PDA

View Full Version : My newest felted bags - I'm obsessed

Anniknits
05-14-2006, 03:49 PM
I've got obsessed with knitting and felting bags lately now that I've finally found some great wool to knit with and got the felting technique right. Here's my latest creations.

Candy bag: My own design knitted in Artesano Alpaca Inca Cloud

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/Knits123/candybag.jpg

This one is green bag - Sophie bag from Black Sheep bags, middle one is a larger Booga and the blue one is the regular Booga.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/Knits123/3feltedbags.jpg

They're all knitted in hand dyed wool from Natural Dye Studio on Ebay UK.

And here's my latest creation. The felted sheep tote from Fiber Trends but it's without the Sheep. KNitted it in Debbie Bliss Maya and it came out a lot smaller than the pattern although I stretched it as muchas Icould.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/Knits123/purplepinksheeptote.jpg

Now I'm working on another Sophie bag in light blue Maya. Nearly finished.

Secksiebrat
05-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Wow these are beautiful! I think I know where to go when I'm ready for a new bag :) One day I'll get brave enough to try knitting a bag and then felting!

~danielle~

Anniknits
05-14-2006, 03:58 PM
It's really easy and there are so many free patgterns available online. Try the Booga bag to start with, it 's so easy.

Totalele
05-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Those are gorgeous!! I'm completely obcessed with felted bags too... is all I knit lately..

:heart: :heart:

nanonette
05-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Beautiful work!!! Love your bags!! :thumbsup:

Celine
05-14-2006, 05:17 PM
wow...they all look great!! You'll have a new bag for every day of the week. :XX: :XX:

Andrea
05-14-2006, 05:40 PM
They are gorgeous!! :inlove: I am also obsessed with felted bags! And they really make the best gifts!

Danielle
05-14-2006, 08:44 PM
Those look great!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IrishBaby
05-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Fabulous bags!

Jan in CA
05-14-2006, 11:21 PM
Those are terrific!

photogirl72
05-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow, those are amazing!!!!

nicolethegeek
05-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Way too cool! :thumbsup:

Holly
05-15-2006, 11:20 AM
:heart: your bags! I'm also really enjoying creating felted bags! Now that I understand the basic construction, I'm starting to get ideas for creating my own :D . I love the felted tote for the Denise needles that is posted on the patterns thread -- and I'd really like to learn how to insert that zipper.

I like that there is so much room for creativity when making bags, and they are small enough projects that they are easy to finish without getting bored. I'd like to experiment with sewn linings with custom pockets (as for a knitting bag).

Anniknits
05-15-2006, 03:01 PM
:D Thank you to everyone for your kind compliments. I've finished another bag today. It's the Sophie bag from Black Sheep bags in a lovely pale blue colour. Drying at the moment. I'll post a pic when I get around to taking more photos. Also working on my own pattern design for a felted 'across-the-body' bag with severap pockets. Have been toying with the idea of trying to design some more patterns and selling them. I've designed lots of bag patterns in novelty yarns and eyelash yarns to sell on my website but I now fancy having a go at designing my own felted bags.

Cathybuck
05-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm making the sheep bag too, and am working on the front pocket right now. The upper edge of the bag curled under as soon as I bound it off - which I guess I could expect because it's stockinette. Does anyone know if it will felt OK or will the curled-under part felt that way?

Amber
05-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Gorgeous! I love them all!! :inlove:

Anniknits
05-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Thank you. Cathy, the pattern says to do garter stitch on the top of the actual bag and pockets or at least my pattern did. I used the Fiber Trends Sheep Tote pattern. If it curls under when you felt it you can try and uncurl it again. Or try ironing it flat before you wash it to see if that'll prevent it from happening. Good luck.

rebecca
05-16-2006, 12:12 PM
:D I love them, great work :thumbsup:

WynnieG
05-16-2006, 12:15 PM
Great stuff Anni, and you've inspired me to pick up a Black Sheep Amanda backpack pattern!

(so many yarn/pattern/gadget enablers here....LOL)

sparkei49
05-16-2006, 03:41 PM
I LOVE MAKING THE FELTED BAGS TOO. I'M ON MY THIRD ONE AND CAN'T WAIT TO FINISH IT AND MOVE ON TO THE NEXT ONE. THEY ARE SO EASY AND REWARDING. MY FRIENDS ARE ALL WANTING TO BUY THEM FROM ME. I'VE CHECKED ON EBAY ABOUT SELLING THEM, BUT SADLY THEY JUST DON'T SELL FOR WHAT THEY ARE REALLY WORTH. I GUESS YOU HAVE TO SEE THEM IN PERSON TO REALLY APPRECIATE THEM. :XX:

Anniknits
05-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree Sparkei. I've listed some of my novelty yarn bags on Ebay recently and they've not sold. Listed two felted bags today so will see how it goes. I use it as a way of promoting my website as I mention that in my listing. Fingers crossed.

Just felted another bag. I knitted it in Debbie Bliss Maya and designed the pattern myself. Just off to get it out of washing machine now. will post photo tomorrow. :XX:

sparkei49
05-16-2006, 04:50 PM
GOOD LUCK ON EBAY. GIVE ME AN ITEM NUMBER AND I'LL PUT YOU IN AS A FAVORITE SELLER. I'LL TRY AND POST PICS OF MY PURSES TOO. :XX:

Pink Dandelion
05-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Lovely bags!! I especially like the sheep tote! :thumbsup:

I've also fallen in love with felting! I've made just enough now to see the different ways of doing things so I can enjoy making a few of my own patterns :D . My favorite part is the felting process, dropping something all stringy and blobby in the washer and taking it out all tight and smooth.

Good luck on Ebay!!

Cathybuck
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Anni, you said ... the pattern says to do garter stitch on the top of the actual bag and pockets or at least my pattern did.

Uh-oh! Mine did too. :doh: Obviously I didn't read the pattern carefully enough. I think I'll have to do some serious ripping, which is going to be a pain because I got fancier than I should've with the handle and picked up stitches on the end for it. Now that you said that, I can see the garter rows on top of your bag.

Oh, well - think I'll start ripping.

kemp
05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Wow...they're awesome! I'm quite addicted to felting too. So much so that my DH worries about the washer :rollseyes: