PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem...

KnittyLou
07-02-2006, 06:02 PM
How do you all get any knitting done?! :thinking: I try to knit and then am drawn back to the internet to do hours of browsing knitting sites; printing patterns; looking at the videos on this site; ordering things....(I just ordered baby bobbi bear from knittingbag and it should arrive TOMORROW or WEDNESDAY! YAAA).

I wish i could figure out a way to knit and surf the net at the same time.

LOL :XX:

Linda

snephenie
07-02-2006, 06:02 PM
I agree..I want a voice activation thingy where I talk and it types for me :)

Cristy
07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
I, too, suffer from the same problem. And then there is the 3 yr old, this pregnancy, work, the house to clean, the dog who must sit on my lap, the state board on which I'm a director....

I was just thinking earlier that I get nothing done lately...and when I have a moment (like now--dh is coloring w/ dd in her room)...I'm too tired to knit.

Jan in CA
07-02-2006, 06:51 PM
:roflhard: You are not alone! I tend to knit at night more myself. ;)

kemp
07-02-2006, 07:39 PM
haha...maybe you need voice recognition software so you can "type" and knit at the same time...I use to tease Ingy about that...I've come to the conclusion that she just never sleeps :P

Nimmie
07-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm often knitting sitting at the computer...My "current projects" boxes are sitting right nex to me here...

bjc1050
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I keep a project beside my computer desk. I find opportunities when my antivirus program or Microsoft updates components along with other little breaks between surfing. Also, knit at night - especially from around 9 (after doggies have had their cooky time) til 12:30 AM or so.

AidanM
07-02-2006, 08:20 PM
My problem is that I only have two pairs of needles right now, so I can't knit much of anything, and I end up not being able to sleep because of all the things I have stuck in my head that I want to knit.

Ingrid
07-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I go back and forth. I generally only come here on the computer, so I don't get sucked into all kinds of searches or reading of lots of blogs out there.
When I've been through all the new posts I go back and knit. When I need a little break from that, I come back here.

skNYC
07-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I find myself buying more than knitting. My hubby said my first pair of knitted socks cost 500 bucks, then each additional finished project splits the prices in half, so now a pair of socks cost $250, a scarf costs $250. Now I am on a hat, so once it's done, each piece will be $167 and so on...; but I am not done shopping yet :roflhard:

Jenelle
07-02-2006, 10:50 PM
I have the same problem... Sometimes I could spend HOURS looking through patterns and not even realise it. :(

I usually knit after midnight because I'm usually relaxed at that time.

KnittyLou
07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
:cheering: Well I am sure glad I am NOT the only one!
skNYC said "..but I am not done shopping yet". Boy cay I relate there.
Hobby Lobby had a sale. DD and I bought out the store I think.

Of course I work 40 hrs per week so can't knit then. Work just interferes with my hobbies! :roflhard:

Good night all. Happy knitting

And have a happy and save Fourth of July holiday.

Linda

sfavereau
07-02-2006, 11:32 PM
I had the internet problem and now I have the World of Warcraft problem...... so now it's knitting during tv time, since I can knit and spend time with dh too!

figaro
07-03-2006, 12:44 AM
I tend to also spend too much time on the computer (like now!) than on my knitting. Not to mention that we are getting ready to put our house up for sale so we are trying to pack as much stuff as possible and finish up all the projects that, well that we never finished! And then there is the general cleaning, 3 small kids, the cat and the dog and the husband! I hate it when life gets in the way of me knitting... :doh:

Lieke
07-03-2006, 02:19 AM
I usually have to study a lot, so there won't be any knitting while I'm studying. But with this schoolyear almost finished, only 1 more exam to learn, I have a lot more time to knit. But I find myself usually on the internet for hours. I have one project next to my pc, so I can knit while talking on MSN. Other things won't combine with knitting. But now I'm finishing a vest (changed it with thanx to ladybug lady ;)) for my boyfriend. His birthday is next wednesday, so I want it finished then, so I can give it to him that day. If I won't make it on wednesday, I can give it on his party next saterday, but there is a lot of knitting to do the next couple of days. When I'm finishing something, I knit a lot more than usual.

Ladybug Lady
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
But now I'm finishing a waistcoat (don't know if this is te right word, had to look it up in a dictionary) for my boyfriend.

Waistcoat will probably make sense in European English, but in American English we use the word vest. Most of us wouldn't know the word unless we've read it in old romance novels. :)

cheesiesmom
07-05-2006, 12:04 PM
When I'm finishing something, I knit a lot more than usual.

Don't we all. It's like being a distance runner who speeds up as the finish line is in sight. Unfortunately, I tend to mess up when I get the end of project excitement.

Lieke
07-06-2006, 05:17 AM
But now I'm finishing a waistcoat (don't know if this is te right word, had to look it up in a dictionary) for my boyfriend.

Waistcoat will probably make sense in European English, but in American English we use the word vest. Most of us wouldn't know the word unless we've read it in old romance novels. :)

thanx for the information. I've learnd european english, so that would explain my mistake.

unfortunately the vest isn't finished in time. My boyfriend's birthday was yesterday and I'm not finished yet. but I'll work really hard to finish it next saterday, when his party is. I have to make it ;)

AnreeAce
07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
unfortunately the vest isn't finished in time. My boyfriend's birthday was yesterday and I'm not finished yet. but I'll work really hard to finish it next saterday, when his party is. I have to make it ;)

People who have knitters in their lives come to understand about gifts that arrive in their own sweet time! They usually appreciate the extension of their birthday, and they get to show off all that gorgeous handwork!

"Look what she made for me, isn't it amazing!"

samm
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Ladies, we truly need to get AidanM some more knitting needles so he can sleep nights!!! :D Poor guy is hooked and dreamknitting! samm

Lieke
07-07-2006, 05:04 PM

People who have knitters in their lives come to understand about gifts that arrive in their own sweet time! They usually appreciate the extension of their birthday, and they get to show off all that gorgeous handwork!

"Look what she made for me, isn't it amazing!"

that's true. and, I'm finished in time for his party tomorrow. I've already wrapped it, so he wouldn't be able to see it before tomorrow and he's very curious atm.

ekgheiy
07-08-2006, 06:05 PM
How do you all get any knitting done?! :thinking: I try to knit and then am drawn back to the internet to do hours of browsing knitting sites; printing patterns ......
Linda I sooooo feel your pain!!!!! :lol:

cgd
07-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, it's quite a shame that there are just not enough hours in the day for knitting!! And in my case, I'm also crocheting an afghan for my son and learning Tunisian crochet. I only have one child, a 9-yr-old boy, so I can spend time with him in the evenings while he watches a little TV or just plays and craft while doing so. I share custody of him with my ex-husband, so when he's not there, I can get a bit more crafting done. My life isn't quite as busy as many of yours and as mine used to be when my son was smaller.

My main problem is wanting to knit or crochet everything I see and having a bit of ADD with it. I have to remember that I can't do everything in a day and to try to actually finish something. I do well having a long-term project (my son's afghan), and alternating that with a short-term project (dishcloths, either knit or crochet, or a small gift such as a cap).

My husband thinks I have too many hooks and needles--I told him there is no such thing as too many!! (Of course, he's got way more tools in the garage, but they forget that conveniently . . .)

PinkRoses
07-08-2006, 07:32 PM
<raising hand> I'll admit that I'm totally addicted to knittingpatterncentral.com. I knit a row, click on a few links, and then keep on knitting! :thumbsup: I'm the queen at multi-tasking so I wouldn't have it any other way. :happydance: