PDA

View Full Version : cool: the nipple project

miss eweniverse
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Check this out- can you imagine THESE (http://www.thenippleproject.com/) on a sweater?

knitty did have a knitted uterus pattern....why not?

IrishBaby
06-16-2006, 08:20 AM
Oh, goodness...

;)

rebecca
06-16-2006, 12:17 PM
....odd...... :thinking:

cozy
06-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I guess if you can think it, you (or someone) can knit it. If I made any, I think it'd be cool to have weird-colored knit nipples, like blue or fuschia. :oo:

Treeling
06-18-2006, 06:24 PM
You know.... I'm not sure what celebrities she's been looking at, but I see pah-lenty of nipples on display. Heck, I see plenty at wal-mart. And I'm fine with that. My point is, they're not really "disappearing."

More importantly.... Um, how is a nipple the province of feminism, exactly. I'm a feminist. And I have two of them. But so does my husband. My cat has 6 and he's a male chaunvinist pig, I'm sad to say.

A uterus is really very female. So is two X chromosomes... but nipples? Come on. Those are anybody's game.

I'd much rather knit a titbit http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall05/PATTbits.html

for a good cause than a nipple to protest the alleged invisibility of something I see plenty of every day.

Celine
06-18-2006, 06:50 PM
That was ...cute! lol I just read in a recent issue of a knitting magazine how you can knit a "boob" and put it in your bra if you had surgery. They looked cute the ones they showed in the magazine. They all looked like A cups to me tho. pretty small. :XX: :XX:

Mumsy doodles
06-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I wish I had known about those when my grandma was in need of one. She made herself a breast once and weighted it with birdseed. Then she wore it to water aerobics. ahem... she said, "it smelled like mash" (fermented grain for making moonshine) and she had to make herself a new one. :) She was forever trying to make the right breast. I don't think she ever made or found one she liked. She's been gone for almost 7 years now, but it seems like yesterday.

itsbecca1979
06-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I personally wouldn't want anyone seeing my nipples...after birthing and breastfeeding 3 babes, well, my boobs are at my stomach now and it ain't purty!

Thanks to whomever posted the link to the tits...my Mom had a mastectomy so maybe I can make her one! She has a really big boob, though :thinking: