PDA

View Full Version : Knitting with two strands together

merimarsh
06-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I am very new to knitting and I have seen a large amount of patterns that require that you knit with two different color strands together. I am totally confused about how to accomplish this. Is it really as simple as just grouping the two strands together and knitting or is there some trick? Would each stitch go through both strands every time (if that makes any sense). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Meridith

margie
06-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Meridith, it is as easy as it sounds!! Just hold the two strands together as if they were one, and knit with them both. No tricks!! :D

merimarsh
06-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Is it difficult to keep track of the two strands as you are working along?

mulene
06-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Is it difficult to keep track of the two strands as you are working along?

I thought it would be when I was doing this, but surprisingly it was pretty simple.

You just have to remember that it's two loops per stitch - mostly they twist together so its ok. :)

merimarsh
06-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Thank you so much for your help. It doesn't seem nearly as intimidating anymore. I will give it a try.

samm
06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
It is very simple as others have described. The only warning I have for you is to watch your loops as you knit, the stitches formed, to make sure you have both colours. Sometimes I miss one of the strands and if I didn't catch it I'd have a wierd loopy thing on my knitting.! It becomes automatic to watch the colours. Usually they stick together pretty well! Have fun with it! :XX: samm