PDA

View Full Version : Sort of OT: What blog?

knitaddict
07-02-2006, 11:45 AM
What is the best place to set up a blog? I've been spending quite a lot of time reading blogs lately and I want to keep a list of my knitting stuff, so I guess I'm toying with the idea of starting a blog. I don't know how any of them work and don't want to start 10 different blogs just to find the one I like the most. lol ;)

Where would you recommend I set one up IF I convince myself to do this? I would really like something that's incredibly easy to set up. I'm not a computer ignoramus, but I'm no expert either. :)

TIA!

snephenie
07-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I like Blogger, it's pretty easy. I had some help though :)

DianaM
07-02-2006, 11:53 AM
This is mine (http://www.cafenox.net/blog/), if you'd like to checkout a simple layout. It's by wordpress.

I've tried 4....and in my order or preference, they would be:

1. WordPress (www.wordpress.com for free ones / www.wordpress.org if you have a website).

2. LiveJournal (www.livejournal.com/)

3. Blogspot. (www.blogger.com)

4. Xanga (www.xanga.com)

CateKnits
07-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I just got a wordpress one for my new domain and I LOVE it. :cheering:

Vendie
07-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm using MovableType and I love it, but I wouldn't recommend shelling out the money if you're not sure if you'll like blogging. I used Blogger before and it was good overall.

rebecca
07-02-2006, 12:56 PM
I have recently begun blogging. I am currently using blogger and like it just fine :D I had help from the bloggers here bc I had virtually no clue as to what goes where in the template...but it's all pretty easy once you get going :thumbsup:

Friskums
07-02-2006, 01:31 PM
I've had a number of different blogs when I was looking for the one I liked best.

I'm using www.blogdrive.com right now. I love it.
It's a little funky when getting used to it, but once you know where things go, it's really easy. Does need a little bit of HTML for some things.

I really enjoyed www.livejournal.com too.

I'm not a big fan of www.blogger.com

www.xanga.com isn't bad either.

Julie
07-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I :heart: Blogger...I've been using it for almost two years and haven't had any problems except a tiny bit of downtime, which is very rare and to be expected with something that's totally free. :D

Cristy
07-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I use blogger and like it a lot...

I have a xanga site and like it too....

have my own web space and tried wordpress and wasn't impressed although it's probably b/c it required skills I don't have or couldn't figure out that I needed....

I hate Live Journal but it's an aesthetics thing...just me, likely, b/c others seem to think it looks fine.

CateKnits
07-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Livejournal has enough templates that most people can find something not too offensively ugly. I was an LJ addict for a couple of years but I haven't bothered with it much since I have you guys to talk to. Weird, huh?