PDA

View Full Version : Knitpicks has Denise, Boye, and Addi Turbo's 50% off

JLC
06-23-2006, 09:06 AM
I just saw this posted over at Knitty's coffeeshop. I ordered the 12" Addis in sizes 1,2 and 3 for $6.25 each!!!! It looks like they have a lot of sizes. I also bought a 2nd set of Denise's for $24.97. Here's the link:
http://www.knitpicks.com/needles/Needles_list.aspx

Just scroll down below the knitpicks needles. :happydance:

cozy
06-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Ahhhhhhh, right after I placed an order already! :doh:

Oh well, I guess I can cruise back over there. 50% off Addis, who can pass that up?

kemp
06-23-2006, 09:18 AM
OMG! I just went over there and it is sooooooooooooooo hard not to want to get at least 1 pair of addi's...I don't really NEED them though :rollseyes:

Julie
06-23-2006, 09:51 AM
:cheering: Thank you!!! I just ordered a set of Denises...$28 shipped! The deal I've been waiting for! :D

AnreeAce
06-23-2006, 10:43 AM
:cheering: Thank you!!! I just ordered a set of Denises...$28 shipped! The deal I've been waiting for! :D

My sentiments exactly... how was I supposed to resist that?

Thanks JLC!

Jan in CA
06-23-2006, 10:48 AM
:shock: :shock: :thinking:

ETA.. they don't have the addis I want. Poo. :doh:

suecq
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Looks like they are selling off their existing stock. They probably intend to only carry their house brand in th efuture.

knitqueen
06-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Oh poo, they have the needle I've been looking everywhere for but can't find it anywhere except for a lot of $$$$$ of course -- size 1, 40" -- BUT with the $6.99US shipping charge to Canada (more than the needle itself! :rollseyes: ) it makes it not so worth it :( Drat.

Celine
06-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Wow..that price of under $25.00 for the Denise set is amazing!!! If I didn't already own a set I'd sure buy them. Wonderful deal for sure.

brendajos
06-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Oh poo, they have the needle I've been looking everywhere for but can't find it anywhere except for a lot of $$$$$ of course -- size 1, 40" -- BUT with the $6.99US shipping charge to Canada (more than the needle itself! :rollseyes: ) it makes it not so worth it :( Drat.

if you think about it though, that would probably be about the regular price here...not great but could definitely be worse!

:blush: yeah i ordered another set of denise needles....ssshhhh...don't tell! i found myself swearing at my addis this week because the points weren't pointy enough on the 10.5s....whoda thunk that would have happened?

rebecca
06-23-2006, 11:36 AM
WOW, can't believe Denises are $25.oo either!!! But, alas, I ordered the Options set, no sale needles...I have all of the needles that I could possibly ever need....but, I couldn't resist ;)

RachelJean
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Wow...I just placed an order yesterday for their new circulars, but I couldn't resist this sale. I just bought 4 more addi's. Now I must stop spending money - I really don't need any more needles. :rollseyes:

snephenie
06-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow!!! must resist temptation!!! Denise's for $25??? Holy cow!
I mean I already have mine...I'd really like the Options though.

knitqueen
06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
if you think about it though, that would probably be about the regular price here...not great but could definitely be worse!

Yes, you're right but if I can get it locally for $18-$20 or whatever it might be at my LYS then there's no point in trying to get a 'deal' online if the shipping brings it up to about the same price anyways because there's exchange from US-Canadian which brings it up another couple dollars too.

brendajos
06-23-2006, 11:54 AM
yeah that's true...that is generally my line of thinking as well...AND i don't have to wait for it either then. :(

mornnen
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, I just took the plunge!

After hearing all of the raves about these needles and figuring how much I would save buy not buying individual needles (both straight and circular) I decided get them. And then you really have to buy yarn so that your yarn stash doesn't feel envious of your needle stash :D

I am so excited, I can hardly wait :D

Julie
pet mom to Vinny and Thelma Louise

knitaddict
06-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeeehaw! I've been scrimping and saving to buy a pair of Denise's. How can you ever get enough when there's all that lovely yarn just calling your name?? ;)

I'm off to order some. TY for the info.

knitqueen
06-23-2006, 12:08 PM
yeah that's true...that is generally my line of thinking as well...AND i don't have to wait for it either then. :(

We knitters hate to wait, don't we?? ;)

brendajos
06-23-2006, 12:10 PM
lol yes when i get needles i tend to think i need them right now...

ya know...like i am having a knitting emergency!

:rollseyes: :rofling:

Julie
06-23-2006, 12:22 PM
RATS, KQ, I just called to see if I could add that needle to my order for you and they said no :crying: ...it had already processed or something. :(

knitqueen
06-23-2006, 12:28 PM
RATS, KQ, I just called to see if I could add that needle to my order for you and they said no :crying: ...it had already processed or something. :(

Well aren't you sweet!! :heart: :heart: Don't worry about me, I'm just venting about the woes of international shipping!

Julie
06-23-2006, 12:41 PM
It must be frustrating...especially when you know the item weighs one ounce and would cost like $1 to mail. :rollseyes:

skNYC
06-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank you for sharing !!!

I need to find a shoppers anonymouse... bad !

JLC
06-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who couldn't resist. I definitely didn't need the 2nd Denise set, and I may decide to give it as a gift, but I couldn't pass up the deal. It just means I can have more WIP's, right? Now all I have to do is make sure I get home first every day for the next few weeks to check the mail so dh doesn't see how much stuff I've bought. It's not really about the money for him, it's more that he just can't see why I could possibly need more needles or yarn. Soooo, I just stash stuff in the closet and pretend it's always been there.

skNYC
06-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who couldn't resist. I definitely didn't need the 2nd Denise set, and I may decide to give it as a gift, but I couldn't pass up the deal. It just means I can have more WIP's, right? Now all I have to do is make sure I get home first every day for the next few weeks to check the mail so dh doesn't see how much stuff I've bought. It's not really about the money for him, it's more that he just can't see why I could possibly need more needles or yarn. Soooo, I just stash stuff in the closet and pretend it's always been there.

Doesn't he see the credit card statements? I couldn't get away with that one.

becjo
06-23-2006, 02:10 PM
That's still a great deal - I just bought a pair of Addi's size 8 47" long and they cost me $19.95 here at my LYS! It makes me want to buy, buy buy - but I'm going to restrain myself! (I think!)

mulene
06-23-2006, 02:14 PM
/drool now IF I could find reason to buy a second Denise set AND the knitpicks set... =P

06-23-2006, 02:25 PM
I just tried ordering the Denise's and they are sold out!!! :evil:

JLC
06-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Doesn't he see the credit card statements? I couldn't get away with that one.

Nope. He says that as long as the bills are paid that's all that matters to him. IF I were to tell him how much $$ I've spent in the last couple weeks, he'd probably be a little irritated, BUT I'm not telling, so I'm all set.

AidanM
06-23-2006, 02:44 PM
I got my dad to order me a set of Denise needles (I don't have a credit card. They scare me, to be honest, lol.) I'm going to pay him in cash. I'm SO EXCITED! There's SO MUCH knitting I've been wanting to do, but I only have one or two pairs of straights and they give my hands cramps.

candicane
06-23-2006, 02:48 PM
where are the addis... I am not finding them!

Candice

Ingrid
06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
I just took an inventory of my needles and decided which ones I wanted. Now they're gone. Must have sold out. That's what I get for waiting to see what I needed rather than ordering one of each for the heck of it. :rofling:

Lisa Kay
06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, I was looking online at their website, and decided to call in my order. That helped a little bit. A couple of the Addis that I thought were gone were still available. :happydance:

But the Denise set is already sold out. Shoot! :( Of course I already have one Denise set, but I figured for half price I'd get a second set. Nope. Oh well.

So what did I do instead? Ordered more yarn, of course! :rofling:

brendajos
06-23-2006, 03:22 PM
where are the addis... I am not finding them!

Candice

i just looked and it looks like they are all gone.

Lisa Kay
06-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Try calling them:

I did this earlier this afternoon when the Addis were no longer showing up on their web site. Although some were already sold out, they did still have a few left that I wanted to get.

blueeyes28
06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
I didn't see addi's am I blind?

blueeyes28
06-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh well I bought the boye set and a cardigan pattern my husband is going to is going to need a major talking to when he gets home for letting me hang on to the credit card!! :rofling:

brendajos
06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
I didn't see addi's am I blind?

methinks we flooded them...and would guess that even though some couldn't get the super bargains, they likely made money off most people who found other things to soothe their sorrows! ;)

Danielle
06-23-2006, 07:30 PM
I just called KP....all the addi's and denise's are gone. :( but, she said that the knitpicks brand of interchangables, and the dpn's are just like addi turbo's. I think I'll order me some DPN's. :thumbsup:

Ellen Edwards
06-23-2006, 07:44 PM
Gee--I wish I'd seen this earlier--the addis and the Denises are GONE!!! I wish I could have gotten the Denises!! If anyone wants to sell their Denises for as little as $25--I'll gladly buy them from you so you can get somehting on your OPTIONS needles (isn't that the name??) :thinking:

Cristy
06-23-2006, 08:27 PM
crapola! I didn't order any earlier today so I could come home and inventory what I had link Ingrid and now they are gone!!!

itsbecca1979
06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Geez all the good sales happen when I have $5 to last us 2 weeks! :rollseyes:

Rennagayle
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Sigh...looks like I'm a day late and a dollar short. I'd sure have loved to try my first Addis. :(

janelanespaintbrush
06-23-2006, 08:49 PM
I was at the knitpicks site earlier today, and the addis I wanted to buy literally disappeared from my cart while I was looking around trying to figure out what else to order. :doh: I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising person bought them out for re-sale on ebay.

You know what I was thinking, though, that makes me kind of sad? I'm worried that this needle-buying frenzy at Knitpicks (especially with the new options sets) is going to hurt Amy's rainbow Denise sales. I don't know how well she's been doing, or how much she has in stock, but I'm sure it can't help that these new ones are out and the others went for so cheap. :(

Shandeh
06-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Geez all the good sales happen when I have $5 to last us 2 weeks! :rollseyes:

Same thing here! I have $14 to last until the end of the month. :rollseyes:

Looks like I need to start selling some stuff on eBay again.

I'll let you guys know if I'm selling any yarn or needles.

:thumbsup:

blueeyes28
06-23-2006, 09:58 PM
The denise's are back on the page I don't know if that is a mistake or that they have more!!

CateKnits
06-23-2006, 10:14 PM
You know what I was thinking, though, that makes me kind of sad? I'm worried that this needle-buying frenzy at Knitpicks (especially with the new options sets) is going to hurt Amy's rainbow Denise sales. I don't know how well she's been doing, or how much she has in stock, but I'm sure it can't help that these new ones are out and the others went for so cheap. :(
I don't know...I think at least some people that want to buy rainbow Denises from Amy will buy them because they're rainbow and from Amy. I plan to once I finish paying off some other stuff. :cheering:

DianaM
06-23-2006, 10:14 PM
Yep, they're back.

My mom used to knit a lot before she got married and moved to the Gulf Coast. With the high temperatures (and her job), she gave up knitting for 33 years.
When she came up to visit for the summer, she seemed happy that I had taken up knitting and interested in picking up where she left off.

So I just ordered her a set of Denise's ^____^
Can't wait to give 'em to her :heart:

06-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Yep, they're back.

My mom used to knit a lot before she got married and moved to the Gulf Coast. With the high temperatures (and her job), she gave up knitting for 33 years.
When she came up to visit for the summer, she seemed happy that I had taken up knitting and interested in picking up where she left off.

So I just ordered her a set of Denise's ^____^
Can't wait to give 'em to her :heart:

Hey, did you get a confirmation on the Denise's? They arent' there anymore and I just called to complain because I placed an order yesterday afternoon and the lady gets done processing everything and tells me that they were backordered and I couldn't get them. Argh!!

I wonder why they put them back on the page again??

DianaM
06-24-2006, 02:13 PM
I received confirmation of my order via email. They did re-print the same message they have on the website, saying that their needle orders are backordered. Only that at the site, it says that Knitpicks needles are backordered and they omitted the "knitpick" part on the email.

Still, if they are backordered, at least my order is in, and I have been billed the discount price, so it is not much of a loss. I'll get 'em eventually.

Jan in CA
06-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I received confirmation of my order via email. They did re-print the same message they have on the website, saying that their needle orders are backordered. Only that at the site, it says that Knitpicks needles are backordered and they omitted the "knitpick" part on the email.

Still, if they are backordered, at least my order is in, and I have been billed the discount price, so it is not much of a loss. I'll get 'em eventually.

I ordered yarn and a pattern (no needles) and I still got the needles backordered message. :lol:

DianaM
06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Gotta love automated messages :roflhard: