PDA

View Full Version : Love those Japanese short rows!

Jackie F.
05-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I tried on my Green Gable and decided that it needed short rows. I've been waiting to try the Japanese method, so I finally got to do it. If you're interested in how I did them ITR, I posted pictures with accompanying comments on my blog (http://jmfknits.blogspot.com/2006/05/japanese-short-rows-itr.html). ;) Now, let's just hope that I didn't create too big of a cup size!!!!! :shock: :lol:

rebecca
05-24-2006, 06:21 PM
:D Most excellent job!! I've been thinking about doing Nona's short row experiment...may have to give it a go now...your's look great :thumbsup:

Jackie F.
05-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Thanks, Becka! :D

Have you seen Nona's blog on Japanese number diagrams for doing increases, decreases and BOs? It's pretty cool! I might have to look more into Japanese knitting techniques.

GrandmaLori
05-25-2006, 12:45 AM
This fills me with admiration for you ladies (and guys) and the things you are able to do! I am humbled and inspired to see things like this. I guess you just have to have the nerve to jump in and try things.

DoulaLyndsey
05-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Great job! I also just discovered the wonder of Japanese short rows, never have my stitches laid so flat!! Though I agree, the knit one's lay much nicer than the purl ones (I also knit them in the round, on my diaper soakers). :thumbsup:

knit-a-holic
05-25-2006, 01:56 PM
It looks neat! ;) Very admirable, too!!!

rebecca
05-25-2006, 02:41 PM
:D Ahhhhh, I just popped over to Nona's blog (http://nonaknits.typepad.com/nonaknits/project_japanese/index.html)...love her schematics & diagram with Japanese knitting....where does she find these things?!

Jackie F.
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
'Wish I knew because I can't find anything in English on the internet! :thinking: I Googled many variations of Japanese knitting/patterns/techniques and searched Amazon. i couldn't find any books on Japanese knitting at all.

knitqueen
05-27-2006, 11:54 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, I've looked on Nonas blog and can't find these Japanese short rows that you speak of!! If you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!! :D

knitqueen
05-27-2006, 11:55 AM
:doh: Nevermind, I found it!