PDA

View Full Version : Baby Legs pattern?

hippodamia
06-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Hello,

Anyone seen a pattern to make Baby Legs? They look so cute and I bet are easy enough to knit!!

http://www.babylegs.net/

Thanks!u

CarmenIbanez
06-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Okay, those are too too cute! I would say it would be pretty simple. A toddler sock pattern that continues up the leg. I don't think it would take much expiramentation for a knitter who is familiar with socks. But that's not me, unfortunately.

knitaddict
06-02-2006, 01:30 PM
You could adapt a toddler sock by using the "technique" in the pedicure sock on knitty.com. I made the peds & LOVE them!!

Now I'm going to have to make some of those baby socks. :)

candicane
06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I made my DD (now 20 months) legwarmers for the winter for all those reasons they mention on the website. I did them ribbed the whole length, but you could just do the ribbing at the top and bottom and stockinette for the main part. I used KP Merino Style. I don't think the thin cotton that BabyLegs uses would provide much warmth, but they are certainly cute!

Candice

mishka
06-02-2006, 03:38 PM
Those are sooooooo cute :)

I want a pair for me, esp with some cow print, how cooel. (maybe its just me though)

hippodamia
06-02-2006, 09:39 PM
I know, these are just the cutest things!! I have a son, so they may look kind of girly on him, but I was thinking of making some for gifts.

I will check out that knitty pattern!

Thanks! :D

samm
06-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I think they would not look girly on a little guy if worn under his jeans. They'd keep his legs warmer, which is a good thing here in Canada. :D samm