PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Fleece

knitwit2
06-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Has anybody knitted with Cotton Fleece? Do you like it and does it wash up good? I knitted a tank with Berroco Touche and it was great to knit with but it washed terrible. My tank is ruined :(

rebecca
06-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece? I love it!!! It requires handwashing...love it :D

ChroniclesofYarnia
06-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I love brown sheep cotton fleece, but make sure you swatch beforehand. It grows.

I've had no problems washing it in the machine, but again, swatch and wash.

Amber
06-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I've also used it and loved it!! It knits up beautifully. I did recently machine wash and dry a baby hat I made and it held up well, but did shrink a bit in the dryer.

rebecca
06-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm happy to hear that it held up with washing and drying!! I'm going to wash/dry a swatch & if I like the way it turns out, I will do a tank for my granddaughter with it...I have a bright pink that wants to be her tank ;)

Mer
06-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I really like it too--I've only hand washed it so far, but I may try out the washer and dryer when I get lazy. ;)

sfavereau
06-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Oh I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Cotton Fleece! In fact, I'm wearing a cotton fleece green gable as I type this. I've only hand washed it and laid it flat to dry, but it's held up absolutely beautifully. I'm not brave enough to stick it in the washing machine yet. Maybe I'll swatch, wash and dry, too.

knitwit2
06-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks everybody for all the imput. I just bought the bright pink for a tank in the yarn girls' guide to beyond the basics. I knitted it in KnitPicks Shine Worsted and loved it but wanted to try a different yarn. I am going to teach a class and my LYS needs a sample of the tank in their store.