PDA

View Full Version : Eek! I just lost my post!

careynev
05-12-2006, 10:55 AM
:thinking:

I just wrote a post, and "saved" it as a draft, but it's not coming up when I do a "view your drafts and posts" thingy. Phooey!

Well, in doing the first post, I learned how to add links, so now this will go smoother...I think.

I'm a nerdy librarian and part-time graphic designer who lives in Virginia. I'm married to an even nerdier PhD student (20th Century American Political History). We're the proud parents of a 2-year old Lab-mutt named Henry (http://www.dogster.com/?208855) who keeps us amused and exhausted.

I've been knitting for about 10 years. I've always had trouble with making clothes to fit, so I've fallen in love with shawls and wraps because size isn't so much of an issue, but you can still do challenging things like lace, etc.

But I did just finish a sweater for Nerdy Hubby that actually fits...only took 2 go-rounds for that one. :blush:

I've been a member of the Knitters Review forums for years, but just recently started posting comments...looking for help, mostly. So I'm thrilled to come to this forum where the name includes the word "help!"

I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions...I'm going to start a major fair isle project in the fall...my first one. Get ready, everyone! :D

dustinac
05-12-2006, 10:59 AM
:waving: Welcome to the forum!!! :cheering:

aww Henry is so cute :heart: !!

rebecca
05-12-2006, 11:26 AM
:waving: Welcome, welcome :waving: to the forum! Looking forward to getting to know you! Love Henry...he looks like a big babydoll ;) We LOVE our pets around here, too :thumbsup: As will see....we have a thread with their pics :D

Ingrid
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Welcome! I'm a big fan of Fair Isle, too, so if you have any questions, this is certainly the forum to ask them.

Lots of laughs, too. ;)

RachelJean
05-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome, you'll love it here. I'm planning to start a fair-isle project this fall also - a vest. Right now since it's almost summer, I'm knitting a top in cotton yarn.

nicolethegeek
05-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Welcome! :waving:

careynev
05-13-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the great greetings--I love how friendly crafters can be! AND how pet-friendly we all are.

Thanks, too, for the comments on Henry--he's a pain in the butt, but he's also so sweet. Hopefully the neuroses will calm down as he ages...maybe. :rollseyes:

Now I have to decide whether I'm going to spend my day out and about, or sitting on the couch knitting...it's a tough call, let me tell you! ;)