PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Mysteries

jdee
06-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Has anyone read these books? I love mysteries, and these look like they's be fun.
http://www.maggiesefton.com/knitting.html

knitaddict
06-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I've read Knit One, Kill Two. It was pretty good -not great, but good - and is actually what inspired me to learn to knit. :)

Shandeh
06-23-2006, 04:02 PM
I want those so bad! Too bad I'm broke for the next week. :(

Yarnlady
06-25-2006, 08:57 AM

Library :thumbsup:

Celine
06-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I have both of those books and won them on Ebay a few months ago. Havent' read them yet tho. :XX:

Nikki
06-25-2006, 12:55 PM
thanks jdee, adding it to my book list
Nikki

Jan in CA
06-25-2006, 01:07 PM
I've read both of those and liked them a lot!

jdee
06-25-2006, 01:11 PM
carolina red wrote:
I want those so bad! Too bad I'm broke for the next week.

Library

Thanks! I'll be off to the library Monday. If they don't have them, I might see if amazon does.

Shandeh
06-25-2006, 01:29 PM

Library :thumbsup:[/quote]

Well, I hate to admit it, but I have late fees at the library right now! :oops:

They say that I forgot to turn in a book about surgery that I checked out when I had my hysterectomy in February. I thought for sure that I had turned it in, and I can't find it ANYWHERE. I guess I'll be stuck with paying for it. :(

Amber
06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Those look like fun books!

DotMom61
06-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Well, I hate to admit it, but I have late fees at the library right now! :oops:

They say that I forgot to turn in a book about surgery that I checked out when I had my hysterectomy in February. I thought for sure that I had turned it in, and I can't find it ANYWHERE. I guess I'll be stuck with paying for it. :(

Sandy -

Have you checked the library shelf? Every now and then the "checked out" status doesn't get cleared when you turn your book in. Given the large quantity of books the kids & I check out, we have this happen on occasion, too. They're usually quite gracious about it when I discover that's what happened.

And if you truly are unable to locate it, just tell them and see what they say. My darling DS lost a CD once, and we couldn't find it ANYWHERE. They just put it on LOST status, and that's all she wrote. They're generally more forgiving than you would think -- at least our library, anyway!

Good luck!

JLC
06-26-2006, 01:20 PM
I've read the 1st one, and I didn't even realize the 2nd one was out. I'll have to check the library the next time I go.

Secksiebrat
06-26-2006, 01:56 PM
If you're ever looking for used books and like to trade/swap them there is a great site I use called www.paperbackswap.com. It's free to use and very easy. If you list 9 books into the system you want to trade, you get 3 credits to find books you want yourself. All that it cost you is the shipping (1.59 media mail rate) to ship the book if someone requests your book, BUT once they receive your book, you get a credit. It's pretty easy and I've found LOTS of books I've wanted through this sytem. If anyone is interested, let me know, I'll send you a referral and it'll give me a credit if you decide to sign up! Like I said it's free to signup!

~danielle~