PDA

View Full Version : Kinda OT: Eeeeeeeeeee! Perfect Day Alert (Gush Warning)

Chel
06-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Just had to post... (which I am trying to do more often rather than being the shameless lurker that I am)

Just heard from my...errr...friend, technically the more-than-a-friend-less-than-a-boyfriend-wishing-to-be-much-more-than-a-boyfriend-but-scared-to-lose-the-friendship-plus-bad-timing-and-an-ocean-between-us-guy. (Noooooo, no long complicated history there!!! /sarcasm)

Anyway, he is out of Iraq, safe and sound and waiting to be reassigned to a new duty station.

Wooo hoooo!!!

And I am working on my first sweater pattern....
And my shawl is coming along beautifully...
And I just found $20 that I didn't know I had in the console of my car.

rebecca
06-04-2006, 10:24 PM
:cheering: :cheering: That IS a great day.....WOOHOO :thumbsup:

Chel
06-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I just reread that and realized how hyper I sound. Its just a relief that he is safe. This was his 2nd tour in Iraq, all told 2 1/2 years. Just so thankful to get time to talk and touch base with each other.

The rest of the stuff was just a bonus.

Chel
06-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I just reread that and realized how hyper I sound. Its just a relief that he is safe. This was his 2nd tour in Iraq, all told 2 1/2 years. Just so thankful to get time to talk and touch base with each other.

The rest of the stuff was just a bonus.

Jan in CA
06-04-2006, 10:45 PM
:cheering: Glad he's okay! Maybe now he can become the "more" that you want. ;)

Chel
06-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Oh I wish, but again timing is just not on our side. For some reason we always end up being in different places in our lives at different times.

We did talk today about making a commitment to each other to get it right this time. :heart: :heart: :heart: We are just not sure how to go about it. But one things for sure... what we have has carried us through the last 4 years. We can make it a little longer. :thumbsup:

Sara
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
You found twenty bucks in your car??!!! Awesome!!!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Congrats on the good news about the un-boyfriend, honey. I'm glad he's out safe. :thumbsup:

gimmesanity
06-05-2006, 07:09 AM
yay, Chel! So happy he's safe...and $20 means more yarn for you.

hey, where in MD are you? I live in Glen Burnie...or, "The Glens", as DH like to say to make it sound fancy. hehe.

mulene
06-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Glad to hear he is safe. Now get thee to the yarn store woman and make use of that $20! :roflhard:

dustinac
06-05-2006, 10:33 AM
:cheering: Glad to hear he is safe :happydance:

I love when I find money I forgot I had just wish it happened more than it does :rollseyes: :rofling:

Cristy
06-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Glad to hear he's safe....I love found money...I always intend to use it for yarn but there is no such thing as me spending only $20.00 at a yarn store...so usually I use it to buy myself lunch before I go to the yarn store!! LOL!!

horve1
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
That has to be the happiest post in a loooooong time! So happy he is safe!

Chel
06-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Well... I'm obviously still thrilled and bouncing off the walls.

:) And I bought some 28,000 yeards of yarn on ebay. I can NOT buy any more.... but needles...they are calling my name...

:) :cheering: :cheering:

AnreeAce
06-06-2006, 09:36 AM
:happydance: Wow, what a great day!

Just reading your first post made me grin. Yeah, you sounded hyper, but in a good way. I'm glad to hear your un-boyfriend made it home, and I hope you have fun shopping for needles.

Here's to more good days!

jodstr2
06-06-2006, 11:13 AM
hey, I'm now married to my once un-boyfriend (friends with benefits yet more, but neither of us wanted to admit it, and it was also long distance). best of luck to both of you!!! :thumbsup: :happydance: :cheering:

sara_jayne
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm so gald he is out of Iraq!!

MY now DH was one of those want-it-to-be-more-than-friends friend for 6 years before we started dating. Well worth the wait!! I hope it works out for both of you! :heart:

Andrea
06-06-2006, 11:39 AM
:) And I bought some 28,000 yeards of yarn on ebay.
:shock: :shock: WOW!!

I'm glad your man is back from Iraq! :cheering: