PDA

View Full Version : Borocco contest

feministmama
05-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Has anyone tried to find the icon to sign up for the free book? I have followed the clues and gotten nowhere :??

Here's the clue:

Start where the heart is.
Waste no time, go to the greens.
March on, to where all butterflies like to be.
If you know the ropes,
this ancient language
reveals a treasure to behold.

And here's the webpage:

http://www.berroco.com/

KellyK
05-30-2006, 01:10 PM
:??

brendajos
05-30-2006, 01:19 PM
well i am pretty sure i got the first hint but i am lost after that....how far have you gotten on it?

nicolethegeek
05-30-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm completely lost with this. :??

feministmama
05-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Well at first I thought Oh stat with the heart then click on the chest area of the picture. But then there was nothing that was green that wasclickable so then I went back and started clicking on stuff to see if it would lead to somehting green. I went to the patterns page and there a bunch of scarves and I clicked on a gren one which led to images of yarn tied up into what is commonly known among knitters as a butterfly bobbin. So then I started clicking like mad but nothing came up that looked like rope (altho I did try some colorways that were called cowboy but got nothin) and so now I'm stumped.

brendajos
05-30-2006, 02:30 PM
:thinking: well i just assumed the first line meant to go to the home page and that was where i was looking for greens but got lost after that.

Amber
05-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Well, Venus is the Roman goddess of love...

But, beyond that, I'm stumped. :??

brendajos
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
i thought i was brilliant by clicking on Kelly for "go for the greens" but i didn't see anything that i could relate to butterflies on there... :??

aylaanne
05-30-2006, 03:18 PM
where are you getting these clues from?

Michele
05-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok, since I have been lurking for the past month or so, I finally decided to register. I have really enjoyed and learned from everyones posts.

My mom and I worked on the contest on Saturday until we found the icon. I deleted my newsletter e-mail, so I don't have the clues anymore, but here is what I did to find it. First, start at the home page because "home is where the heart is". Then, click on the "22 Free Bag/Tote Patterns" link. I think the bag in the photo must look green to the Berocco people. Then, click on the "Flora" link since butterflies like flowers. Then click on the "Take a tour of the web Gallery for Ultra Alpaca". This picture has some cables on it, so I guess we call that ropes. Then I clicked on the 3rd picture down on the left hand side. I chose this picture because it said to "March On" and march is the 3rd month. This is the Hibito Cardigan. According to Google, Hibito is an extinct Peruvian language. When I clicked on the instructions link, I found the free book icon on that page. It is not there today. Maybe the contest is over???

feministmama
05-30-2006, 03:37 PM
UUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! It is over. It ended last night. I just didn't see the fine print. OY! I should check my email more often :doh: