PDA

View Full Version : Kemp-Corn Fiber Yarn?

Sara
06-22-2006, 10:44 AM
How does it feel? Is it like cotton or bamboo? Is it woven like the SWTC Bamboo? The colors are very pretty! This Iowa girl wants to knit with corn!

brendajos
06-22-2006, 10:50 AM
*perk* corn? eeeeeeeeeeeenteresting..... :thinking:

rebecca
06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
:shock: OMGOODNESS :shock: I didn't even know that the a-maizing was in stores...I MUST get some :cheering: :cheering:

mulene
06-22-2006, 11:00 AM
woah that sounds interesting. I MUST find a place here in the UK that has all that stuff - bamboo, soy silk etc etc - I want to feel it all up!

BTW another note that Kemp rocks =D Just bought stretchy needles from Diva Knitting Store =D

rebecca
06-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Yes, she does :thumbsup:
Oh, you will LOVE soysilk, bamboo...all of SWTC yarns...my very, very, very fave yarns!! Can't wait to try the corn yarn :D

RachelJean
06-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Ooo that sounds so interesting ...I want to try it. That gives me another excuse to go to Kemp's store....as if I need excuses. :rollseyes: And yes, her store is great!

Shandeh
06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
I've tried to spin soy silk before. Man, it's hard to do!

kemp
06-22-2006, 05:26 PM
:roflhard: I just had to go feel it up again after reading this! It is nice and soft...more of a flat yarn though like a ribbon. It seems like it would drape really nice. I can't wait to try it. This is as close up I as I could get without too much blur.

I only have the color "Aidan" right now. The other ones I ordered are supposed to come next week. You can see all the colors at SWTC (http://soysilk.com/) under new yarns. I will probably be placing another with them very soon so if anyone has special requests for colors, quantity, etc. please let me know.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
06-22-2006, 10:57 PM
ooooooooooooooooo i want to knit with corn!!!!!

KellyK
06-23-2006, 12:59 AM
ME TOO!!!!! :(

Sara
06-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks, Kemp! That's so purty!! :inlove:

knitaddict
06-23-2006, 11:28 AM
That is just beautiful! I wish I could reach through the screen and feel it... it looks so soft. :heart:

brendajos
06-23-2006, 11:35 AM
That is just beautiful! I wish I could reach through the screen and feel it... it looks so soft. :heart:

how creepy would it be if people really could do that! :shock:

sorry just scary thought off on a tangent for a moment :rofling:

rebecca
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
WOW....ehhh, that is just TOOOO CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brendajos
06-23-2006, 11:43 AM
lol this is what i am saying! I don't know how many times i have said the same thing and it never struck me but just in that moment i had an "aaack" moment...lol

knitaddict
06-23-2006, 11:59 AM

how creepy would it be if people really could do that! :shock:

sorry just scary thought off on a tangent for a moment :rofling:

OMGosh! You're right. I suddenly feel as though I should be grounded w/no tv for a week. ;)

RachelJean
06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
I ordered two skeins of the corn yarn from Kemp yesterday. I have no idea what I'll make with it...but I couldn't resist. Of course I couldn't go to her store and order just one thing, so I'm also getting some Opal and some divalicious handpainted yarn. :happydance: Now if only I could knit 24 hours a day, I'd have time to use it all. :rollseyes:

kemp
06-23-2006, 12:57 PM
:roflhard: or have about eight hands!

I forgot to mention this corn stuff is machine wash/dry!!!

knitaddict
06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
I keep going back to look at it. And I've looked at the colors that are coming in later in the month. And I've looked at all the colors offered on the manufacturer's website. I think I *really* want some of this stuff!!

My only problem is that I have no idea what to make with it! What's the weight? Are there any patterns that would work well for it?

Ok, off to drool over it some more. :)

kemp
06-23-2006, 02:07 PM
It's sport to DK weight, 6 sts and 8 rows = 1" on US 7 I think it would make an awesome summer tank, great baby stuff and since it's washable...I'm even thinking of trying it for some socks.

kemp
06-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I couldn't resist...you guys *made*me do it :roflhard: I had to play with the yarn. I really like it and especially this color...reminds me of the ocean. I wrote a bit about it on my blog (http://www.divaknitting.com/blog).

KellyK
06-23-2006, 08:22 PM
THat color is SO pretty, Kempy! Now, even if its not the best for socks, do you still think it would be good for a tank?

kemp
06-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Definitely great for a tank! Or baby stuff. Maybe even a handbag. Knitting it on those smaller needles made it dense and seemed really strong. I think it would make a cute little handbag kind of like those "Sak" ones.