PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bobbi Bear Finally Finished!!!

luvmeowers
06-12-2006, 12:37 PM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: After many headaches and LOTS of learning, I finally finished the Baby Bobbi Bear. With this project, I learned how to pick up and knit stitches, how to stuff, how to seam, duplicate stitch, and a great way to keep track of where I am in my pattern. The pattern had the difficulty listed as "Beginner with some experience" but I think I needed a bit more experience. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to attach a small label with the washing instructions and my name?

NinaT
06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
That's fabulous! You really did a great job. :D

horve1
06-12-2006, 12:54 PM
That is so sweet! It wants a hug!!!!

luvmeowers
06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
That is so sweet! It wants a hug!!!!

That's what I keep telling my coworkers when I show him off.

He's made of Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton which is sooo soft (although it tends to get fuzzy) and is a bit under stuffed.

sara_jayne
06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Adorable - I just LOVE this pattern!

gardenmommy
06-12-2006, 02:02 PM
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO cute! And squishable!

Jan in CA
06-12-2006, 02:16 PM
He's adorable! I'm not sure about the tag. :thinking:

rebecca
06-12-2006, 02:18 PM
:D He's soooo cute!!!

Amber
06-12-2006, 04:08 PM
He's cute!

There is a custom label tutorial here: http://www.grumperina.com/knitting.htm

Click the "custom labels" link.

AnreeAce
06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
:heart:
So sweet, you did a great job!

spooky
06-12-2006, 05:21 PM
For washing instructions I always give whoever is receiving the knit gift the wrapper that came with the yarn. ( Did that make sense? lol) If I was to make a scarf and I was giving it to my mom, I would give my mom the yarn wrapper along with the scarf. As for tags, I know there are companies out there that make tags, but I don't think they have washing istructions on them.

Here is a site where you can get sewing labels.

http://www.colorfulimages.com/84145.html?&source=IDDA9UX

And the bear is too cute !!!! :heart:

luvmeowers
06-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Thank you all for your advice on where to get labels or how to make them but what I was wondering is HOW to attach a label on a teddy bear that is already completed? There are no seams except for the ears.

Thanks!

spooky
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I would just sew it on with needle and thread.

melinphx
06-13-2006, 12:38 PM
He's so adorable!!!

Using a label like the one that grumperina uses, I think it would be kind of neat to sew the label to the back of the teddy's neck, with something to the effect of "My name is Bobbi. I was made with love by luvmeowers. Please hand wash and air dry me. (or whichever washing method will work for him)" It seems to me that the loop created by the label would even provide a handy way to hang him up to dry, so he'd get plenty of air flow around him.

mulene
06-13-2006, 12:40 PM
oOOH man hes so super super cute! I want to reach into my screen, grab him and give him a HUGE hug! GORGEOUS!

Tammy6071
06-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Adorable!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

luvmeowers
06-14-2006, 10:18 AM
He's so adorable!!!

Using a label like the one that grumperina uses, I think it would be kind of neat to sew the label to the back of the teddy's neck, with something to the effect of "My name is Bobbi. I was made with love by luvmeowers. Please hand wash and air dry me. (or whichever washing method will work for him)" It seems to me that the loop created by the label would even provide a handy way to hang him up to dry, so he'd get plenty of air flow around him.

Perfect! Thank you, melinphx! And thanks, Amber, for the grumperina link. I'm going to make some labels tonight. :D