PDA

View Full Version : Help with neck shaping on tank top

JLC
05-31-2006, 08:08 AM
I am making this tank top: http://www.berroco.com/182/182_paulina.html

and I am confused about the neck shaping for the front side. These are the directions for the front:

FRONT
Work same as for back until 117 rows of Cable Pat have been completed, end on Row 7 of Cable Pat. Armholes should measure 21/4.
Right Side
Row 1 (WS): Work 31(35-39) sts in pat as established, SSK, p 2, k 2, p 3, sl remaining 40(44-48) sts onto holder for Left Side.
Row 2 (RS): K 3, p 2, k 2, p 2 tog TBL, work to end. Continue to dec in this manner EVERY row 6 times more, every other row 8 times, then every 4th row 4 times. AT THE SAME TIME, when armhole measures 7(7-71/2), shape shoulder same as for back.
Left Side: Work to correspond with Right Side, working neck decs as k 2 tog on WS rows and p 2 tog on RS rows.

I am at row 2, and I'm not sure about the bolded part. Does it mean decrease on every RS row 6 times or every row, meaning RS and WS 6 more times? It seems like it means RS rows, but what am I supposed to do on the WS rows, which would be the shoulder side? I know I need to work the shoulder shaping after 7-1/2" like for the back. For the left side, it says to work the neck decreases as k2tog on the WS and p2 tog on the RS. What on earth am I missing????

Ingrid
05-31-2006, 02:44 PM
In row 1 you have an ssk decrease, and in row 2 you have the p2tog decrease, so you would do the decrease on each side for the 6 rows. When you get to the every other row directions, then do whichever one is suitable for that row.

JLC
05-31-2006, 03:27 PM
Ahhh, and it begins to make sense. My brain was trying to get to that point, but just needed a little nudge. Thanks Ingrid!!