PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

Nocturna
05-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, just introducing myself :D

I'm Andrea, a HS student from the verrrrry tip of S.Texas. I've been interested in knitting for a long time, but just learned the basics a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to learn cables right now (not exactly turning out as I had hoped, but I haven't given up yet!).

I found this site a couple of days ago, and you all seemed SO nice and encouraging that I decided to join. I'm soo glad I found this forum; even though I'm not very good at knitting (yet), I feel like I have every opportunity to get better cause of the help from you guys and the videos Amy put up. I hope I get to know all of you better!

Thanks in advance for the support :D

Julie
05-21-2006, 10:38 PM
:waving: Welcome to KH!

Danielle
05-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Hi Andrea! :waving:
Welcome to KH! :D

AnreeAce
05-22-2006, 01:51 AM
...I'm trying to learn cables right now (not exactly turning out as I had hoped, but I haven't given up yet!).

Don't give up! Cables are some of my favorite things in the world, and you'll feel like a total wizard once you get the hang of it.

...even though I'm not very good at knitting (yet), I feel like I have every opportunity to get better cause of the help from you guys and the videos Amy put up.

You've got that right! I've yet to see a question stump the experts here. Never be afraid to ask for help, the only foolish questions are the ones you don't ask.

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to our not-so-secret addiction! :waving:

Nikki
05-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Hi and welcome to KH! It's a great place to learn and hang out with really great people. Don't give up on the cables, they are simple once you get the idea of them.
Nikki

njknitter
05-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Welcome! Consider yourself both smart and lucky to begin knitting at this point in your life! You'll be amazed at what you can create as well as the total satisfaction that comes from knitting!!

Lynn

kemp
05-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi Andrea! :waving: you'll be able to lots of help here if you need it :)

rebecca
05-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey Andrea :waving: Looking forward to getting to know you ;)

Nocturna
05-22-2006, 05:32 PM
:waving:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm so excited about the purse I'm making (it requires cables though... eek). I'm still working on learning cables right now, and its getting better! I have a feeling I'll have a cute little purse in no time. :D

How long have all of you been knitting?

kemp
05-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Don't worry too much about the cables. You won't believe how easy they are yet they look so cool.

CarmenIbanez
05-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Welcome. You will find much knitting support here, as well as wonderful people in general!

cecile77
05-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Welcome! :cheering:

rebecca
05-23-2006, 04:06 PM
:D You are going to love cabling! It looks hard to do, but it isn't...very cool ;)
I've been knitting 2 years.