PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Pittsburgh ,PA

Goldkeeper
05-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I found your site , and I just wanted to say Hi..I have been crocheting for a long time and I know the basic of knitting but very rusty ..needed a little help to get going again ..great site!!! :thumbsup:

Ingrid
05-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Welcome! Come on in and join the fun! :waving:

Danielle
05-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi! :waving:
Welcome to the forum! :D

rebecca
05-20-2006, 12:47 PM
:waving: Hey & welcome to the forum!!!

kemp
05-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Hello and welcome! :waving:

Goldkeeper
05-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the nice welcome.. :waving:
It's been frustrating learning how to knit :frog:
I have seen the videos and they have helped me a great deal ..I would love to make some socks but I am still having trouble with 2 needles I can't imagine trying to knit with 4 or 5 .. :roflhard:

Ana

Celine
05-21-2006, 08:49 AM
You'll love it here!! :cheering: This is my favorite site of all. I am "here" often every day...when I should be doing some housework. :roflhard:

I learned how to knit socks in the Fall from the Toe Up method by taking classes at my local yarn shop. Do you have a LYS? They usually even have "help" classes. Hopefully there is one in your area. Maybe classes would help you out too.

Have fun here. :XX: :XX:

Goldkeeper
05-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks Celine

I did find a couple of places by me in Barnes and Nobles that have knitting clubs once a month I am going to try to make one of them..Here is a picture of my last knitting project it is a bath mat ..I found Bernat Velour chenille yarn at a dollar store it is so thick and soft. I did crochet the edges on it though.. :happydance:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/goldkeeper1/CRAFTS/IMG_5660.jpg

Nikki
05-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi, you are going to love this place, it's so great. For socks try Silver's tutorial, it's pretty great too. I did one sock with her tute and then made a pair out of real sock yarn for my grandson.
Glad you're with us,
Nikki

nicolethegeek
05-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Welcome! :waving: I crochet too, and so do quite a few of the members here, so you are far from alone!

Goldkeeper
05-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks Nkki and Nicole,

Well after my 16 year daughter told me that she needed a present for her friend's B-Day tomorrow I decided to give her a purse I crochet already but I though of also giving her a scarf to go with it and I got knitting at about 11am today and just finished it....I did not think I could knit that fast.. :XX: ..You think that will be OK for a 16 year old.. :oo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/goldkeeper1/CRAFTS/IMG_5662.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/goldkeeper1/CRAFTS/IMG_5666.jpg

AnreeAce
05-22-2006, 01:42 AM
..You think that will be OK for a 16 year old.. :oo:

It'll be more than just OK, she'll love it.

You've come to the right place, I'm constantly amazed at all the help and support here.

Welcome!

Nikki
05-22-2006, 08:08 AM
It's great and she will love it I'm sure! What a talent you have!
Nikki

Jan in CA
05-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Welcome! :waving:

knittingachiever
05-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi Goldkeeper!

Very nice work on the purse and scarf! :thumbsup:

I'm in the North Hills right now, but alas, hubby and I are moving to Texas next week! When you have a chance, check out our fantastics LYS's - Knit One in Shadyside, Yarns Unlimited in Sewickley (my favorite, but crappy hours), and, within walking distance of my house, Dyed in The Wool.

Goldkeeper
05-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks,and for the LYS ...Good Wishes on your move..I moved from Upstate , NY about 3 years ago to Verona,PA ..I had a LYS and a Quilting center that was walking distance from me too ..I really miss that :( ..

flecker
05-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi from Pittsburgh!
I usually just read the boards, but thought I would say hi! I grew up in the Monroeville, Wilkins Township area. Now, I live in Mount Pleasant. My aunt actually lives in Verona. I know there is an LYS in Monroeville. Up behind the big Giant Eagle. My mom loves it. They don't have the best hours so I haven't been in it, which is probably best. I don't believe they're open at all on Sunday, which is usaully my day to be out that way.

I know they offer a ton of different classes, though.

Good luck with the knitting--looks good to me.
Kim