PDA

View Full Version : has anyone tried this clog pattern ?

spooky
05-21-2006, 04:17 PM
I am really wanting to try a clog pattern. I have found this one

http://store.nobleknits.com/feclpabyfitr.html

and was wondering if anyone has ever done it before. I really am just a straight needle knitter but I think I could handle circular needles. Maybe :blush:

What do you think ? Oh btw I have never felted anything before either. Am I getting in over my head lol ?

Julie
05-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Why yes, as a matter of fact we have...

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2571

The FT Clog pattern is a thing of beauty!! :D

spooky
05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Coolies ! Would you say they were hard to make ? And what kind of yarn did you use ?

Sara
05-21-2006, 04:45 PM
Everything you need to know is in the knit-along thread. And many, many things you'll never need to know in your lifetime. You can use double stranded worsted weight. I used a bulky wool. It is very easy and very fast.

spooky
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Ok, I had to push myself but I just ordered the pattern lol. I hate having to buy patterns hehe. I like the freebies. So I would think that I will probably have it by next week.

Hope you guys are ready for questions soon lol. I always confuse myself even when the answer is right in front of my nose :roflhard: .

Ingrid
05-21-2006, 05:17 PM
It's not a hard pattern, but it does require concentration for a few of the rows. We all managed, you can too! Lots of people used WOTA and it worked beautifully.

spooky
05-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Coolies ! Took me a while to figure out what WOTA was but I finally realized it was Wool of the Andes. How much do you reccomend that I buy. I would like to try to get my yarn on the way while the pattern is being shipped to me also. Will I need to use 2 strands together with WOTA? Thank you so much !!! :XX:

Another thing is the needle needed. I was reading the blog thread and it looks like a size 13 .. 24 inch circular needle is needed. I have a size 13 .... 29 inch circular needle. I assume that is too big. I'll have to go out to A.C. Moore and pick up a 24 inch needle. I sure hope it isn't hard to find ;) .

Thank you !

spooky
05-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Each pair calls for 550 (600, 650) yards for the women's, and 750, 850 for the men's.

I just found that information on the ft blog thread, so I just bought 6 skeins of WOTA in the color tulip. I hope I just did the right thing lol. I figured I would have a little bit left over just in case I did a boo boo down the line.

Won't be knitting tonight lol. I burnt 2 of my fingers on the oven rack while trying to take out a backing sheet of bagel bites. Dang my hunger lol. Now I have to type with my fingernails hehe. ;)

Julie
05-21-2006, 08:13 PM
You can use the 29" circ if you want, but you won't be able to knit them in the round that way. Not that it's a big deal...the seam you'll need to sew at the end will be like an inch long. :D Just make sure you read all the instructions first, noting the part about knitting them flat instead of in the round. :thumbsup:

spooky
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh cool ! Thanks for the tip !!!

Ingrid
05-22-2006, 07:52 AM
I made Kelly's teeny clog flat and it really only changed the pattern on two rows, I think--just a matter of knitting and purling rows rather than knitting two in the round--not an issue at all.