PDA

View Full Version : Cascade 220 superwash

Jan in CA
05-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Has anyone ever used this yarn? Is it soft? I got an email this morning and this is a pretty good deal based on prices I found online.
Cascade 220 superwash at One Fine Yarn (http://www.onefineyarn.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GRABBAG9) [/url]

geekgolightly
05-12-2006, 05:12 PM
its soft for wool. its not alpaca soft! i like it.

geekgolightly
05-12-2006, 05:14 PM
http://www.yarn.com/yarns-knitting/cascade.html

this isnt the superwash but right now this deal cant be beat for cascade.

IrishBaby
It feels fairly soft, but does not wear well at all. It actually gets rougher and pillier as it ages.

I really believe that you get what you pay for. (Unless you find a top quality yarn on major clearance!) You will never regret knitting with the good stuff. :)

(And 220 is only the good stuff if you are felting.)

Jan in CA
Thanks! I might have to try some... :thinking:

I just found this, too! Such pretty colors!
Ornaghi Filati Cabo Verde (http://www.onefineyarn.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=OFCV)

geekgolightly
05-12-2006, 05:15 PM
It feels fairly soft, but does not wear well at all. It actually gets rougher and pillier as it ages.

I really believe that you get what you pay for. (Unless you find a top quality yarn on major clearance!) You will never regret knitting with the good stuff. :)

thats good to know bc i was planning on buying some for a sweater. i like the way it feels at the store.

geekgolightly
05-12-2006, 05:17 PM

what about the lambs pride. how does that hold up for a sweater?

Jan in CA
05-12-2006, 06:08 PM

Ahhh good to know! Thanks!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I agree. I was working on a sock in C220 Superwash, and I kept ripping back (first sock!) and the more I used the yarn the "fuzzier" it became. I ended up abandoning the sock, because I thought the pilling would get worse faster on a sock. It IS very soft though. A hat might be a better accessory :-)

madhanahari
05-12-2006, 07:01 PM
this yarn is good for bags . i made couple of bags with it. came out really good

IrishBaby
05-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Lambs Pride definitely wears better than 220. It is 15% mohair, and mohair adds luster and strength to wool. For a few hundred years, mohair was used in high end upholstery for its softness and durability.