PDA

View Full Version : New Line of Interchangeables!!

Treeling
06-18-2006, 06:01 PM
I've already posted about this in the Interchangeables "debate" topic, but I've just ordered these and I'm so durned excited :happydance: that I have to share with the knitting world at large!

The good folks at KnitPicks have just released their very own line of interchangeables!! (They are also selling a line of their own addi-look-alike standard circulars in smaller sizes as well as a line of DPNS... far less expensive than Addis)

http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/Needles_Options.aspx

These look (to me) to have a lot in common with Addis: the finish, the cables, and the smooth joins. So I have VERY high hopes for them. AND they are much more reasonably priced (not to mention interchangeable!). My new set will arrive sometime next week so I'll come back and offer a review of them later, but until then, I'm curious to know whether ANYONE else has gotten their hands on a set of these babies and what they thought!

DoulaLyndsey
06-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Ooo, those look really nice!! Too bad I already have the Denise AND Boye sets, I really can't justify buying a third :( .

CarmenIbanez
06-18-2006, 07:22 PM
If you try hard enough, you can justify everything!

rebecca
06-18-2006, 07:25 PM
:D Oh yeah, loving those, have already made plans to get the set the 1st of July :thumbsup:

Amber
06-18-2006, 08:07 PM
I ordered a set too!! I can't wait to get them and try them out!

mulene
06-19-2006, 05:40 AM
wish knitpicks would deliver to the UK! I'd be looking at a set too.

misstialouise
06-19-2006, 06:25 AM
OMG!!

How badly do I want those???!!!

Hmmm...... might have to call some of my o/s buddies to help me out with that!!!

;)

Nikki
06-19-2006, 07:34 AM
:inlove: THANKS! Can't wait to try them. I'm still searching for the perfect DPNs.
Nikki

candicane
06-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Please, please, please, to those who already ordered, post a review after you have tried them out. I am certain that after a few positive reviews I could easily rationalize them even though I already have the Boyes.

Candice

JLC
06-19-2006, 09:15 AM
I am debating getting a couple of the circulars in the smaller sizes to see if I like them, or just jumping in and getting the set. The more I look at it, the more I like the whole idea.

Amber
06-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Please, please, please, to those who already ordered, post a review after you have tried them out. I am certain that after a few positive reviews I could easily rationalize them even though I already have the Boyes.

Candice

I will definitely give a full report as soon as I have them in my hot little hands. :happydance: :XX:

Treeling
06-23-2006, 12:26 AM
I am debating getting a couple of the circulars in the smaller sizes to see if I like them, or just jumping in and getting the set. The more I look at it, the more I like the whole idea

Ooooh, I was faced with the same dilemma. Luckily, since I don't OFFICIALLY have a full set of interchangeables (I have a bunch of Boyes, though...) I rationalized buying the set.

UNLUCKILY, they are apparently delayed for 7 to 14 days. :crying:

When they get here, though, I will happily review them. And if anyone else gets theirs first, I'd LOVE to see what they thought of them.