PDA

View Full Version : Noro Kochoran questions/dye lot

Cristy
06-23-2006, 08:49 AM
My secret pal sent me a hank of Noro Kochoran and I want to use if for the "my so called scarf" by I don't have enough--do you guys think that a different dye lot would be very obvious or should I call the yarn store my buddy bought it from and try to get them to ship me another hank of the same dye lot? It's such a beautiful varigated yarn--I don't want my scarf to look wonky but I think this yarn would be a great choice for that pattern.

kemp
06-23-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure I would worry about the dye lot too much...Noro's colors are so variegated anyway that I'm not sure you would notice much of a change from one dye lot to the next. You could always rotate skeins every couple of rows too, but you might end up with a totally different color pattern than usual.

I used Noro silk garden for the scarf below and as you can see there is so much color variation even within the same dye lot.

Cristy
06-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks Kemp--that's my thoughts too but my pal suggested I post the question here to see what everyone had to say...

callmesusan
06-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Kemp--I love the stitch in Janescarf! Can you share the pattern?

kemp
06-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Thanks Susan! It's a scarf I designed for South West Trading Company (www.soysilk.com). You can find it in their patterns section under "The Jane Scarf"