PDA

View Full Version : OT bought new bed today!

Celine
05-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Well my dh and I have been sleeping on a wonderful Queen size bed and mattress that we bought only three years ago...but now we both have our share of aches and pains :oops: (mine arthritis) we decided to buy a King Size bed.

So we ordered a beautiful bed last night and today we went out and purchased the mattress and box spring and four KS pillows and a beautiful comforter set and sheet sets. We really had to start from scratch!! Now we are broke!! :shock:

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to something pretty I can knit for on the bed?? My bedroom style is sort of Cottage/Victorian. Thanks for any suggestions. :D

WynnieG
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
What color scheme is your bedroom? Because an antique white duvet cover knitted in counterpanes would look perfect in a Victorian style bedroom.

Check out the examples of a leaf bedspread from an 1891 knitting manual here (http://www.knitting-and.com/photos/gallery/homeworkcounterpanes).

Celine
05-27-2006, 08:12 PM
My new comforter has beige background with dusty rose colored roses on it. Looks like a very vintage fabric.

My wallpaper has victorian ladies in a garden on it with same color as in comforter and also some blue greens in it . The comforter is much "plainer" than the walls. lol I am a print person!! :D

I just thought maybe I could knit a pillow and then knit some lace around the edge of it!! Wonder if I can find one to "see" on line? Anyone know of any like that? :??