PDA

View Full Version : OT: need opinion on a picture

benniesma
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Okay ladies. DH and I were at a wedding this weekend. A friend took a picture of us that I just love. For one thing DH actually consented to have his picture taken! It's a miracle! But it's a decent picture of me too. I'd love to have some copies made for our parents. But do you notice anything, um....silly? Anything that detracts from the picture?

Thanks for your help!

Danielle
05-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Maybe the smiling guy in the middle of you two?? :mrgreen:

It is still a great pic! :D

ETA: I don't think he detracts from the picture. :thumbsup:

XbelovedXoneX
05-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I didn't notice anything silly until I read that I should be looking for it! If it does bother you, you could maybe blur the background in photoshop or another similar program. It would give it a nice soft look!

mulene
05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
great pic, didn't notice the grinner till you said to look ;)

Ingrid
05-08-2006, 07:44 PM
It is a great picture! Except for that guy with the tree growing out of his head. ;)

These days, though, all kinds of things can be done to photos.

Jan in CA
05-08-2006, 07:47 PM
What guy? ;) :roflhard:

Nice photo! ;)

Ingrid
05-08-2006, 07:54 PM
See! Yay Jan!!!!! :cheering:

sara_jayne
05-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Jan you truly are amazing!!!

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Jan, I was totally going to do the same thing! :cheering: Yay bandaid icon tool thing (I'm so technical :rollseyes: ).

rebecca
05-08-2006, 09:34 PM
:D Lovely pic...Okay, Jan...how did u do that?!

gardenmommy
05-08-2006, 10:12 PM
That's so cool, Jan! Can you wipe out the entire crowd...maybe put Laura & DH with a nice beach in the background or something? ;)

Danielle
05-08-2006, 10:19 PM
:cheering: Great work Jan! :thumbsup:

I didn't even notice he had a tree growing out of his head! :roflhard:

benniesma
05-08-2006, 10:32 PM
I didn't want to say anything about the extra head in the pic. Wanted to see how noticable it was. I didn't even see the tree growing out of his head either!

Jan you are amazing! That's just freaky!

Thanks!!!

Jan in CA
05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
:D Lovely pic...Okay, Jan...how did u do that?!

Hehe... I used Paint Shop Pro 9 (as always). I zoomed in and used the clone tool to move the trunk down and add a bit of car, and add some bushes and then I used the smudge and soften tools to blend a little. When I made it back to original size.. voila! :lol:

That's so cool, Jan! Can you wipe out the entire crowd...maybe put Laura & DH with a nice beach in the background or something?
:shock: :roflhard:

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Clone tool! That's what it's called.
I love using it to get rid of dust on my negatives. :rollseyes:

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 11:03 PM
BTW, how do you like PSP 9, Jan? I have 8, but I might upgrade to it when 10 comes out. :rofling: I'm too cheap to buy the current ones. 7 disappointed me for some reason. I started with 6 and I think I still like it the best.
Photoshop is nice, too, but I only use it in the labs at school.

Jan in CA
05-08-2006, 11:09 PM
BTW, how do you like PSP 9, Jan? I have 8, but I might upgrade to it when 10 comes out. :rofling: I'm too cheap to buy the current ones. 7 disappointed me for some reason. I started with 6 and I think I still like it the best.
Photoshop is nice, too, but I only use it in the labs at school.

I love 9, but I don't remember how much different it is than 8..not a whole lot as I recall. The vector tools work a little differently and some people complain about that, but I'm sure once you get the used to it it's fine. I don't use them too often anymore so I have to think a bit when I do. Overall I do like it a lot though. I started with version 5 btw.

PSP X is out now and I want to upgrade because it has more photo stuff. Just haven't done it yet. The upgrade is $55 for the d/l version.

CateKnits
05-08-2006, 11:15 PM
:thinking: Maybe I'll actually buy X, then. Thanks for the info. :D

Ellen Edwards
05-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Judos to you, Jan!! You really know your way around that prgram--I suspect it's not cheap, though, huh?? i have Photoshop Elements, and it hs a clone tool, but I'm not as adept sd youare!! THe beach scene is killer , too--especially the gorgeous couple IN it! Love it!

Jan in CA
05-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Judos to you, Jan!! You really know your way around that prgram--I suspect it's not cheap, though, huh?? i have Photoshop Elements, and it hs a clone tool, but I'm not as adept sd youare!! THe beach scene is killer , too--especially the gorgeous couple IN it! Love it!

The full version of PSP X is $79, but I'm sure the older versions are cheaper if you can find them.

PS Elements is supposed to be good and can probably do as much as PSP. You just need to learn how to use it. I'm sure there are tutorials on the internet somewhere.

Thanks for the kudos!

njknitter
05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Playing with pictures is fun! I've used Photoshop on occasion for a fun gift idea. For example, as a housewarming gift, take a picture of the new house and put it on an Architectural Digest cover! Or put someone on Time magazine, Sports Illustrated, whatever!!

It is a great picture of you both!

kemp
05-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Playing with pictures is fun! I've used Photoshop on occasion for a fun gift idea. For example, as a housewarming gift, take a picture of the new house and put it on an Architectural Digest cover! Or put someone on Time magazine, Sports Illustrated, whatever!!

It is a great picture of you both! OH! Those are awesome ideas! I might need to copy you sometime. :)

njknitter
05-09-2006, 10:11 AM
I might need to copy you sometime.

Please do! It really is fun and recipients love it! My parents got a condo in FL last year and I did a "Coastal Living" cover for them. They have it hanging near the front door and when other people from the building see it the response is generally "Oh, how could I have missed that issue??!!??" :lol:

Lynn

mulene
05-09-2006, 10:29 AM
woah Jan :roflhard: nice job! =D

rebecca
05-09-2006, 10:36 AM
:D Okay, I've been thinking about getting some photo software & reading your posts have soooooo almost talked me into it ;)