PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite knitting weather...

Cristy
06-04-2006, 06:55 PM
It's been raining here every afternoon/evening for the past couple of days--thunderstorms, actually. I love to knit when it rains--especially in thunderstorms. Do you guys have a favorite knitting weather? I imagine I'd like to knit when it snows but since we don't really get snow down here....I guess I've gotta stick w/ the rain!

mulene
06-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Sunny and also well basically I hate the cold so WARM would be a better description =D

It has been lovely and sunny in London this weekend, but I didn't get any knitting done! Was a busy weekend and I'm itching to get to it. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow I am hoping some nice new knitting books that I ordered arrive (big girls knits, EZ's knitting without tears and I got a bargain on Montse Stanley's Knitters hand book!).

rebecca
06-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I've never really thought about this...i'm thinking maybe during thunderstorms, too...I love, love thunderstorms, reminds me of being a kid in Fla., always a daily shower in the summer ;)

Ingrid
06-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I'll knit during any weater. I love being snowed in with nothing to do but knit, but if I'm home on snowy days, the boys are, too. I still knit, but not the hunker-down-and-knit-all-day kind.

The only restriction I have is that fuzzy yarns and wool are a no-no for hot days if I'm outside or the inside is too warm.

Cristy
06-04-2006, 08:06 PM
but if I'm home on snowy days, the boys are, too.

Are these your grandsons you are referring to? I noticed in an eariler post that you talked about the one running up the driveway b/c of the bear....do your grandchildren live w/ you?

Ingrid
06-04-2006, 08:18 PM
but if I'm home on snowy days, the boys are, too.

Are these your grandsons you are referring to? I noticed in an eariler post that you talked about the one running up the driveway b/c of the bear....do your grandchildren live w/ you?

Yes, my daughter lives here with her two boys; Jacob, who's 8, and Ryan, who'll be 6 at the end of the month. Really sweet kids, too!

Cristy
06-04-2006, 08:22 PM
very cool--I lived with my mom and dad when my daughter was about a year old until she was 2 and a half...she still spends a lot of time with them and they absolutely love it--I'm sure as she gets older she'll have many fond memories of the time she spends with them. Anyway...no more hijacking my own thread for other conversations!!! LOL!

sandrasingh
06-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Cristy I love your knitting iguana. Where did you get him????

ecb
06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
I chose Sunny
but for me I like overcast warmish days :D
not cold, then my Fingers hurt and get stiff :(
thunder makes people keep coming up to my car asking if I am ok sitting at the rest stop or Parking Lot in the rain :doh:
when its an overcast day I can look at the clouds, and how the light plays in them, the sun is ok too
:roflhard: I M a flake huh??

ecb

BinkyKat
06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
I love knitting in any weather, but I do find cooler days more enjoyable. My favorite seasons are spring and fall really so that's a good outdoor knitting time of year for me!
:thumbsup: Jodie

Nikki
06-05-2006, 07:18 AM
I chose rainy/thunderstorms-as long as the electricity stays on! If it's rainy then I can't be outside doing anything with the garden, roses or cattle. :cheering:
Nikki

craftymom
06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
I once knitted almost an entire baby hat during a stormy evening after our power went out. It was very surreal knitting in a storm by candelight.

Mienna
06-05-2006, 09:19 AM
I haven't really thought about the weather to any great degree when it comes to knitting, but I *have* to have light, so if it's dark or stormy outside I gotta be able to turn on every light in the room or wait 'til the next day.

Shandeh
06-05-2006, 09:27 AM
If there is a sun in the sky, and the world is still revolving, I'm knitting. Ever since I first started 3 years ago, I haven't gone a day without knitting.

Yes, I am a knitting geek.

dustinac
06-05-2006, 10:35 AM
:thinking: I knit in any weather.. but my weather mood changes with the season.. usually by the end of summer I can't wait to knit on chilly fall evenings.. then I can't wait to knit while it snows.. then I can't wait to sit outside and knit.. and now after all the rain we have had for the last month I want to go outside and knit in the sun :cheering: :rofling:

Cristy
06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Cristy I love your knitting iguana. Where did you get him????
Thanks Sandra...my dh made him for me!

AnreeAce
06-06-2006, 09:31 AM
I'll knit just about any day in any weather. I've only been knitting for about 9 months or so, so I don't know about summer...

I'll probably just switch to projects in sport-weight cotton and keep knitting away!