PDA

View Full Version : OT: heat proof cookies?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-31-2006, 09:16 PM
We're having this end of the year celebration thingy at my school on Friday, and we just got a "reminder email" (read: the first one) asking everyone to bring 2 dozen heat proof cookies. :rollseyes:

AND, sine I am going on a field trip tomorrow, I have to make them tonight. And I don't have time to go to the store, so they can't include anything wierd.

:help: Help!

itsbecca1979
05-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Um, I've never heard of heat proof cookies...that's weird :shock: :roflhard:

Maybe just make sugar cookies?

brendajos
05-31-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah they would have to be cookies with no chocolate or icing or anything...snicker doodles or peanut butter cookies maybe?

misstialouise
05-31-2006, 09:32 PM
I do cookies every Christmas... and well.. Australian Christmas' sometimes get up to 40 Celcius (which is friggin' hot!!!)

Here's what I bake.

Shortbread - I have a great recipe for this
1 cup icing sugar
2 cups plain flour
250g unsalted butter
1tbs flavour (see below)

Cream butter & sugar, add flavouring, add flour and mix.

... and you can put in your own flavours.. here are my favourite..:
Lavender
Cinnamon
Lemon zest
vanilla & fig

Gingerbread cookies - always go down well

Almond cookies.. LOVERLY!!

Ingrid
05-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Oatmeal raisin?

gardenmommy
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
I was going to say peanut butter too, but often people are allergic to peanuts or other types of nuts. Would jam thumbprints be heat proof? Lemon cookies?

http://search.allrecipes.com/recipe/quick.aspx?q1=lemon+cookies&lnkid=65&image1.x=7&image1.y=3

How about cookies made with cake mix if you have a box on hand?

http://search.allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick.aspx?q1=cake+mix+cookies&lnkid=65

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-31-2006, 10:51 PM
YES! perfect, BREN! :-)

Julie
05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
mmmm....snickerdoodles...... :inlove:

brendajos
05-31-2006, 11:17 PM
lol i totally hate snickerdoodles but they were excellent 4H cookies since it is nearly impossible to not make perfectly round ones! my brother used to stalk the kitchen when i made them to get any that weren't perfect......like the ones that would always slide off the pan when pulling them out of the oven! "you can't use those for 4H right? ouch ouch ouch hot!"

boys are dumb. :rofling:

Jan in CA
05-31-2006, 11:31 PM
lol i totally hate snickerdoodles

:?? That does not compute. :lol:

Snickerdoodles
sugar cookies
shortbread
peanut butter
oatmeal
anything w/o frosting or chocolate chips pretty much

feministmama
06-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Why is it called "heat proof?" :??

brendajos
06-01-2006, 12:41 AM
i would guess it is an outdoor activity and it has been in the 80s-90s in the last few days in the middle part of the country......melty melty

mulene
06-01-2006, 04:27 AM
i would guess it is an outdoor activity and it has been in the 80s-90s in the last few days in the middle part of the country......melty melty

I want to be there - it is *freezing* cold here. Feels very late autumn like at the moment ; cold rainy and grey =(

What are snickerdoodles?

My mum makes stuff like shortbread and almond macaroons and oatmeal crunchies which are YUM - all "heatproof" =D

Ingrid
06-01-2006, 07:55 AM
Snickerdoodles are basically a sugar cookie dough, rolled in a ball and then rolled in cinnamon sugar. You bake the balls and they flatten out to nice, round, soft-baked cookies. Mmmmmmmmmm

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-01-2006, 08:30 AM
I made cake mix cookies last night, only to discover this morning that DH thought they were for him :doh: When I went upstairs to yell at him, he woke up and before I could say anything, he says all sleepily "Dude, thanks for those cookies, they were awesome!" *sigh* He was so happy I didn't have the heart to tell him they weren't for him. I just said "your'e welcome sweetie, anything for you". Guess I'm going to WallyFart tomorrow morning.

You bake the balls and they flatten out to nice, round, soft-baked cookies. Mmmmmmmmmm

I wonder what KK will have to say about this!

brendajos
06-01-2006, 08:37 AM
omg..... :rofling: :roflhard: :rofling:

you might want to yell just a little bit so he doesn't do it to you again! hehe

mulene
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Snickerdoodles are basically a sugar cookie dough, rolled in a ball and then rolled in cinnamon sugar. You bake the balls and they flatten out to nice, round, soft-baked cookies. Mmmmmmmmmm

woah that sounds like heaven on a tongue!

I was thinking something made with melted snickers bars LOL

gardenmommy
06-01-2006, 10:39 AM
There are really good cookies made with those itty bitty bite sized Snickers in them...

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1710,147172-255203,00.html

Extremely yummy!

BinkyKat
06-02-2006, 12:24 AM
OK, these aren't heat proof, but the are freakily good...

Symphony Brownies...
1 family size (for 9x13 inch pan) brownie mix with walnuts
3 (count 'em 3!) large Symphony chocolate bars with nuts & toffee

Basically you mix the brownie batter per the box instructions, pour half the batter into the pan, place the 3 bars side by side on top of the batter, then pour the rest of the batter on top of the bars. Bake per the box instructions.
Supposedly it makes 48 small or 24 large brownies.. ! :shock:
YUM!!!!!

brendajos
06-02-2006, 12:25 AM
oooooooooooh those are some of my favorite ingredients!

Jan in CA
06-02-2006, 12:47 AM
:doh: All this yummy food talk and I just joined Weight Watchers online again! :doh:

mulene
06-02-2006, 09:04 AM
you ladies are ruining my diet! I'm drooling thinking of that stuff and staring at a salad. Wish I had the cookies instead =D :heart: