PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY (YARN SWIFT OMG)

VictoiseC
06-13-2006, 02:08 PM
I actually jumped up and down Sunday night when the auction closed (ebay) and after waiting almost 2 years I think ? and not being able to decide where to buy from I just DID IT and GOT IT.

My DH told me to play the ebay game and wait til the last minute which I don't really like to do but I noticed these Glimakra swifts did go for quite a difference in price and I waited til the last 10 minutes and got it (OH I WANTED A GLIMAKRA SO BAD!)
for $51. Plus shipping $13 but still a lot better than some stores.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL IT ARRIVES!!!!!!

:inlove:

Jan in CA
06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah!! :cheering:

I don't know one from another though...I just do it by hand. :rollseyes:

skNYC
06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Post photo when you get it please ! We want to see ! :happydance:

Ingrid
06-13-2006, 02:49 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
06-13-2006, 04:04 PM
:cheering: :cheering: YAY for you :cheering: :cheering:

cozy
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Goody for you!!! :happydance:

kemp
06-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Great deal! The excitement of an auction is so much fun.

For future reference for anyone else interested in a Glimakra (they're awesome!) , 59.99 and free shipping (http://www.divaknitting.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_31&products_id=146)

Cristy
06-13-2006, 07:33 PM
WHY KEMP...why do you have to advertise so well...I have a cheap metal swift that I purchased just so I'd have one and I HATE IT...now you're tempting me.....

kemp
06-13-2006, 08:17 PM
:roflhard: Well geez! I can't help it if my goal in knitting business is to be somewhat altruistic! That swift just so rocks :) ...I couldn't mark it up as much as some places.

I'm sure you could sell the metal swift on ebay or some such venue ;)

miccisue
06-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Please allow me to show my stupidity. What is a "swift", and what is it used for?

I'm a not-so-experienced knitter, so some of the things that are talked about here I don't have a clue of - but figure asking is the best way to learn. :oops:

kemp
06-13-2006, 09:35 PM
It's not stupid...who would possibly know that???

A swift is a device used to aid winding yarn. Have you ever bought yarn in a "hank" yet? It has to be wound in a ball to be able to knit from it...otherwise you end up with a huge mess! It's easier than having a loved one sit there with his/her arms spread open rotating as you wind the ball :roflhard:

Not necessary at all, but certainly a nice accessory, especially if you buy yarn in hanks.

VictoiseC
06-14-2006, 11:08 AM
THANKS EVERYBODY... it's on its way.

Oh geez, Kemp, that's a great price. If I'd known about the free shipping and price.... oh well too late. for me anyhow. I will post a pic of it IN ACTION.
Boy do I have a lot of skeins to do, some 2 year old etc.

Now I have to go figure out the Fed Ex tracking thing that I've heard you all talk about................................

kemp
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh yeah...you definitely need the tracking number...you could so stalk your package right up to the door!

Julie
06-14-2006, 11:46 AM
My MIL just suggested that we go in together and buy a swift :happydance:

VictoiseC
06-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh bugger me, I'm so pleased.

It arrived today.

More about it in my blog.... (well not that much more but...)