was planning on bringing knock-you-knaked brownies DH asked me if I would be willing to give up going, since we'll have to come up with money for a down payment (since the trade might not even be enough to cover what we still owe). What can i sa? I need a car.

this sucks.

Andrea
08-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

You have to come, Hildie. Is the reason so you don't spend money at Stitches? Or is it the transportation?? B/C we can not enable you (it will be hard, but understandable :( ) You have to come, Hilllllld :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

KellyK
08-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Hild.... that's CRAP! :( Why would you not just sleep over at MY house and go to stitches with all of us? You dont HAVE to buy anything.... leave your credit card at home! WE NEEEEEED YOUUUUUU!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-02-2006, 06:13 PM
It's actually not the money OR the transportation.... well, those are very minor details (transportation can be arranged and I have credit cards)... That Saturday is looking like the only "free" day we have to go BUY a car. We're doing research this week and weekend.... the weekend AFTER stitches we're going to visit my mom in WVA, and the next week school starts and I have to have it before then. With DH working like he does, and that damn Coss Work Ethic which won't let him take a day off work for "no reason," we can't do it during the week. Deano was planning on going to the Renewable Energy Fair the same day as stitches, so he'll be giving up something he wants to do too. If we can work it out so I can go to Stitches, we will... he knows it's important to me.

I will keep you posted.

KellyK
08-03-2006, 12:06 AM
OK... I understand. :verysad:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-03-2006, 12:07 AM

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Hey, I just had a thought... since the last year of the sweater KAL is going to start in October, if you're thinking about participating you should look at patterns now to get some ideas for how much yarn you should buy (n case you run across a great deal or a fabulous color or whatever). Not that you have to stick with that pattern, but it might be good for reference.

I was thinking the winter sweater would be a LS pullover, and I was going to suggest adding some colorwork OR cables (or both, if you're.... uh, not me). I have a few patterns in mind for myself , and assuming I'm going to go, I'm going to try to buy yarn with that project in mind. (that way I don't go crazy).

KK, I hope the weather next Friday is a GORGEOUS as it is tonight!!!!!!

KellyK
08-05-2006, 12:56 AM
I hope so too! Its LOVELY!

KellyK
08-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Soooo, we're taking a final count for my BBQ on Friday....

So far, we have

Me & DH
Julie (dotmom) & DH
Hildie
Andrea
Angelia

Is anyone else able to make it? :pray:

VickiIL
08-08-2006, 04:37 PM

So far, we have

Me & DH
Julie (dotmom) & DH
Hildie
Andrea
Angelia

We are still working on a sitter Kelly. Don't know if we will make it. :verysad:

jamadian75
08-08-2006, 11:31 PM

So far, we have

Me & DH
Julie (dotmom) & DH
Hildie
Andrea
Angelia

My friend and I are planning to come too!

KellyK
08-08-2006, 11:44 PM
:cheering: :woohoo: :cheering: :cheering: :woohoo:

Ill PM you with directions... oh... first you have to tell me where you're coming FROM.

Andrea
08-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey girly girls!!

I was at my guild meeting last night and they highly recommend we buy the tickets online beforehand. They've waited in line for 1 to 1.5 hours upon arrival last year. I didn't wait at all, but I might have gone later in the afternoon.

Go here (https://tix.extremetix.com/tix/SilverStream/Pages/pgIndex.html?siteID=756) to order!!! :out:

ETA: USE PROMOTION CODE MW06KU FOR A $2 DISCOUNT!!!!

KellyK
08-09-2006, 09:26 AM
YIKES!!! :noway: Will do!

So, now we have

Me & DH
Dotmom & DH
Angelia
Andrea
Hildie
Marce
Susan

(Im still holding out hope for Karen & Jerry and Vicki & DH :pray: )

Andrea
08-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh Chrissy poo might be able to make it! :blooby: The golf outing he's planning on going to might be cancelled due to lack of interest (hehe take THAT stooooopid Lake in the Hills PD!! :smilingdevil: )

KellyK
08-09-2006, 09:56 AM
:twisted:

He wont be all pouty, will he? :pout:

Andrea
08-09-2006, 10:01 AM
No, he brought it up! :teehee:

He's so cute :flirt:

VickiIL
08-09-2006, 10:27 AM
:blooby: I bought my ticket!!!! I can't wait. :yay:

So....How are we gonna find each other? :??

Andrea
08-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I imagine we should pick a time to meet at the door! The market is open from 10 AM-6 PM, so I think we should go pretty close to the opening :thinking:

KellyK
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
That sounds like a good plan to me! :woohoo:

VickiIL
08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
:thumbsup: I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! :cheering: :woot: :blooby: :woohoo:

Did I get all the little happy excited ones???

jamadian75
08-09-2006, 03:58 PM
I bought my ticket! I'll be there at the opening time :woot:

Andrea
08-09-2006, 04:24 PM
:woot:

Andrea
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Are we knitting at the BBQ or no? :shrug:

Angelia
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Are we knitting at the BBQ or no? :shrug:

Surely so! I mean I'll have all that yarn from the Chix visit... :shifty:

Angelia
08-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh Chrissy poo might be able to make it! :blooby: The golf outing he's planning on going to might be cancelled due to lack of interest (hehe take THAT stooooopid Lake in the Hills PD!! :smilingdevil: )

But I thought I was your date. :verysad:

Andrea
08-09-2006, 09:32 PM

But I thought I was your date. :verysad:

He isn't convinced that he's going, so you are my #1 date. Even if he does go! :muah:

We talked about the budget tonight...I did my best :flirt: and got an ok limit... :shrug:

Angelia
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah, you say I'm you're first date... :verysad:

As far as yarn purchases go, all I've been told is to "be good." I have no idea what that means. My interpretation is rather generous... :rofling:

Andrea
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
I honestly don't need any yarn! :psst: Plus I'm ordering a bunch of WOTA for the felted clog workshop for my guild peeps, so I'll probably sneak some yarn in that order!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-09-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't have a date :pout:

Angelia
08-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Since Andrea's a two-timer, I'll be your date! :muah: :muah:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-10-2006, 12:43 AM
:woot:

I don't put out until the second date, Ang.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-10-2006, 12:44 AM
but after that I'm a sure thing. :teehee:

Angelia
08-10-2006, 08:11 AM
but after that I'm a sure thing. :teehee:

I'm the same way....so Saturday night is good for you? :eyebrow:

KellyK
08-10-2006, 08:49 AM

What about MEEEE??? :pout: I mean, you're sleeping over at my house, and we've been on MORE than 2 dates!! :tap:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, but KK, you're like the local knitting preistess. You have to please EVERYONE. What am I supposed to do while you're talking to other people? Guhnap myself??? Sheesh.

KellyK
08-10-2006, 02:58 PM
:roll:

I thought Id tally what we have coming so far in the way of food & beverage tomorrow....

Im providing:
Al's BBQ Chicken (the BEST)
Italian sausage
Buns & condiments for the above
Guacamole & chips (I make a FANNNNTASTIC Guac! I dont even LIKE guac, usually!)
Coke
7-Up
Iced Tea
Mike's Hard Lemonade, Lime, Berry and Apple
Heineken
Wine
Whatever's behind the bar (its ALOT)

Julie (Dotmom) is bringing a dessert

Jamadian (Marce) is bringing Hummus

Doestn all this sound YUMMMMMY??? :drool:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I am bringing knock you naked brownies and asian cole slaw!

DotMom61
08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
:yay: I'm so excited!!! Dessert is ALL done!!! I've got my ticket!!!!113 And I printed out directions to Rosemont (but I'm going to check the train schedule, too)!!!1111323433

I talked w/ DH this afternoon, and he was UNAWARE that I was going to be gone all day Saturday. :doh: I *know* I told him about this, but he was clueless. He's OK w/ it, but was somewhat disappointed, I think.

Hilde -- this is the first time I've read the saga of your car. Somehow I missed about 3 pages of this thread. So sorry!! And I know you've been shopping, but have you found anything yet?

Andrea -- Tell Chris he must come to the BBQ! I think that Jeff and Al will need all the male companionship they can get with all of us silly giggling teenagers around. :teehee: Oh, and bring a fruit tray. :thumbsup:

I think that's it for now ... I gotta run ... :out:

margie
08-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Just want to say that although I'm excited to be going away with my sister next weekend, I'm very sad that I'm not coming out to see all you guys like I had hoped to!!! I keep thinking "If I was going to stitches, I'd be getting ready to leave now".................... :verysad:

Have fun for me!!!! :heart:

KellyK
08-10-2006, 09:22 PM
MMMmmmmm! Hild... that sounds AWESOME! :drool:

My equally awesome guacamole is chillin in the fridge now, too! :cheering:

DotMom61
08-10-2006, 09:50 PM
And my dessert is :teehee: mmbbmlfdmelflsf

I'm not tellin' what it iiiiiiissssss. :whistle: