PDA

View Full Version : FO - My summer slippers!

knitqueen
05-31-2006, 05:39 PM
I pretty much used this pattern (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12662.0) but did stockinette rather than garter stitch, added a bit of ribbing around the edges and slipped the first stitch of each row. If anyone else makes these, make the piece as long as your foot from heel to big toe before doing the K2tog rows, rather than the 7.5-8" suggested by the pattern UNLESS you have feet that small (I sure don't!!)

I want to embellish these a bit more somehow, not sure how, I'd like to cover up the top seam a bit more if I could, I don't think I seamed it tight enough and it really shows (to me, anyways!). Also, the top of the back of the heel is a bit loose and I feel like they might fall off as I actually wear them and they stretch out a bit, I'm thinking of sewing in a small strip of narrow elastic just to snug it up a bit.

I used two strands of sock yarn (Bernat Sox in the colours Steel Hot and Pink Hot) and size 5 needles, cast on 36 stitches and it was about 6.5-7" across (I did this because I have rather wide feet).

:XX:

nanonette
05-31-2006, 05:54 PM
Very cute!!! :cheering:

rebecca
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Those are toooo cute!!! You might want to try duplicate stitching along the seam :thumbsup:

knitqueen
05-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Those are toooo cute!!! You might want to try duplicate stitching along the seam :thumbsup:

Thanks Becka, that's a great suggestions, I think I'll give it a whirl!

Friskums
05-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh, I love them!! *adds them to her list* :heart: :heart:

Jan in CA
05-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Those are cute!

knitqueen
05-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Rebecca, I did the duplicate stitching and it looks SO much better. Thanks for the great suggestion! :D And might I say, using variagated or multi-strands of different yarn covers a multitude of mistakes!! ;)

Knitting Nan
05-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Very cute slippers, looks like the will keep your feet warm on cold nights.

sara_jayne
05-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Nice job - I love the color combo!

Amber
05-31-2006, 10:42 PM
They look great!

Jeep_Girl
06-01-2006, 09:55 PM
KQ - GREAT job! I think I want to do these too now!

Danielle
06-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Those are so cute! Great job! :thumbsup:

knitqueen
06-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm frustrated because I made the second slipper and it's way too loose on the heel and doesn't fit nearly as well as the first one, even though I made them exactly the same way :(

VictoiseC
06-02-2006, 01:04 PM
What's duplicate stitching??? Those are very pretty slippers.... just what I need, another project!

LeslieA
06-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Those are really cute. I love the color.

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 01:33 PM

Thanks Becka, that's a great suggestions, I think I'll give it a whirl!

If it were me, I would attach a knitted flower on the seam!

Cristy
06-02-2006, 05:37 PM
CUTE!

robynbird
06-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Very Cute!

knitqueen
06-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm takin' them apart :rollseyes: . The second one just sucks compared to the first one. I don't know why, it seems like my gauge is waaaay looser on the second one. I did the same # of rows and everything, and the second one falls off if I even take one step in it.

So I'm going to make a pair of pink/grey striped socks instead.

ekgheiy
06-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh - I love them. They are just too cute!! Nice work.

DotMom61
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM
KQ!! You're ripping them!??? They're SO cute, and now *I* want to make some!! (Like I need to add anything to that list below :rollingeyes:)

Oh, I'm so sad that you're frogging them. I pout for you. :(

knitqueen
06-09-2006, 06:58 PM
KQ!! You're ripping them!??? They're SO cute, and now *I* want to make some!! (Like I need to add anything to that list below :rollingeyes:)

Oh, I'm so sad that you're frogging them. I pout for you. :(

Yep, they're ripped. The first slipper was really cute, and rather comfy too, but the second one was so oddly different than the first, I don't know why :thinking: , I couldn't see myself re-doing one or both so I ripped and made socks instead. The first one became this sock pictured below and the second one is going to become, uhhhh, the second sock! ;) It's cast on and started today. Are you still sad?? :D

DotMom61
06-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, the sock is GORGEOUS (and I saw your 'structions re: the rounded toe, which I also liked!), but I really liked those slippers!! I had seen the pattern before where they were knit in garter stitch. They mildly intrigued me, but I *really* liked your stockinette ones!

Oh well ... I guess I'll just have to get over ... <sigh> ... what you did to them. :verysad:

Do you think you'll ever try them again?

knitqueen
06-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Do you think you'll ever try them again?

I think that if I did try them again, I'd buy something like this pattern (http://store.piddleloop.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=51) instead of the freebie that I used before. The one I tried seemed a bit too basic to be well-fitting. I dunno, maybe it was just me :thinking: .

DotMom61
06-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh great, :doh: those are cute, too!!! I don't know why I'm drooling over these things when I have a clog pattern sitting right here waiting to be knit up. Sheesh. I think I must have a pattern-addiction problem. ;-)