PDA

View Full Version : OT: LOST

feministmama
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Does anyone watch this show? Can someone explain it to me?

Jan in CA
05-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Explain it to you? :?? Have you watched it from the beginning?

feministmama
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Yes I have!!!I mean what is Mmicheal up to? Why did he shoot Anna Lousia? Libby was an acccident I get that (poor Hurley!) And what is up with John and Ecko. Is this all just a game? Is it a plot to see how the folks on the island can go mad? And where are the monsters? What is up with "the others?" are they part of the con? Where is Walt? Why was there a polar bear on a tropical island? Why do the others want to steal babies?

These are just a few of my questions. :shock:

Jan in CA
05-16-2006, 02:13 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Yes I have!!!I mean what is Mmicheal up to? Why did he shoot Anna Lousia? Libby was an acccident I get that (poor Hurley!) And what is up with John and Ecko. Is this all just a game? Is it a plot to see how the folks on the island can go mad? And where are the monsters? What is up with "the others?" are they part of the con? Where is Walt? Why was there a polar bear on a tropical island? Why do the others want to steal babies?

These are just a few of my questions. :shock:

Okay first of all... there are no explanations for some things..it's right up there with why airplanes don't fall out of the sky. :roflhard:

Here's my take...

I think Michael has been brainwashed. I believe he shot Anna for two reasons, one because she was there at the wrong time and two because she was there and it fit in with his plans to make it look like the prisoner shot several people in his escape.

Ecko is apparently having visions of some kind, but it's not explained fully yet. John tends to explore the island and knows where some things are like the plane with the heroin so he's a logical choice to take. He also tends to be more visionary and has different views of what is on the island than other surivors.

All this being said though..there is no clear explanation for anything. You know as much as anyone else about the monsters and others. I think the only plot is by the writers to get us to keep watching! It's working! :lol:

Calabaza
05-16-2006, 02:13 PM
I think it has something to do with spirtuallty (sp? sorry I can't spell worth crap) because they talk about people being good, and bad. So maybe the kids aren't old enough to have been judged?? Or I think it has something to do with survival of the fittist??

Thats just my thought..I love the show and can't wait till Wensday!!

Jess

Pixywhispers
05-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh man, my mom got me hooked to it. We just finished the last disc of season one and are patiently awaiting Season 2 to disk. Its gona be a long couple of years. I guess we will never catch up. Is season 2 being rerun anywhere?

mulene
05-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Ooooh you hit ona topic I like ;) (apart from knitting of course). I didn't watch ANY of season 1 then when my leg went all gammy a few weeks ago I watched seaon 1 in a marathon. I was hooked! So I'm now up to the same point that you are in season 2 (I have my ways!).

Anyway, I think that Alvar Hanso is Locke's father (Anthony Cooper) and its all getting a bit creepy now. I think Michael has been promised Walt back, and was told that AL was not a good one (she killed 2 of the others - the guy in the jungle when they went to get to higher ground - can't remember his name LOL and one of them when they attacked Eko / their camp one night). Fenry (fake Henry Gale) did say she was bad and tried to kill her too.

Michael apologised before he shot AL (Libby was surely an 'accident' - reaction to her in wrong place at wrong time) but I think that the reason he said "sorry" before he shot her was that he did feel sorry but that the only thing he wants is his son back. He would kill to get him back.

We know the pearl station is an observation station, so I think Fenry was under observation by 'the others' to ensure he did what he was sent to do (get Locke). When he failed, they sent Michael back out telling him to free Fenry and lead the other losties to the others =D

It's all a trap!

mulene
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh man, my mom got me hooked to it. We just finished the last disc of season one and are patiently awaiting Season 2 to disk. Its gona be a long couple of years. I guess we will never catch up. Is season 2 being rerun anywhere?

I believe you can watch the episodes for free on the ABC web site :) Open to US residents only.

mks22300
05-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Lost is my favorite-est show!! :cheering:
I too think Michael has been brainwashed or maybe even threatened. If he doesn't do what the Others told him to do, perhaps they told him Walt would be killed. Anyway, I think he's leading them into a trap (Sayid thinks so too, according to the trailer).
It still upsets me though because I thought there would be more devleopment in Libby's story. I was so hoping that Locke and Ecko would look at tapes or something and find out that Michael was the one that shot Ana Lucia and Libby.

carollovesyarn
05-17-2006, 08:46 PM
My mom thinks they're in Purgatory until they come to a realization (epiphany?).

Jan in CA
05-17-2006, 08:50 PM
My mom thinks they're in Purgatory until they come to a realization (epiphany?).

:?? I don't think there is anything remotely religious, but it's nice that it leaves it all open for many interpretations...also keeps us going back week after week! :lol:

mulene
05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't think its religious but agree it leaves lots open to interpretation. There are so many theories out there =D

I have to say the format works very well - a cliffhanger one week something poignant the next =D Keeps us wanting more more more!

ladyindica2000
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Oh, I LOVE Lost!! Last nights show was good... but... Next weeks show looks awesome!! I can't wait. What a cliff hanger they gave us in the previews. It looks like we get to find out what happened to the plane to cause the crash and what's on the boat. Ohhhhh... I am so excited. Anyone else??

mulene
05-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I am too! I have yet to see last nights episode.. I have to wait a bit longer before I get to see it =P I can't wait to see it though and nor can I wait for the finale!

Carol_OH
05-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Did you know if you missed an episode of "LOST" you can watch it on your computer!?!? Check out the ABC web site

:D

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!

rebecca
05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Never seen it....but, I am hooked on Top Chef :thumbsup:

mulene
05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Did you know if you missed an episode of "LOST" you can watch it on your computer!?!? Check out the ABC web site

:D

I LOVE THAT SHOW!!!

Yep but ONLY if you live in the USA!

Carol_OH
05-18-2006, 02:16 PM
drat! :(

Julie
05-18-2006, 02:51 PM
FWIW, the producers have said repeatedly that it's not purgatory...that's a pretty popular theory. :D

VickiIL
05-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Lost is MY FAVORITE program!!! I am completely hooked! Anyways. Micheal was told he needs to bring back Sawyer, Hurley, Kate, and Jack or never see Walt again. He was also suppose to see to it that Henry escaped. Micheal will do what ever to get him back. Henry is part of the others.

Idon't think the experiment has ended. The others have been giving Walt Tests. Miss Clue kept asking Micheal all these questions about seeing Walt where he shouldn't have been (Remember Shannon kept seeing him even after he had been taken.) Also food is continuing to come with the Dharma symbol on it so someone is sending this food and supplies. They also know all about the castaways. Including Sawyer's real name that he hasn't revealed to anyone (as far as I can remember.)

I also agree that there is a spiritual element. Although not spiritual in then sense of purgatory or any one religions view but rather spiritual in a broader sense. Not quite sure how yet.

mulene
05-19-2006, 08:57 AM
I saw the episode last night =D I am glad I have someone around who knows how to do these things =P

Anyway, Sawyers name was revealed to Kate and it is also on the flight manifest.

I don't remember WHO had the manifest, but Hurley got it from someone. Also, Ethan had time to infiltrate them well right from the first night, and it was a long time before they realised there were "others" on the island (not till after Sayid returned from meeting Dominique).

Michael looked so evil when he said "its ok you can come" to Sayid like he was plotting how to get rid of him en route :rofling:

The whole Walt is special thing was implanted back in season one when he was at home and his mother and her husband were talking they were ignoring Walt. He made a bird crash into a window. When he went to Michael and said "you take him" he mentioned there was something strange about that kid.

I love it - love how it is all panning out. Can't wait forthe last two episodes of this season.. then we have the whole summer to go without any Lost!!

I also read the Lost TV forums - great fan site with lots of speculation =D

Jan in CA
05-19-2006, 11:13 AM
The whole Walt is special thing was implanted back in season one when he was at home and his mother and her husband were talking they were ignoring Walt. He made a bird crash into a window. When he went to Michael and said "you take him" he mentioned there was something strange about that kid.

:shock: I don't remember that! :shock:

Jackie M.
05-19-2006, 11:14 AM
LOL.....you will see that in my profile, one of my interest other than knitting is "Lost". I get so excited on Wednesdays just knowing it's coming on. What do I do now that summer is here? I guess I can knit other things. It's hard to knit and watch Lost at the same time. I make too many mistakes.

HollyP
05-19-2006, 12:16 PM
It's hard to knit and watch Lost at the same time. I make too many mistakes. Me too!!
I was working on a baby sweater last week during Lost and was horribly wrong by the end of the episode. This week I put my knitting down and watched. Much better, no frogging involved!

mulene
05-20-2006, 12:06 PM
:shock: I don't remember that! :shock:

You know why I do remember it? I marathoned season 1 a couple of weeks ago which is what got me majorly into it and made me get up to date with US viewers :roflhard:

Oh and to clarify the "when he went to Michael and said you take him" I meant Brian (the husband of Walt's mother) said that to Michael!

Hrm Lost wiki.. lemme look up the episode =D

It was season 1 episode 14 the episode was called "Special" heres the synopsis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Episodes_of_Lost_%28season_1%29#Special) where it tells us about the bird into the window =D He's a special boy that Walt!

feministmama
05-21-2006, 04:38 PM
It's all walt's dream!!! Abd what was going on with Libby in Hurley's hospital? And then they kill her off? I was so sad for Hurley. :crying:

Julie
05-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I can knit during Lost...but I can't during 24! It messes with my tension! :shock:

DotMom61
05-21-2006, 06:59 PM
First of all, let me apologize, but I'm about to hijack this thread. :D

You see there are certain people around here who are giving me a hard time because I haven't had a chance to post pictures of the IL gathering yesterday. So, I decided I would hide them. :figureditout: This seemed like the most logical place.

I was going to sign in under an assumed name, but I thought that would just be too mean. :lol:

Thanks, Femi, for letting me borrow your space. For what it's worth: I *love* Lost, but I've only watched the 1st season on DVD. I'm waiting for them to start the re-runs of the 2nd season so I can watch it from the beginning.

And here are the pics, which were posted in a different thread, but since everyone was ... ahem ... picking on me, I moved 'em (bwah ha ha ha):

OK, I finally got a minute to post a few pics.

First ... Hide's surprise ... Where Hilde receives a hand-made birthday gift from Kelly:

I really wanted to make a slideshow of these, but I don't have time to futz around with it. So just scroll through these really fast to get the same effect.

http://static.flickr.com/49/150406330_5c50f7d518_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotmom61/150406330/)
http://static.flickr.com/29/150406364_f4bc896563_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotmom61/150406364/)
http://static.flickr.com/51/150406430_84cd660b09_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotmom61/150406430/)
http://static.flickr.com/49/150406573_c7fcea8894_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotmom61/150406573)

I really wanted to make a slideshow of these, but I don't have time to futz around with it. So just scroll through these really fast to get the same effect.

More later ... gotta fix dinner and mow the lawn. :rollseyes:

carollovesyarn
05-21-2006, 07:31 PM
nippies?! And one's pre-tweaked? They look perpetually excited.

Danielle
05-21-2006, 07:32 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

Pixywhispers
05-21-2006, 08:49 PM
DM, :rofling: .

And for all the "others", heh, if you can't wait like my family, we bought season two off itunes. :)

www.itunes.com

Jan in CA
05-21-2006, 10:09 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: too funny, Julie!

DotMom61
05-21-2006, 10:44 PM
DM, :rofling: .

And for all the "others", heh, if you can't wait like my family, we bought season two off itunes. :)

www.itunes.com

You can *do* that?!!! I'm so excited! I might just have to take the plunge. How much is it?

Julie
05-21-2006, 11:13 PM
$1.99 per episode.

Pixywhispers
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Dh says you can buy an episode at a time for $2 something, or all the episodes for about $40.

DotMom61
05-21-2006, 11:32 PM
:shock: But I'm too cheap for that! :roflhard:

I guess I'll just watch for the reruns & hope they play them in order.

Pixywhispers
05-21-2006, 11:45 PM
heh, I understand. DH knew I'd nix the idea, so he did it without my vote. :rollseyes:

heh, but I'm secretly pleased.

KellyK
05-22-2006, 12:28 AM
They are PASTIES. And I decided that I-cord was just FUNNIER than tassels. I thought since they get so much air-time here, it was appropriate to make a birthday pressie for Hildie's boobs.

Julie.....I suppose that, since you have recently been named my adopted big sister, you DO have a lifetime of little sister torture to make up for. So, I forgive you. :rollseyes:

AnreeAce
05-22-2006, 01:55 AM
Oh, me too!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Angelia
05-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Love the pasties!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

HeatherFeather
05-22-2006, 08:01 AM
I can't see the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DotMom61
05-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Julie.....I suppose that, since you have recently been named my adopted big sister, you DO have a lifetime of little sister torture to make up for. So, I forgive you. :rollseyes:

:mrgreen:

I've never been able to pull off the Big Sister torture thing before. Aren't you proud of me?

I have more pictures to post, but I also have a full day ahead of me. I'll get to them as soon as I can, and I'll post them in a reasonable location. Although the entertainment value of all of this may just force me to hide them again. :roflhard:

Oh, and Heather, what do you see when you look @ the post? The pictures should show up in the post, but you might be able to click on them to get to them. They're linked to their picture page in Flickr. I'll also double check and make sure they are marked as "public" there.

I'm considering switching to PhotoBucket because Flickr is now enforcing their stipulation that images posted outside of Flickr must be linked back to their photo page, and that's pretty much a PITA.

HeatherFeather
05-22-2006, 09:56 AM
just empty blank space...no X, nuttin....it happened in another post too. :( I even switched over to IE...maybe my cache is full...i'll check that. DS has been banned from puter, so I'm thinking that's not it.

DotMom61
05-22-2006, 05:52 PM
:?? Interesting, Heather.

Is anyone else having trouble viewing them?

carollovesyarn
05-22-2006, 08:26 PM
There's no way I would have guessed knit nippies, er, pasties without seeing the pics. :rofling:

Heather Feather - can you see any pics? Like the avatars?

HeatherFeather
05-22-2006, 09:06 PM
avatars yes, pics in the posts, no.

carollovesyarn
05-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, in IE I know one thing to check. Click on Tools in the menu bar, select Internet Options, then click on Advanced tab, and under the settings for Multimedia, make sure the 'Show pictures' is checked.

Oh, and when you cleared the cache, did you also delete all offline content as well?

feministmama
05-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I see the pictures! OY! Hmmm...Something to knit for next episode of Lost? :thinking:

HeatherFeather
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Ok, I've deleted the cache, and made sure that box was checked...
and still no pics..BUT when I go to other posts(such as the whatcha making)...they are there...curious curious curious....

DotMom61
05-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Heather --

Got to the Attention ILLINOIS knitters thread (General Knitting) and tell me if you can see the pics there. I attached those rather than putting links to my Flickr photos.

Any luck?

HeatherFeather
05-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Yep, see those just fine..
but just not the link to flicker...maybe it has something to do with the links...but the link to the booties in the other post I could see...

ack...it's just bizzare...i'll muddle through.