PDA

View Full Version : need opinion...coolest knitting bag???

kemp
05-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Which bag would you be most like to buy? Or if you wouldn't really buy a knitting bag, which do you think is the "coolest"? Thanks for the input!

Knit One (http://www.knitone.com/bags.php)

Namaste (http://namasteneedles.com/products/index.php)

Jordana Paige (http://jordanapaige.com/products.html)

Friskums
05-08-2006, 03:09 PM
I voted for Jordana Paige. The messenger bag is the one I'd get, were I shopping for a knitting bag. I love lots of pockets and room for my projects. ^_^

lisak
05-08-2006, 03:10 PM
If I could afford one, I'd love to have the purple satchel from Jordana Paige. ...But I'll have to stick to my huge orange canvas bag for now!

BTW - I :heart: the needles on the Namaste website! WOW! :inlove:

mulene
05-08-2006, 03:15 PM
i like the jordanna paige straight needle bag, its pretty cute. However I love the Namaste bags =D

wildforyarn
05-08-2006, 03:18 PM
I love, love, love the Namaste messenger bag. I bought it at the same time I bought the JP satchel in purple, but decided to sell that because with my lifestyle (kids, work, school, etc.) it was better to have the messenger bag. :)

brendajos
05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
i love the style of the Knit One bags though i have NEVER seen the inside of them which is important to me! I also don't think they would hold enough stuff for me but i do think they are great looking bags.

My Jordana Paige messenger bag didn't hold up as well as i would like but i couldn't guarantee it isn't because i filled it way full of stuff. i had a small pull on the seam and the "leather" on the strap was kind of fraying away on the edges. it didnt look bad when i pulled it away but it still wasn't great.

btw...i LOVE My lantern moon bag! :thumbsup:

rebecca
05-08-2006, 03:22 PM
:D I have to vote for the Namaste messenger bag...very yummy ;)

kemp
05-08-2006, 03:23 PM
If I could afford one, I'd love to have the purple satchel from Jordana Paige. ...But I'll have to stick to my huge orange canvas bag for now!

BTW - I :heart: the needles on the Namaste website! WOW! :inlove:

I really :heart: :heart: those needles too, pretty pricey though!

wildforyarn
05-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm ordering a KnitOne bag the middle of this month. I hope that I like it, both inside and out! Can you tell I'm addicted to knitting bags??? :blush:

kemp
05-08-2006, 03:33 PM
:roflhard: yes. But you NEED different bags for different projects, right?

wildforyarn
05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh I sure do. Especially since I keep ordering more and more sock yarn from your store! :lol:

Sara
05-08-2006, 07:02 PM
I :heart: my Namaste bag! It's roomy and it looks great. It also was less expensive than the JP bags. And the new design of the JP bags looks a great deal like my Namaste! :thumbsup:

XbelovedXoneX
05-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I love both the namaste and the JP bags. I have neither, but I'm hoping once I get my tax return I can buy one. I just feel guilty spending that much on a bag!

Boogs
05-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I can't decide - I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: them all!!!!

I have so many bloody bags already but it's sooooo tempting to get just one more...

kemp
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
I can't decide - I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: them all!!!!

I have so many bloody bags already but it's sooooo tempting to get just one more...

I know that's my problem! I really like each of them but I can only afford to choose one for the store right now.

carollovesyarn
05-08-2006, 08:12 PM
I voted for the Namaste. I like their messenger bags (esp the interiors!), the needle binders (what a great idea - and you can get more pages) and I even like the Vintage (tho I'd like to see the other colors). I like the regular handbags too! I've never really cared for JP and while I like the fabric of KnitOne bags, I can't wrap my head around the shape.

That said, I just bought a Jansport messenger from Costco for $15 - I figure that's at least $40 I saved that I can use to buy yarn or fabric! Oh wait, I already spent it on yarn last week. Darn. :lol:

jctscon
05-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Gotto go for the Jordana Paige - it's classic.

Debbie
05-09-2006, 05:30 AM
I like the Namaste bags and had not seen the Namaste needle binder .... that is very cool!

Jax3303
05-09-2006, 07:18 AM
I really LOVE the JP knitters satchel. I know it wouldn't be a good bag for me though. 3 kids and running around in the dirt/to the park all the time. DH just bought me the Namaste Messenger bag, and I LOVE it. it's roomy and beautiful, plus I can get a good sized knitting project, diapers, butt wipes, sippy cup, snack and all of my purse stuff in it, and there's still room.

njknitter
05-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Namaste Executive - simple, classic and (hopefully) functional though I've not seen one in person. Are you planning to start selling some on your site?
Lynn

javede
05-09-2006, 07:57 AM
I voted for the Namaste. I really :heart: their messenger bag(though I would probably never buy one cause I sew my own...)!
I don't much like leather bags, they don't fit my clothes.

Vendie
05-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I voted for Namaste - I like how the bags can double as a purse (I guess they all could, but they're not all my style). I like the variety of the first site's bags, but I personally hate the tube look and I don't see how they can fit all my stuff. The Jordana Paige bags are nice but way $$$ and not as big as I would have liked (especially for the cost). The Namaste bags seem to be a nice compromise. And I LOVE their needle cases! Please do add some of those to your store! I would love to order some!

Ronda
05-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't own any kind of knitting bag...yet. I really like the looks of those KnitOne bags. I also like the Namaste Needle Binder and their needles!! Wow. I'm not much on big, bulky bags.

kemp
05-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Namaste Executive - simple, classic and (hopefully) functional though I've not seen one in person. Are you planning to start selling some on your site?
LynnYes! But for now I can only afford to choose one line. I would love to have them all though :)

kemp
05-09-2006, 08:37 AM
I voted for Namaste - I like how the bags can double as a purse (I guess they all could, but they're not all my style). I like the variety of the first site's bags, but I personally hate the tube look and I don't see how they can fit all my stuff. The Jordana Paige bags are nice but way $$$ and not as big as I would have liked (especially for the cost). The Namaste bags seem to be a nice compromise. And I LOVE their needle cases! Please do add some of those to your store! I would love to order some!

Tell me exactly which one you would want and I'll make sure it's in my first order. I think I'm going to go ahead and go with them since Namaste appears to be in the lead right now.

candicane
05-09-2006, 09:01 AM
If I could afford it, I'd buy a Lexi Barnes knitting bag. I have a diaper bag (the Darling) by Lexi and I love this bag! It looks nothing like a diaper bag, and is easy to pack and access all our stuff, so I am confident that her knitting bags would be great too.

Candice

knitstress_tygher
05-09-2006, 10:41 AM
I don't think I'd buy one ... at least not until DH gets into Finance and I can afford such things, but I like the Namaste ones the best.

Lisa Kay
05-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I voted for Namaste. I would choose their Executive Handbag and/or the Messenger Bag. I like that inside the Executive Handbag there is a zipper to separate the purse side from the knitting side. Does the Messenger Bag have a similar feature, or is it all one big compartment inside, other than some pockets?

Jackie F.
05-09-2006, 03:12 PM
I really like the messenger bag style, so either the Namaste or Jordaina Paige interest me. However, I liked more of the designs and fabric of the Namaste bags. So, that's how I decided my vote.

Friskums
05-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Dunno if you saw this or not (probably), but in case you haven't:
click me (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12827)

photogirl72
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM
I voted for Jordana Paige. The messenger bag is the one I'd get, were I shopping for a knitting bag. I love lots of pockets and room for my projects. ^_^

I agree totally, but I also like the Knitters Purse from Jordana Paige.