PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Keep Kitty out of your work??

Illinois Mom
05-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Ha! New to Knitting and a New kitty mom too! I know you can't possibly keep them away - but Mr. Knightley LOVES my knitting!! Sure he looks cute now............Well, I cant figure out how to insert a picture - YET. [/img]

Ingrid
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
When we first got my cat, she was a royal pain when it came to chasing the moving yarn and needles. It took a lot of chasing her away, and now she doesn't bother me while I'm knitting; but if I happen to be trailing a strand, she'll chase it. She has taken over two baskets of yarn (luckily cheap-o stuff) to the point they became hers.

I can't leave finished work out or she'll curl up on it, but I can't blame her for that.

feministmama
05-16-2006, 04:23 PM
A squirty water bottle.

samm
05-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Our little dog who thinks the cats are for playing with lies beside me when I knit. And they leave me alone because they really don't want to play with him! Works for me! samm

dustinac
05-16-2006, 04:40 PM
A squirty water bottle.

:rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

My kitty cat likes to chew on my yarn.. I'll be knitting away then come a wet broken end while he has the other part in his mouth.. so I do use the water bottle figure thats better for him than an upset tummy... also anything I'm working on I put in a zip loc bag.. that way if he gets in my basket its protected from cat fur a little..

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-16-2006, 08:02 PM
I can't keep my kitties out of my work. I've learned to hide yarn in creative places.

WynnieG
05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
A friend of mine tried putting all her yarn away in a wicker basket with the lid, like a laundry basket. This worked well until she got into spinning...and then they just attacked the yarn while she was trying to spin it.

This is why I have a lazy dog.

AnreeAce
05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
:shock:

Geeze Hildie, if that was MY yarn I'd be searching the internet for Kitty CrockPot recipes!

WynnieG
05-16-2006, 09:04 PM
If it had been mmmmmmalabrigo, Cheddy would have been served with broccoli. Guaranteed. :roflhard:

Katheros
05-16-2006, 09:21 PM
My cat is so bass ackwards. She doesn't bother my yarn. Occassionally she'll bat at an end. She does like to curl up in my lap while I knit though, and purrs when I hit her in the head with a needle or two.

However with bad kitty behavior in the past, I have utilized the squirt bottle/gun with much successs.

jdee
05-16-2006, 10:04 PM
My cats have been shooed away so much. Annie, my tortie girl, likes to stick her paw into the back of my skein of yarn, and pull out the insides. :doh: I've learned how to detect when she's got mischief on the mind, and I shoo her away. The rest of the cats don't give me too many problems...unless I set my work down to go get something. Ya gotta love em, though. :lol:

Illinois Mom
05-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Here is Mr. Knightley - just waiting for me to pick up my knitting!

Thanks for the great ideas!

Illinois Mom
05-16-2006, 10:26 PM
BTW, how do you all get your photos the right size for posting???

Ingrid
05-16-2006, 10:32 PM
:shock: That picture looks like he's about to tear your heart out rather than mess with your knitting!

AnreeAce
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
:twisted:

Devil Cat!

EmilyKaye
05-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Ok, I know this is about pets, but all I have to say is the pic of the cat with the pink yarn everywhere is the animal version of my son! I broke down and gave him this old scrap ball of acrylic that I used to learn knitting, and on a daily basis I have to try to unwind him, furniture, and other odds and ends out of it. I've resorted to cutting him out....But at least he doesn't mess with me for the 20-30 odd minutes I get to knit with him around!

Illinois Mom
05-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Nooooooooooo.........he's just a baby, really. i just made that picture look, well, kinda evil. maybe there is a sweeter one... I just dont know how to make my pictures look normal. I cant attach them unless I crop the heck out of them to make them 256K for attaching.':rollseyes:'

aylaanne
05-17-2006, 01:12 AM
If you upload your pictures to imageshack.us they can resize them automatically for you.

Sue Madelin
05-17-2006, 06:12 AM
If all else fails you can always send kitty to me :D ;)

Illinois Mom
05-17-2006, 08:18 AM
If all else fails you can always send kitty to me :D ;)

Hmmmmm... where kitty goes children go! ;)

Thanks for the link to imageshack!!! :D

HollyP
05-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Your kitty looks so sweet in the second picture!

Here (http://www.resize2mail.com/) is another resizer I have used in the past with good luck.

jdee
05-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Awww! Your kitty is adorable! :inlove:

sfavereau
05-17-2006, 11:29 AM
My cat is so bass ackwards. She doesn't bother my yarn. Occassionally she'll bat at an end. She does like to curl up in my lap while I knit though, and purrs when I hit her in the head with a needle or two.
Sounds like my dog! He loves to lay next to me on the couch and get hit with a needle. The other thing he likes is to have the working yarn on him while he sleeps. Guess the constant movement of the yarn is soothing to him, because he always wakes up if I stop.

Norman
05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
I wrote a script once that resized pics for Posting and for Avatars.. but alas it has gone unused..

BTW.. LOVE The kittie :D

brendajos
05-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Nooooooooooo.........he's just a baby, really. i just made that picture look, well, kinda evil. maybe there is a sweeter one... I just dont know how to make my pictures look normal. I cant attach them unless I crop the heck out of them to make them 256K for attaching.':rollseyes:'

instead of cropping the heck out of them (which i use to do!) try saving them for web or e-mail view instead. there should be an option in your editing software that will allow for that. Mine is in the "save copy as" menu. it will generally ask you how big you want it to be then.

Duckling326
05-18-2006, 12:54 AM

However with bad kitty behavior in the past, I have utilized the squirt bottle/gun with much successs.

My three cats aren't not interested in my yarn or needles either. My boy cat Toby will lay in my lap and occasionally bat at the needles but he prefers to just sleep. My girls Kacy and Phoebe aren't interested at all.

Katheros
05-18-2006, 01:36 AM
It's good to know my cat isn't completely insane.. just mostly insane.. :)

melissa.atkins
05-18-2006, 01:46 AM
How Do You Keep Kitty out of your work??

Quick answer: You CANT!! :rofling: