PDA

View Full Version : pretty tank top! and Q's

XbelovedXoneX
05-26-2006, 07:18 AM
So I absolutely :heart: this pretty tank top (http://thriftyknitter.com/?p=9). I just have a couple concerns about it...

1) It's written for a medium, but I wear a small. Any ideas how I could modify it?

2) I'm a pretty beginner knitter. I'm having a hard time getting my head around the instructions for the darts. Can anyone simplify what it's saying?

Thanks!

Ingrid
05-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Since they don't really tell you what the measurements are for the medium, it's hard to say how much smaller the small would be. You could try it on a smaller needle or with different yarn. :thinking:

The darts are just basic decreases, and would be easier to understand once you got there. You've got the marker to show you where to do them, then you do one type of decrease before the marker and one after.

XbelovedXoneX
05-26-2006, 11:10 AM
thanks! When I read a pattern I usually try and visualize what it's asking me to do. But you're right, it usually is so much easier to understand when it's right there in front of you!

I'll have to brainstorm and work out a way to make this to fit my mini stature. :rofling:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Be careful with super chunky yarn and small needles... you might end up with fabric that is super stiff!

XbelovedXoneX
05-26-2006, 03:31 PM
maybe I will have to search out a new yarn... or maybe it's just more trouble than it's worth! :doh:

Littleredhen
06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm so glad you posted the tank pattern link. I have been looking for a tank made out of chunky yarn, and I finally lucked up : ) I had an extra hank left over from a summer sweater last year, and I can finally put it to good use.

Littleredhen
06-13-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm so glad I stumbled onto this forum. There is so much great info here and so many wonderful projects. I really like the tank, and I can't wait to make one. I have an extra hank from a summer sweater I made last year, and this is the perfect tank. Thanks for the link!

wiredqs
06-14-2006, 03:25 AM
The guage is 13 st=4 inches..cast on is 100 st which is = to about 31 inches. This is a mighty small medium, the cami sure is cute tho.

Littleredhen
06-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the info! I had not done the math yet. I may take it by my local shop and see if they can resize it.

Shandeh
06-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm so glad I stumbled onto this forum. There is so much great info here and so many wonderful projects. I really like the tank, and I can't wait to make one. I have an extra hank from a summer sweater I made last year, and this is the perfect tank. Thanks for the link!

Welcome to the group! :waving:

Be sure to introduce yourself or make a knitting blog in our forum!

Littleredhen
06-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Thank you Sandy for the warm welcome.
Is there a way to specifically reply back to your reply? I'm still not real familiar with posting here :??

Shandeh
06-14-2006, 09:30 PM
If you want to reply to a specific comment, click the "Quote" button to the right of that comment. Then you can put your comments below it.

Glad to see a new face in the group!

Littleredhen
06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks Sandy...let's see if I did it :waving:

Shandeh
06-15-2006, 10:11 AM

Not yet. :thinking: Try again! (Be sure you've logged in first)

mulene
06-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Welcome to KH little red hen!

XbelovedXoneX
06-15-2006, 10:55 AM
The guage is 13 st=4 inches..cast on is 100 st which is = to about 31 inches. This is a mighty small medium, the cami sure is cute tho.

31 inches eh? This might actually fit me as is! I will have to break out the tap measure and calculator... :happydance:

Littleredhen
06-15-2006, 02:46 PM

Sandy thank you for your patience; maybe this time.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-15-2006, 03:02 PM
:cheering:

Shandeh
06-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Sandy thank you for your patience; maybe this time.

Yee Ha! Now you're a PRO!
:thumbsup: