PDA

View Full Version : I have the best friend in the world!!!

knitaddict
05-30-2006, 05:23 PM
My dh just deployed a week ago for 60 days. A friend of mine that I know through a stay at home mom board shares my interest in knitting. Although she's done it much longer than I have, she's no where nearly as addicted. :rofling: Anyway, she sent me a note a while ago to watch my mail because she sent me something to keep my mind off of dh being gone.

I just went and got the mail & she sent me Stitch & Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook.

She is so wonderful!!!! I can't wait to start knitting some of these patterns. :heart:

aylaanne
05-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh, that's so sweet! My fiancÚ was deployed to Iraq for the first year and a half we were dating. I wish I'd known how to knit then! Enjoy your book and best wishes for his safe return!

Jan in CA
05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
That is so sweet! What kind and wonderful friend you have!

rebecca
05-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Friends are indeed a gift from God :D That is so thoughtful ;)

Robin R
05-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi knitaddict! :) My husband was stationed in Saudi Arabia several years ago. OH how I wish I had known how to knit back then. I was in Germany and spent a year with him gone thinking I had nothing to do but take care of my then six month old baby! What a sweet friend you have to have thought of you when you are going to missing your husband so. :heart:

Amber
05-30-2006, 11:40 PM
What a sweet and thoughtful thing to do!

IndianPrincessSIP
05-30-2006, 11:54 PM
What a great idea. :D
Enjoy.

:pray: for your husband.

Danielle
05-31-2006, 12:31 AM
How sweet of her to do that! :cheering: You will love that book!

mulene
05-31-2006, 09:05 AM
what a cool and kind friend! That book is great!

Rennagayle
05-31-2006, 09:47 AM
That is such a thoughtful thing for your friend to do! :D

S&B was the first knitting book I bought when I learned to knit (here). Though I've only knit one of the patterns so far, the "how to" sections helped me alot as I was first learning. I still refer to it often, and one of these days will get around to knitting some of the patterns.

I love your scripture picture! :thumbsup:

kemp
05-31-2006, 12:01 PM
That is such a sweet gift! What will be your first project?

knitaddict
05-31-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking of making the little black top. I'm also toying with the idea of the pet bed. My cat has a basket with a fleece blanket in it, but since I've started knitting she prefers to sleep on my stash. :rollseyes: I'm wondering if I make her a bed out of yarn if she'll sleep on that instead. ;)

kemp
05-31-2006, 12:13 PM
oh yeah! My kitties love wool. There is a free "kitty pi" pattern here (http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm) too if you like it better.

knitaddict
05-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Ohhhh! I like that one, too!! :cheering: That's the only problem I have with KH - I want to knit every pattern I see on here. :roflhard: TY for the link.

kemp
05-31-2006, 12:18 PM
:roflhard: me too! I've gotten so many ideas for projects here I couldn't possibly knit them all in one lifetime.