PDA

View Full Version : Did you know you can sell your projects at etsy?

skNYC
05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I was looking for reviews about Filatura Lanatora Cashmere, and I stumbled into this site:http://www.etsy.com/

IrishBaby
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Yep, as long as they are your own designs and not knit from a pattern you are not licensed for. :) I got some stitch markers there that I love.

VictoiseC
05-25-2006, 06:25 PM
What a neat site. Thanks! It also will help me price what I'm going to be selling! :thumbsup:

wrchili
05-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I read about this site on another thread, and I had a question for those of you who have used it before. I make a lot of wire jewelry, and I've been listing it on ebay with not much success. It seems that a lot of people aren't seeing them, because there are not many page views. Ebay fees are starting to get expensive, so I was wondering if anyone thought I might have more luck with etsy. I'd never heard of it before, so I wasn't sure if more people would see my items on there or not.

feministmama
05-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Part of me thinks this site and those like it are a great idea. Its a great way to get your stuff out there and its accessible to everyone and alla that. But then the other part of me thinks this will take away from the local outdoor market kinds of venues that happen. The friendly bustling of peoplpe browsing together out in the open air, the sent of food from vendors lingering in the air, the sounds of children playing and the guy on the corner with his guitar.....

But I guess both are good. Both of those experiences are wanted/needed. So maybe if y'all want to sell stuff, then just try both types of resources. Just get yer stuff out there.

VictoiseC
05-31-2006, 11:55 AM
I would much rather be at one of the outdoor markets than sitting in front of the computer FMama! Can't wait in fact, going to the first one next weekend. It will be a long time til I get around to listing anything on that site, I definitely prefer the markets (although I haven't tried to sell anything yet, I'm looking forward to it, and meeting new people).