PDA

View Full Version : WTHeck!? Knitty Cafe Problem.

knitaddict
06-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Grrrrrr!!! I just tried signing up with Knitty's message board. It won't let me because it says there's already a member signed up with my email!!! I only found out about it yesterday, have never been there, and have only signed up with *KH* so WHY is my email used on knitty?

I don't even know how to contact them to find out what to do about it.

Jan in CA
06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Knitty's main page is acting bizarre. I attached what I see when I click on HOME or try to type it in. I can however go to the other pages. Try clicking contact to find someone to ask about your email problem.

Ingrid
06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
This has been going on since last night, in fact there was a thread on it. I posted over there, and read other posts about it, and it seems that their main page was hacked.

knitaddict
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
But it's not happening on the main page. It's on the board. kwim?

I'll have to look again & see if I can find a contact button. I couldn't earlier. TY, ladies.

Julie
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Don't they have a "forgot your password?" link? If so, you can use that and it will send it to your e-mail address. Ideally. :D

Ingrid
06-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I got on the board, no problem. :thinking:

knitaddict
06-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Don't they have a "forgot your password?" link? If so, you can use that and it will send it to your e-mail address. Ideally. :D

But since I didn't sign up to be a member using that email, I don't know what username was used. kwim? Would it still work?

Jan in CA
06-01-2006, 07:36 PM

But since I didn't sign up to be a member using that email, I don't know what username was used. kwim? Would it still work?

Just try having them resend the password and see if it works. Maybe you forgot and signed up a long time ago? Or one of your kids did? :??

knitaddict
06-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Heavens I hope not!!! Ds is only 3.5 and if he's signing up for message boards, I'm done for. :roflhard: :roflhard:

I know without a doubt I didn't sign up for them because I didn't find out they had one until yesterday. Oh well. I've got an email into them to see if it can get figured out. :)

knitaddict
06-01-2006, 08:37 PM
How weird!! It must have been related to the issues they've been having (re: spykids) because I just tried to register again and it's let me through. WEIRD!