PDA

View Full Version : OT - Missing Girl

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 12:32 PM
I hate to invade the forum with this, but the email pulled at my heart strings.

A Deli manager (Acme Markets) from Philadelphia, Pa has a 13 year old daughter who has been missing for 2 weeks. With luck on her side she will be found.
"I am asking you all, begging you to please forward this email on to anyone and everyone you know, PLEASE. My 13 year old girl, Ashley Flores, is missing. She has been missing for now two weeks.
It is still not too late. Please help us. If anyone anywhere knows anything, please contact me at: HelpfindAshleyFlores@yahoo.com I am including a picture of her. All prayers are appreciated!! "

ladyindica2000
06-02-2006, 12:34 PM
This email is actually a HOAX. Please see:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/missing/ashleyflores.asp

for more information.

Shandeh
06-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Thank you! I was wondering if that was the case.

Now my heart can rest at ease. :sunny:

bjc1050
06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Bad enough that it's a hoax, but apparently they are trying to get money. If that's not illegal, it should be.

aylaanne
06-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Always check emails like this with snopes before forwarding or responding. Not only will it save you embarrassment, it may save you from identity theft.

For child abductions, I check with www.amberalert.org. I have an amber alert ticker at the bottom of my online diary, and the ticker turns yellow if there is an alert, when it links to more information about the case.

You can also find out from your local law enforcement agency how they disseminate information about child abductions and crimes and see what you can do to reduce their occurrance or increase the recovery rates.

Child abuse and abduction is still happening every day. Wanting to help with emails such as this is a great thing, but use that energy to help sources near you that you can trust, instead of anonymous people who spam your email box. ;