PDA

View Full Version : I-cord

mornnen
07-02-2006, 10:03 AM
I have what is likely a really strange question about I cord--is it hollow on the inside or is it a solid cord?

The reason I ask is this: I can't run this ceiling fan of mine on medium or high without the pulls for the light and fan "clinking" annoyingly against the glass globe and I was trying to think of a quick and easy knitting solution. Any ideas? :thinking:

Julie

Angelia
07-02-2006, 10:11 AM
It's hollow-ish...depends on how many stitches you use when you make it. I think it would make a great ceiling fan cord!

Jan in CA
07-02-2006, 10:20 AM
That's a cool idea! I run the loose end through the middle of the cord so it is sort of hollow.

mornnen
07-02-2006, 10:23 AM
So you think if I used enough stitches that I could slip it over the existing pull cords?

Julie

Jan in CA
07-02-2006, 10:26 AM
So you think if I used enough stitches that I could slip it over the existing pull cords?

Julie

Well, it's not really hollow like that.. I've never tried something like this though. :thinking: I'm not sure how large you can make an i-cord, but why don't you give it a try? Try with large needles and see if it's more open that way, too. Let us know how it works out!

Pink Dandelion
07-02-2006, 10:42 AM
You could knit just a few inches and see how that works out for you. I'd imagine it would work, an icord is really just a little tube of knitting. But it can be pretty dense in the middle depending on how tight it's knit and how many stitches around it is, and it might be a little tricky threading your pull cord all the way through.

Angelia
07-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Knit a few inches and then try to attach the light pull to a crochet hook or something and pull it through the i-cord bit. I'll bet if you're using worsted weight wool and do a 4-stitch cord, the chain should slip through. (If it's the kind like we have here, anyway.) You might have to force it through on the cast on end, but that shouldn't be hard given the size of the stitches.