PDA

View Full Version : FO - Quickie Sweater and WIP - Diamondique

gimmesanity
05-23-2006, 09:03 PM
I finally finished the quickie sweater - long story short, I learned a very good lesson about buying enough yarn for a project the first time I made this. I frogged, and started over with new yarn. (in all honesty, I don't know why I was so cheap - it was Sugar n Spice, fer crying out loud!) This is for a soon-to-be-momma friend.

Specs on sweater:

- Quickie Baby Sweater (http://d-made.com/knitting/patterns/Quickie_Baby_Sweater.pdf)

- Peaches N Cream - 1 1/2 skeins. I forget which color, sorry.
- size US9 Denises

Mods: None, really, other than changing the needle size to 9 from 10.5. It was too loose with the larger needles.

I don't know if I'd make this particular pattern again. It was easy, but I don't like how the shoulders are so low. Maybe if I make some shoulderpads, as an homage to the 80's? :??

It was my first picot edge, though, so now I know how to do one of those.
I've yet to find buttons that I heart for this, so I'm gonna check out the LYS tomorrow to see what they have. :D

The third pic is Diamondique (http://saunshine.blogspot.com/2006/01/jems-collection.html) in hempathy.

Danielle
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Beautiful work!! :thumbsup:

DotMom61
05-24-2006, 12:50 AM
That little sweater is SO sweet ... I've seen it before, and I'm very tempted to make it. So cute!!

Andrea
05-24-2006, 04:51 AM
I've been trying to make that sweater, but I just can't finish it! I love yours though!!! :inlove:

AnreeAce
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Very pretty! Such nice work, I really love the colors.

I just got the word last night that some friends of mine are most definitely expecting, time to get to work on the baby projects!

sara_jayne
05-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Beautiful job on the sweater - and the Diamondique is off to a great start!

Jan in CA
05-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I think the sweater is adorable! Babys don't have much in the way of shoulders yet so it should be fine. ;)

rebecca
05-24-2006, 12:11 PM
:D It's just PRECIOUS ;)
How do you like working with hemp yarn? I want to try it...I LOVE trying botanical yarns...bamboo is my fave, soy is 2nd...and, I just found out that SWTC is going to be making a yarn with corn :D

gimmesanity
05-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Becca, I'm really enjoying the hempathy - it's knitting up into a suprisingly soft fabric. I've only gotten about four repeats into the pattern (about 4 inches), but the yarn has been really easy to work with. No splitting or anything like that.

Ellen Edwards
05-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Beautiful!! I love the way the colors turned out...and I really want to try some of the Hempathy--it sounds so SOFT! :D