PDA

View Full Version : OT She better not!

Jackie M.
06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
J.K. Rowling better not kill off Harry Potter in book 7!!!

That's all I have to say about that.

mulene
06-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Well if she does she'll probably marry him and Hermoine off first so they can have Son of Harry Potter and she can make a mint selling the next generation of Potter books =P

brendajos
06-28-2006, 08:23 PM
gotta say...i don't think there is any way she can finish that series without killing him. my friends and I have talked about it a lot and we are coming to the conclusion that he has to die in order to defeat Voldemort.

Jackie M.
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
gotta say...i don't think there is any way she can finish that series without killing him. my friends and I have talked about it a lot and we are coming to the conclusion that he has to die in order to defeat Voldemort.

:crying: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :crying:

Jan in CA
06-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I've been reading about this, too. I don't think she has to kill Harry off, BUT if she leaves it open for him to go out from school to fight evil then she also leaves it open for sequels when she's gone...and she does't want that. It bites!!!!! I don't want the series to end. :(

brendajos
06-28-2006, 08:41 PM
of course there is the other issue that it isn't like people are going to stop reading her books if she kills him off........ :angelgrin:

honestly the other thing is that other writers aside, i think killing him off keeps her from having to fend off people demanding she continue the story too.

Jan in CA
06-28-2006, 08:43 PM
honestly the other thing is that other writers aside, i think killing him off keeps her from having to fend off people demanding she continue the story too.

:verysad:

snephenie
06-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I have never read a book (ok, I have never finished Book 1) or seen a movie. But is Harry old enough to get married now?

snephenie
06-28-2006, 08:58 PM
OT-----

Jan...is that a Himmie as your avatar? Looks like a Seal Point.

brendajos
06-28-2006, 09:12 PM
i believe in book 7 he will be about 17-18-ish

sfavereau
06-28-2006, 11:50 PM
I think she might have to kill him off so that no one can bring him back to life when she's done with the series.

Anyone read Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan? He's got to kill off his main character Rand Al'thor in the last book (which I am waiting for). At least J.K. Rowling doesn't have any possibly terminal diseases like R.J. does. She'll finish... WoT, on the other hand.... and I'll cry (both for R.J. and his unfinished work).

Jan in CA
06-29-2006, 12:06 AM
OT-----

Jan...is that a Himmie as your avatar? Looks like a Seal Point.

She is a Seal Point Mitted Ragdoll cat (http://rfwclub.org/mitt.htm). Pretty isn't she! She's 15 yrs old now and her name is Marshmallow. They do look similar to Himilayans, but the don't have the squish face of persian types.
http://purrcat-jan.smugmug.com/photos/2670398-S.jpg

snephenie
06-29-2006, 12:14 AM
She is VERY pretty!

I had a Himmie in college, she now lives with my old roomate. She was a dollface himmie though....no squishy face.

[/img]

Jan in CA
06-29-2006, 12:17 AM
Awww! Chloe is cute!

Secksiebrat
06-29-2006, 12:30 AM
Where did you read this? I'm curious as I've been waiting to hear SOME news about the next book!

~danielle~

Jan in CA
06-29-2006, 01:31 AM
Where did you read this? I'm curious as I've been waiting to hear SOME news about the next book!

~danielle~

It's all over in the news, but here is one link.
CNN- Harry Potter (http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/06/26/potter.deaths.ap/index.html)

DreamWeaver
06-29-2006, 03:51 AM
gotta :heart: HP!

My big sister thinks that Harry's going to have a big showdown with Voldemort. Then he's going to create the Avadak adava, the living spell, and all the spirits of the people old Voldi-poo killed will come back and help Harry.

But I don't know what will happen. But I don't think JK will kill Harry off... that would be so sad :crying:

Yarnlady
06-29-2006, 10:06 AM
We (my kids and I) came to the conclusion a long time ago that Harry had to die in order to make sure that Voldemort is dead. However, with the ghost lore she has set up, Harry can always be around to help out when Hermoine and Ron are Headmaster and/or Headmistress of Hogswart. What would Harry do if he reached adulthood? With all the adventures he's had since he found out who he was, what's left? :angelgrin:

My youngest son said he'd read the other day that at least two major characters would die in the last book. :thinking:

Secksiebrat
06-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow, I must of missed that. Wow...... hrm... A whole nother year. This is crazy..

~danielle~

DreamWeaver
06-29-2006, 05:29 PM
But if Harry dies that will go completely against the prophasy (sp?). Neither can live while the other survives. So if Harry dies, Voldemort will live, but if Harry lives, Voldemort survives. The prophasy wouldn't be true if they both died...

Then again, I'm still in denile that Dumbledore and Sirius died, so don't mind me....[/quote]

brendajos
06-29-2006, 05:40 PM
aaah but you are assuming that Harry is actually the chosen one! ;)

(yeah we have talked about this ad nauseum every time a new book or movie comes out and every time she gives any sort of hint! :rofling: )

WynnieG
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
But if Harry dies that will go completely against the prophasy (sp?). Neither can live while the other survives. So if Harry dies, Voldemort will live, but if Harry lives, Voldemort survives. The prophasy wouldn't be true if they both died...

Then again, I'm still in denile that Dumbledore and Sirius died, so don't mind me....[/quote]

Well, technically, neither V or HP has had much of a "life" since the night V. tried to kill him.

The key to the puzzle is in Book 6. Notice how, whenever a new wizard world concept is introduced in some innocent way, it becomes really important later on? Portkeys, for example. Metamorphmagi, for another. And now the Horcruxes.

My thought on finishing the last book was that Harry's scar is the last Horcrux. Lily's last act of magic managed to keep Harry alive, and somehow the combination of both spells fused two souls in one body.

There's a neat article in The Harry Potter Lexicon (http://www.hp-lexicon.org/magic/devices/horcruxes.html) about this as well.

Jackie M.
06-29-2006, 06:20 PM
Harry could be moved up to the new head master, since he has been through more in his short life than the older wiser wizards.

I just know that if Rowling kills him off, I am going to shake my fist real hard at her!!!

:evil:

brendajos
06-29-2006, 06:24 PM
My thought on finishing the last book was that Harry's scar is the last Horcrux. Lily's last act of magic managed to keep Harry alive, and somehow the combination of both spells fused two souls in one body.

That's actually the what my friends and i have sort of concluded too....and we think that is the exact reason why Harry has to die.

Jackie you made me giggle!

misstialouise
06-30-2006, 02:26 AM
Okay... here's my take on it all..

Harry IS the chosen one.. this was made very clear. By Voldemort CHOOSING Harry, he created his nemesis. It could have just as easily been Neville.. but he wasn't chosen..

Dumbledore & Sirius are dead. They ain't comin' back. There was a portrait appear of Dumbledore in the headmasters office.. ergo.. dead.

I don't know that Harry can die in the last book. It would be hard to re-read the series knowing that in the end, he gets it... just not condusive to a return audience... (plus.. would ruin the movie ;))

Ron or Hermoine will die. For it to be truly tragic, it will have to be someone he loves. And while he and Ginny were 'together'.. his strongest bonds are with those two.. just because he hasn't tongued them... ;)

Neville will surprise everyone. He just will.. it's been building up to that since book 4...

DreamWeaver
06-30-2006, 03:53 AM
Yes... you're probably right...

I think Ron'll die. I could see him risking his life for Harry... or maybe NEVILLE will die. That would be so sad...

KellyK
06-30-2006, 08:30 AM
And, I dont think she'll marry Harry and Hermione off... Herm and Ron have been in WUV since they were, like 12!

Jackie M.
06-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Okay... here's my take on it all..

Ron or Hermoine will die. For it to be truly tragic, it will have to be someone he loves. And while he and Ginny were 'together'.. his strongest bonds are with those two.. just because he hasn't tongued them... ;)

I'm afraid you will be right on this one. I just don't understand why authors have to make things tragic. These have been good books for kids and adults both and they make you happy at the end of every one of them. Why leave us sad on the last one? I won't even read the last book if anyone we have come to love is killed. Believe I'll hear about it too, since I work in a library.

Ronda
06-30-2006, 10:48 AM
I read this article too! I hope she doesn't kill him off! I think it's a little sad the whole series is coming to an end anyway, but I guess it had to happen some time!

This was an interesting thread!