PDA

View Full Version : Awwww, love all these childhood avatars!

amy
05-09-2006, 03:17 PM
OMG, I just LOVE all the child-hood pic avatars! Whose inspiration was this? so cute!! You all are just so adorable!! awwwwww.

I've never changed my avatar before, but I couldn't resist!!
:sunny:
Amy

sara_jayne
05-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Kelly started it - I don't think she planned for it to go this far but it is SOOO much fun!

amy
05-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks SaraJayne! Aha, I found it on her blog. So fun!!

Friskums
05-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Aww, I wish I had my childhood pics. :(

Ingrid
05-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I have lots of pictures, but no scanner. I had to make do. :rofling:

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 04:24 PM
:roflhard: Nice, Ingrid!
I only have this one picture until I get home. I have the scanner and my dad has all the pictures. :rollseyes: I have a favorite from when I was 11 (I'm making the Classic Cate face), but I realized that was only 8 years ago! :shock:

Ingrid
05-09-2006, 04:36 PM
I took a picture of a picture!

For anyone curious, this is what I had posted:

sara_jayne
05-09-2006, 04:37 PM
:heart: What a darling you were (are!), Ingrid!

Jan in CA
05-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Awwww everyones pix are too cute! I took a picture of my photo too, Ingrid!

http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/68728292-S.jpg

Ellen Edwards
05-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Good grief--chubby cheeks is still the same!!

This is the only picture I have until I was about 7--we just didn't have a camera, and my aunt was the only one who took pictures!!

TwoLeftNeedles
05-09-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm game. Think I was three in this one.

bjc1050
05-09-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm 4 in mine. Obviously, I was born to drive! :smile:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Everyone is so cute!!!

I'm 2 or 3 in mine, reading "Little Red Riding Hood" and sitting on my parents' car in my grandparents' front yard.

loveswildflowers
05-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, I agree this is too much fun. I have really enjoyed seeing everybody's pic's. Amy, you are too cute. I so wanted to have mouse ears when I was a kid!! :-) Instead, I had to settle for these horns my mother would gleefully make for me at bath time. Muuu haaaa haaa - can you hear her giggling?

Angelia
05-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Hear her? I'm giggling!! :rofling: And look at your wee teeth!! :inlove: :inlove:

mulene
05-09-2006, 08:13 PM
=( sadly there are no pictures of me as a baby. There were two, I had them in a filofax in my hand bag, left in my office at work some 20 years ago. I was going to get them copied that day, since there were the only two in existence. I left my office to show someone around, only to return to find my bag and all of its contents stolen.

I never recovered the photos, they could have had everything else for all I cared, I just wanted the photos back. Wish I could join in. I do know there is one horrendous photo of me somewhere from when I was 10 years old in this terrible terrible pair of powder blue elasticated waisted trousers that were too short for me, some weird brown clogs, an even weirder green anorak and my hair clipped so hard to the sides of my head I looked like some freak. It is hilarious ;) will see if I can find it.

I love all these avatars =D

KellyK
05-09-2006, 09:11 PM
OMG, LWF! That's FUN HAIR!!! :cheering: Fun Hair was the ONLY way I could get my brother (12.5 years younger) to take a bath when he was little! My MOM couldnt even get him to do it! :rofling:

We should all post the big pics here, in case we all change our avatars ever again....

Here's mine....

Kindegarten:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/kindergarten_kelly.jpg

And here's one from...oh let's see if someone can guess the era! :rofling: I was 16 or 17...
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/kelly_17.jpg

Ingrid
05-09-2006, 09:13 PM
I actually remember sitting on the stoop having this picture taken--it was on East Kingsbridge Road in the Bronx circa 1959.

Danielle
05-09-2006, 09:24 PM
I love seeing all of the childhood photos!! Here is mine, when I was in Kindergarten. 1991 I think. :mrgreen:

BinkyKat
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
As posted in my knitterbox... i somehow managed to delete my normal av...dangit! but here's me at 2 and a half. in fact, i pulled the photo out of the frame to take a pic of the pic like ingy did (since my computer is still dead and i have to make do) and i just can't edit like i wanna - and out fell another pic of me as a baby. this one looks very antique-y and makes people think i'm older than i am (i'm soon to be 37 this coming monday) but it's one of my fave photos of me...
;)

Ingrid
05-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Aaaaaaw!

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
Here's mine! I'm assuming it's 1987, since I was born at the end of 1986. I cropped out my mother and her '80s clothes. She was looking the other way, anyway. :rofling:

BinkyKat
05-09-2006, 09:39 PM
oh my god, you were born during my senior year of highschool!
i'm depressed now, thanks!
:shock: :oops:

Ingrid
05-09-2006, 09:40 PM

Puleeeeeeez!!!! :rollseyes:

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
That's not my fault. :verysad:

feministmama
05-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Here's me at 4 in a bathing suit and me in one of them studio portraits when I was 3. I loved that red velour dress. I wanted to sleep in it. My mother wouldn't let me tho. :crying:

kemp
05-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Oh my gosh! Y'all are too cute! I'm on the bandwagon. I don't have many childhood pics...but it's ok...I look practically the same (not necessarily in a good way :roflhard: )

sara_jayne
05-09-2006, 10:00 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Everyone is SOOOOOO adorable - a lot of cheek pinching would be going on!! :cheering: :cheering:

I posted these on the blog thread, but I like having all the cutie-pie picutres in one place!

I couldn't resist jumping in on all the fun of these old school pictures! I have several from my childhood that are my favorite - and perhaps childhood pictures are the only pictures I like of myself.....so here is a picture montage of my youth! Enjoy (and giggle as needed!).

This is one of my favorite pictures of my sister and I. I'm the taller (older) one! My sister, Hillary is 20 months younger than me and has ALWAYS been a total camera ham!
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Random/sarahill.jpg

This is me in kindergarten. I had LONG LONG brown hair and then in first grade I had it cut off (a bowl cut) :oops:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Random/sarainK.jpg

I can't believe I'm acutally posting this picture of myself....I look like a boy, but I was who I was -always a tom boy. DH says I still have that smile when I'm up to no good!
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Random/saraasaboy.jpg

This is my high school senior picture. Again, I have long hair and the curl is natural. The quality of the scan is not very good - but this is one of my favorite pictures of myself. I didn't wear my glasses in this shot...which makes it that much better!
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/sarajbc/Random/sara_senior_pic.jpg

Between the handwriting and the kid pictures this place is so much fun!!! Of course it was fun before, but now I feel like I know more about everyone - and I love sharing these pictures!

feministmama
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
So how do you make them small enuf to be an avatar? :??

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Magic. :cheering:

monzogary
05-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Ok, I just happened to have a pic of me at 2 years old hanging on my fridge, so here it is!

Jan in CA
05-09-2006, 10:38 PM

Do you have some software to do it? They have to be about 80x80 pixels. You can use this site (http://www.resize2mail.com/?option=advanced) and then save it to a folder or your desktop and upload it to your avatar.

OR .... you can send to me and I'll do it for you and send it back.
;)

CateKnits
05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
You can even do it in Paint. :D

brendajos
05-09-2006, 11:47 PM
This picture makes me giggle for a couple of reasons. the sweater was knitted by my gramma and the lion on the front even has a mane. i do still have the sweater and it is one of the reasons i want to have a daughter some day (good reason huh? :rofling: ) the other reason i giggle at it is the giant ceramic frog right by my feet! :rofling: :rofling: :rofling: after my parents moved my grandmother into the nursing home they gave me a lot of her "stuff." I came home one day with new furniture and dishes and all that sitting all over the house. (yup magically appeared like all good furniture should!) and about 2 hours after i got home i happened to stumble across the same giant frog sitting in the middle of my living room....20 some odd years after that picture was taken. my mother was just giggling away waiting to hear from me. i was delighted by the absolute gaudiness of it! :roflhard:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/rawr.jpg

Angelia
05-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Oh, you're adorable! :inlove: And I love the sweater and the gaudy frog! My aunt had one of those--hideous but in a totally adorable way! :heart:

brendajos
05-09-2006, 11:57 PM
my mother has a pair of small ones that she painted about the same time i would suppose. :rollseyes: they are.....ahem.....anatomically "correct" (if a frog had naughty bits that looked like that anyway!) she's so impressed with herself. :rofling:

Angelia
05-09-2006, 11:58 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I'd love to have those!

mintdee
05-10-2006, 12:21 AM
lol I have a turtle that Tim bought a few years ago from some unknown reason that I named Myrtle and it has become a beloved member of the family since then :D

Look at what my grandpa sent me tonight.

Angelia
05-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Awwww!!! :inlove: :inlove:

Ellen Edwards
05-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Boy, I just love to look through this thread--I hope more people see it--it's kinda like we're all in a yearbook or a photo album together!! :D

humblestumble
05-10-2006, 01:37 AM

Puleeeeeeez!!!! :rollseyes:

ditto, and :waving: Miss your childhood? I was born in 86 too!

If I find a decent picture not in a frame, I'll edit my avatar. For now, I still love Toga (my cat)

mulene
05-10-2006, 03:47 AM

You can also use a free piece of software (which I happen to love) called IRFANVIEW (http://www.irfanview.com/). This free little baby is great for saving things to different file formats and making them smaller.

You just hop into Edit and choose resize - stick in the pixel numbers (for the main pics I put 500 in the first field and it autmatically fills in the rest) click ok and voila. Then just save the file as a different name and you have your resized pic.

Virtuella
05-10-2006, 03:58 AM
My picture is grey and old.. Im old... :rollseyes:

Andrea
05-10-2006, 04:21 AM
I love this...it's so endearing to see all these cute faces...

catownedanna
05-10-2006, 04:57 AM
This is one of my favourite pictures from being a kid. I'm about 5 years old and the boy sitting next to me was my neighbour and best friend. According to my mother we also had a crush on each other and had decided to get married when we were older. (I ran into him a year ago, after not seeing him for ten years, and I reminded him about the proposal I was waiting for. We had a great laugh about it! :rofling: )

I also love the picture as it's soooo *trying to find the right word* Swedish!!! :D We're sitting in a sofa from IKEA. The table is from IKEA. The metal bars on the wall belongs to a shelf system from (can you guess?) IKEA. The wooden clock on the wall was almost standard in every Swedish home during the 70's and 80's.

Warning! Talk about underwear coming up. ;)

I also love the fact that we are dressed in tops from a company called Polarn O. Pyret (http://www.polarnopyret.se/flash.asp?id=). EVERYONE had these striped clothes. I think for years, I didn't own clothes from anywhere else. Can you see that we have colour matched underwear as well? :D I have underwear with red hearts on them and my friend has a brown stripe on his. Cool! :rofling:

Totalele
05-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Can I play? :cheering:

Andrea
05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Awwwwwww that is an adorable picture!!! :heart:

Virtuella
05-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Can I play? :cheering:

Yes!!! You can play!! :heart:
You are sooo cute!

Angelia
05-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Oooh, adorable!! This is such a fun thread! :heart:

KellyK
05-10-2006, 08:19 AM
OMGosh I dont even know WHERE to start commenting!

Kempy....its so strange to see you before you grew....um..... GIRLS! :roflhard: Otherwise, you look EXACTLY the same!

Andrea....Im SO glad you posted the full-sized version. You look like a cute little gnome! :heart: Such HUGE eyes!

Totalele....I can HEAR that giggle! :rofling:

All of these other pics are just the SWEETEST!

kemp
05-10-2006, 08:59 AM
OMGosh I dont even know WHERE to start commenting!

Kempy....its so strange to see you before you grew....um..... GIRLS! :roflhard: Otherwise, you look EXACTLY the same!

:roflhard: :roflhard: Those dang girls! It is weird though isn't it? Every time I show someone a childhood photo I get "OMG you look EXACTLY the same!" Hope I can say that in another 20 years :roflhard:

Everyone's pictures are soooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!! I always say this is such an attractive group. Is it possible that yarn has something to do with it? :roflhard:

bjc1050
05-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Here are a few more of me.

dustinac
05-10-2006, 09:11 AM
:cheering: love looking at all the childhood photos!!! I dug and dug this morning and can't find any of me.. which I knew the findings would be slim cause mom has them.. I called dh and he said there may be one/two in his wallet....so I'll have to wait till he gets home to see.. anyways while digging I found this one.. I was a junior in H.S. and this is my favorite of my dad and me.. I just wish I hadn't been into scrapbooking that year :rollseyes: why did I cut that photo?? love to have it in a frame now.. oh well live and learn.. so here is my dad and me the year was 1997 it was dh's Sr Prom... we attended all our proms together...If I find a baby photo I'll post it if not when I return home later this month I'll get one and post it :thumbsup:

Angelia
05-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Lovely photos, Beverly and Dustina! :heart:

Oh and Beverly--I remember those metal perm rods! And that hairdryer! (I got a nasty burn on my neck from one of those... :shock: )

kemp
05-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Beverly and Dustina...it's cool to see pics a little older too. You both are so pretty. Love the HS photo with the black dress/cloth...wish they would do that now.

sara_jayne
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Everyone is so adorable - the best bunch of knitters any where!!! :cheering:

mishka
05-10-2006, 10:13 AM
I wanted to join in and went to change my avatar and spookily I had already joined in unknowingly. :thinking:

(Not so spooky, I just forgot what pic I was using. :lol: )

I feel like part of the gang - LOL :cheering:

Angelia
05-10-2006, 10:16 AM
You ARE one of the gang! :heart:

Adorable photo, too--do you have a larger one so that we can see detail? We have to ooh and aah over chubby kid cheeks! ;)

mishka
05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Okay here's me bigger or smaller .....

Angelia
05-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh! Look at your cute self! :inlove: :inlove: Wonder what you're pointing at...the photographer?

NinaT
05-10-2006, 10:44 AM
You have the most beautiful red hair! You were such a cute kid!b

mishka
05-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Angelia, I don't know. I'll have to ask my parents what I'm pointing at!

Nina, I must admit I like my hair now but hated it as a child. Here's an up to date photo for you to make your mind up. This was about a year ago and I had highlights which I've got rid of since. But the red that you can see is my natural colour.

:blush:

Shame we can't stay that cute forever.

>>Trying to pic at a decent size, but insists on being a monster<<<

Angelia
05-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Ooooh, I love your hair! And those eyes!! You're just stunning! :inlove:

RachelJean
05-10-2006, 01:09 PM
This is so much fun. I even figured out how to use the scanner.

Totalele
05-10-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys! I'm *LOVING* this thread!! Everyone is soooo frigging adorable!! :heart: :heart: :cheering:

DotMom61
05-10-2006, 01:54 PM
OK, in my usual Johnny-come-lately style, I've finally found this thread. Of course, I would *never* have found it if I hadn't been procrastinating on getting ready for vacation. :rollingeyes:

I LOVE these pictures, and I've promised myself I can go digging for some of mine today if I can get done w/ my Vacation Preparation List. So ... here I go!!!

Keep posting those pics ... they're FABULOUS!!!!

Denise in Michigan
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
I really love you folks!

Shandeh
05-10-2006, 02:06 PM
=( sadly there are no pictures of me as a baby)

Poor Mulene!

Shandeh
05-10-2006, 02:15 PM
I changed mine too. My photo is from when I was 5 years old, I think. I put a few other photos on here too. My band geek days in high school, and my photo at the church organ. I'm a musician through and through.

Angelia
05-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Ah, we finally get to see that red hair! ;) Gorgeous!

boyforpele13
05-10-2006, 03:38 PM
this is oh so much fun!

here's the full size of mine. my mom had a thing for putting me in bags, like they just brought me home from Stern's. <sigh>

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/mebaby.jpg

and here's a babier one.

http://mysite.verizon.net/boyforpele/Music/mesanta.jpg

Sara
05-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Ooh! Look at the beautiful curly hair on toddler Sean!

HollyP
05-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Everyone is so cute!! This is a great thread! I have to go and find a baby pic of myself.

mishka
05-10-2006, 04:56 PM
What a lovely unique thread, loving everyone's pics x

(oh and thanks Angelia for the compliment :blush: )

Jan in CA
05-10-2006, 05:37 PM
I added some fun old shots of me in my KH blog (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167300#167300).

Shandeh
05-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Ah, we finally get to see that red hair! ;) Gorgeous!

Thanks Angelia. I have a love-hate relationship with my red hair.

As most redheads always say, "I hated my red hair when I was young." I'm with them. I always stood out in a crowd, and was the first one the bullies chose to pick on. Also, whenever we had a show at the school, I was asked to come onstage to do a demonstration with them.

"Let's see here.....we need one of you to come up here on the stage with us. You! The little red-haired girl." :help:

It never failed. Every time...they chose me. Once, I was brought on stage to rub the beard of a billy goat. (Yuck!) Another time, we had a cowboy doing rope tricks. He asked me to come up and run across the stage so he could lasso me. I ran, with my dress flying around my knees. He lassoed me, and the hem of my dress was tied up around my chin. :oops: Everyone laughed (except me), so I was the entertainment for the day, as well as the brunt of everyone's jokes for the rest of the month. What a pain.

But, as I got older, my hair was noticed for other reasons. By the time I was in college, red hair was "IN", so it didn't bother me at all to be a redhead! :sunny:

My husband says that he fell in love with me because of my hair. He said that he has always LOVED red hair, so I guess that's why I have it. God made me a redhead for my sweet husband.

But, now my red is fading away. I'm turning blonde. I'll let you guys know if I have more fun. :lol:

CateKnits
05-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Red hair is always "IN!" :roflhard:
I had red hair when I was really little, but then it went brown. It's gotten progressively more red since 5th grade or so, but it's always been "dark" red rather than "bright" red.

WynnieG
05-10-2006, 06:19 PM
My mini-me photos can be found here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167313#167313) in my KH blog.

Shandeh
05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Cate, I love your hair! Yours is the kind I always wished for - dark, smooth and straight. Mine was always orange, fuzzy and wavy - kind of like Carrot Top! You were (and are) a lucky redhead!

CateKnits
05-10-2006, 06:31 PM
We didn't buy any of my senior portraits because I hated them all so much. There was ONE that I liked...except they lit it funny, so my head looked like it was on fire from my hair! Everyone got a snicker out of the proof. I wish I stil l had it. :thinking:

Ingrid
05-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I posted a few more of me in my KH blog (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3111&start=3495&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=), too.

I have to say, this has been my favorite thread! :cheering:

momwolf
05-10-2006, 11:50 PM
LOVE this site,took a while to dig up pics.Everyone looks so good :D Nice to dig up and look at old family photos.We should all do this every once in awhile.If nothing else it will make us laugh at ourselfs :thumbsup:

Angelia
05-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Julie! Those pics of both your mom and you are just stunning! :inlove: :inlove:

javede
05-11-2006, 01:59 AM
Aww, you all look so cute!

Can't access our scanner at the moment, but I took a pic. This is me at 4 month.

Sue Madelin
05-11-2006, 04:11 AM
:cheering: Yay - found some old photos at mum's house.

Here is me aged about 5 or 6 in a school photo - my mum made my beautiful dress. She made most of our clothes when we were younger - she's very talented - and in fact she made my wedding dress, 4 bridesmaid's dresses, 7 cravats, my dh's waistcoat and her own outfit too for my wedding - as well as baking my wedding cake which was then decorated by her friend!

I'm also posting a pic of me and Amanda sitting in our garden - can't quite remember when it was taken but I reckon I must have been about 14 or 15 so Amanda would have been about 10 or 11 - she's on the left and I'm the one in the VERY TRENDY pedal pushers and jacket ;)

This is great fun!

mishka
05-11-2006, 04:24 AM
Sue what a beautiful picture of you. Such a pretty face :)

Angelia
05-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Javede, you were such a lovely baby!!

And Sue, those are great photos of you! (and Amanda!) I had the Lady Di haircut, too...looked better on you and on her. :(

Kirochka
05-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Well, here I am, late to the thread... I already posted this in my blog a while back, but here it is again - some time in the early 1960s, with my brother on the right above me and three neighborhood kids. The father of the two sisters in the picture sent my mother this a couple of months ago... talk about a blast from the past. (Photo taken in Laurel, MD, where we lived at the time.)

mintdee
05-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I just love everyones pics! I have a few of the fam that I think I will share.
I never met Grandma Sara, she died when my dad was 9. But I have heard so much about her that I feel like I know her. I named my 7 yr old Sara in her honor :)

Angelia
05-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Oooh, your grandpa was a hottie! ;) And your dad!! How cute!! Oh, I love childhood photos of parents and grandparents! :heart:

WynnieG
05-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Cuuuute photos, mintdee! I esp. like the fat rolls on the baby legs!
(watch out, KK might come and nibble those knees off!) :roflhard:

CarmenIbanez
05-11-2006, 11:26 AM
I finally put up my new avatar in response to this thread. The full size pic is at home though, so I'll add it later. At least we'll always have this thread after KK starts the NEXT BIG AVATAR thing!!

:lol:

Speaking of KK, I think she has something with the 80s pic. Maybe we should all do teen pics next???

Kirochka
05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Teen pics!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarmenIbanez
05-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Teen pics!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See? It is just such a reaction that makes me think YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!! :roflhard:

Kirochka
05-11-2006, 11:35 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

(Actually, I'm not sure I have any teen pics... there are some, but my parents have them. I didn't ever particularly want copies! The late 1970s + braces = v. bad!)

CarmenIbanez
05-11-2006, 11:45 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

(Actually, I'm not sure I have any teen pics... there are some, but my parents have them. I didn't ever particularly want copies! The late 1970s + braces = v. bad!)

The 80s weren't so great either. But we were young and beautiful. Man I had no appreciation for that. We spend our teen years thinking we're never good enough, and the rest of our lives wishing we looked like that again! :-)

Jan in CA
05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
The 80s weren't so great either. But we were young and beautiful. Man I had no appreciation for that. We spend our teen years thinking we're never good enough, and the rest of our lives wishing we looked like that again! :-)

That is SO true! I've tried to impress this on my girls, but I guess it's just something we all go through. :rollseyes:

Julie
05-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I've jumped on the bandwagon too... :D

Andrea
05-11-2006, 12:48 PM
:cheering: Julie! :cheering:

Julie
05-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Ahhh...here's where I spent 90% of my childhood...

jelly
05-11-2006, 02:07 PM
me in first grade - 1976

my mother TORTURED me by forcing me to sleep in rollers every night to make my hair curly

http://static.flickr.com/10/21024077_f943731a58_m.jpg

carollovesyarn
05-11-2006, 04:27 PM
never mind

Angelia
05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
I've posted one teen pic in my blog...80s perm. Ack! :shock: Many of my HS photos are missing, and I don't know where to look for them. :(

gardenmommy
05-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Criminy, I have only one baby picture of myself that I know of, and of course I have no idea where it is at the moment...everything else is at Mom & Dad's! I'll have to keep looking...

sara_jayne
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Everyone is just soooo adorable!

gardenmommy
05-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Yay! I found it.

Don'tcha hate it when you have this thing on your mind you HAVE to get done, no matter how silly it is?

Ingrid
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
That's not silly, it's downright jolly!

I've said it before, but I love this thread! :happydance:

Angelia
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Aw, Kristen, look at that chubby cuteness!! You were a jolly, happy, absolutely adorable baby! :inlove:

bjc1050
05-12-2006, 08:40 AM
A couple more photos.

Angelia
05-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Aw, Beverly! :heart: And how cute to go to Atlantic City for perms! :rofling:

bjc1050
05-12-2006, 09:22 AM
My grandmother lived in Absecon, NJ. My sister and I spent summers with her until she had a series of strokes when I was about 8 or 9 years old. Then I spent summers with Aunt's family in the second photo. Her husband (my uncle) must have been the camera man since he's not in the pic.

Don't know what perms cost back then, but it was a real splurge for my grandmother. Think that was before Soc. Sec. was commonly collected and grandmother was a widow and not old enough for Soc. Sec. anyway.

bjc1050
05-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Found another photo.

Angelia
05-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Oh how sweet you look!! I love that photo!

cookworm
05-18-2006, 08:21 AM
i was delighted by the absolute gaudiness of it!
Brendajos, my sister and I "fought" over a gaudy grape lamp my grandma had when she moved! :rofling: It was the more nostalgia thing I think. Anyway, my mom blasphemously THREW THE LAMP IN THE GARBAGE (the nerve of her!!!), and what do you think my sister gave to me a couple of years ago for a birthday gift? You guessed it--a lamp very close to Grandma's (they really DO have everything on eBay!) :roflhard: My other grandma used to have a ceramic frog much like the one in your pic except it was smaller and sat on her kitchen table; it had an open mouth and she used it to hold pens and pencils. Now I'm all nostalgic again! :lol:

cookworm
05-18-2006, 09:02 AM
I couldn't help joining in! Hope I do this right....

Angelia
05-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Adorable! I love the "spider web"! :rofling:

beckyrhae
05-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I finally found my pictures!! They were hiding on a disk.

Here I am at about 2. :)

I have so many more, but I will have to control myself from becoming a post whore. LOL

Angelia
05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Oh, what a sweet face!! :inlove: :inlove:

Chel
05-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Thought I'd join in the fray...

Angelia
05-28-2006, 08:29 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I want to pinch those cheeks!! :inlove: